Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #2
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
This may be a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway. Any chance there's an English translation somewhere? I got really excited when I saw the title, then really disappointed when I realized I'm not worldly enough to read it
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
danielt
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2016 F87 M2 / 2013 M5 LCI comp

Garage List
Translated:

BMW 650i xDrive / Audi RS 5: V8 coupe in the test
- 05/07/2012
The Audi RS 5 grabs onto the BMW 650i

BMW 650i xDrive and Audi RS 5 have eight cylinders and 400 hp - one of the two high-performance coupes claim. But the victory of Ingolstädters is clear.
E in searching look in his face, then at the waist and short on the bottom. Already it is clear that here with Audi RS 5 and BMW 660i xDrive are facing two very different characters. Their designs appeal to different buyers, and her claim of a highly motorized eight-cylinder coupe followed far beyond the 70,000 € different philosophies. Here the five-meter coupe from BMW - stretched, elegant, dignified, a luxury touring car in the best tradition of GT. Someone who looks like the company of Mercedes CL or Jaguar XK. There, the muscleman from Audi - penetrated by trained, spirited, aggressive sports equipment that is not afraid of the race track. One, the hinterherhechtet at the Nurburgring BMW M3 and Mercedes C 63rd Grace meets attack.

BMW 650i xDrive on the fast lane of the highway shows the BMW , while it draws him: to the left, far left. With tremendous pressure pushing and pulling 600 Nm preceded the two-ton truck from low engine speeds. Typical turbo flat. The twin-turbocharged V8 delivers its forces to bear the wonderful ZF eight-speed automatic that shifts due to lightning gear changes as fast as the Audi S-tronic. When sliding down the boulevard befitting shows the torque converter, the geschliffeneren manners, soft switches, and thus more comfortable. To the same characteristics are also trying steering. For a sporty coupe, but it seems too indirect and imprecise, so that the driver is forced to the narrow serpentine exaggerated back-and-her-cranks. Well, luckily there are BMW 's Integral Active Steering that actually drives the rear wheels, thinks the cash customer and willing to examine the order box on the purchase agreement.

Audi RS5 The RS5 has quattro drive. Always and everywhere. Basta. That's a good thing. Otherwise would have high-speed suction-release 450 hp to the front wheels. Finally, the coupe is a relative of the A4 sedan, and comes home cooking as a front-wheel drive to the world. As it spread a Torsen center differential, the lush eight-cylinder power skillfully between the axles. The technique uses a crown and push 60 percent of power to the rear axle can, but the proportion to increase to 85 percent. The other way up to 70 percent share of the drive axle are possible. This comes in the test car, the sport differential (950 €) on the rear axle, which electronically varies the driving forces between the rear wheels. This effort is stunned with a sharp driving. Madness traction, extreme stability Whoever wins the Bavarian power struggle, you know in the picture above.

Conclusion from the article: (translated)

More horsepower, but only a sip of more consumption, much sportier with almost the same value in use, all over 10 000 € cheaper: This is clearly Audi victory. With its hot-blooded high-revving V8 is not only clear the dynamic car, but inflames the big coupe feelings better than the cool BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2012, 09:08 PM   #4
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 6 M(pkg) Coupe

Who's on Top ??

Having just got back from a European River Cruise and had a 2 hour tour of the ........................... Audi factory, we were very impressed. However, BMW is still #1 in Europe, Audi # 2 and Mercedes #3 !!!

Total European production belongs to Volkswagen as it owns...... Audi.

Over 1428 robots, you could eat off any floor we walked, over 250 direct factory customer "pickups" per day. We were both puzzled that we had not really compared the 2 before?? Definitely room in the back seat for more real sized people!!! Quality and fit was amazing.

Still not sure it's apples to apples but.......... BMW sure want the big $$$$$$$ for any options you might like!!

Like........... M6 vs Audi RS5 should be the test??????????
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 03:17 AM   #5
Holland Harry
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 640d Gran Coupe, Z1

Stupid test!

A RS5 is a sportcar which competes with the M3 and the C63. The 6 series is in a different league and as a GT competes with the Jaguar XK and the Mercedes CL! Sadly for Audi they have nothing to compete in this league.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #6
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Buying cars on this level (6 series) can't be justified figures and measures alone. Passion, emotions, sympathy for the marque, style and class are the relavant (and highly subjective) measures.
As for me: In that order as well.

Last edited by Superspeed; 05-21-2012 at 10:35 AM..
Appreciate 0