stevel123
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman GTS

Noise level question

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Having had my M6 for 2 months now, I feel it's time to venture down the personalisation route.... Gently gently but we all have to start somewhere
I've noticed when driving in sport+ that the exhaust sounds slightly more aggressive in tone and volume and I like this.
So I wondered if getting the M performance aka Akropovic exhaust would also be slightly less neighbour awaking in comfort mode but still light up fully when I choose to drive in sport+ ... Or does the Akropovic always have the same sound profile regardless of which driving mode you choose to use ?

I've watched so many Akropovic videos but not seen one that actually does a precise side by side comparison of the standard (
competition pack) exhaust against the Akropovic exhaust.... What I mean is a video before and a video after with the same camera and car positions

Really appreciate any links to this sort of video or comments.... Want some noise but also want it on my terms, hence the wish to throttle back the noise when I choose
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 03:31 PM   #2
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 (Fully Modded)

Same thing with Akrapovic, it sounds louder in sport+, but if you stack Akra exhaust with exhaust meister (valve opener) sound will be loud all the time!

Few of my videos (turn the volume to the max, still won't be close to the sound in real life)

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 03:45 PM   #3
branabolic
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

I'm pretty sure that better sound you are referring to when pressing sport plus is just the BMW active sound and not your exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 08:11 PM   #4
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
M Performance Exhaust will behave the same as stock in terms of the valves being open more often in Sport+ and during aggressive driving. It sounds great, makes the right amount of noise without being overly loud or annoying and it's quiet enough during relaxed cruising without being completely absent. My favorite mod so far. However if there is a time where it really is a "neighbor nuisance" it's during cold starts.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0