BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

10-21-2023, 07:42 PM   #1
pconway002
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 640

640i shutoff while driving

2014 640i xdrive gran coupe.
iv been having this problem for over a year where the car would randomly hesitate then instantly shut off, and not start back up unless i reflash the car. does the same stuff on stock tune, just not bad enough to shut off the engine most of the time.
i replaced the HPFP last week which fixed my cold start, poor idle, allowed me to have the MAF plugged in without any issues overall leading me to think the issue was fixed until suddenly it shut off on me again.
prior to shutting off on me this time it threw code
10Ba48-intake air temp too high
108932 IAT sensor group error (this one is almost always thrown as an inactive code whenever the car shuts off)
with the car still running perfect i just cleared the codes and continued on until it shut off while cruising, not turning back on until flashing back to stock, also did not throw any codes, but driving off i had a drivetrain malfunction that cleared up right away.
after, entering onto the highway and accelarating to speed the car hesitated, almost like a misfire causing me to have to pull off to the side where the car just restarted and i drove home taking it easy, no limp mode, no light.
codes i scanned after getting home:
102002 air mass too low
216104 start delay
21a023 engine stopped without driver influence(inactive)
several valvetronic codes, which i usually get sometimes after it just stalls out. dont think these are my issue but codes are 135302, 134a02, 135502(inactive) 135704(inactive)
wondering if one of my MAP sensors is faulty? coils are new, plugs were just put in with HPFP and the car drives absolutely perfect in-between when i get this problem and im running out of ideas of what could actually be wrong.
if anyone has dealt with this before, or anything comes to mind any answers will be massively appreciated
Appreciate 0