BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

08-20-2017, 11:14 PM   #1
Abran_tasrif
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5

2015-2016 M6 Coupe/Gran Coupe Pros and Cons

Hey there fellas, I hope everyone is doing fine. I currently own a 2015 BMW 535i M sport Package and Im going to graduate to college next year so im gonna change my car. I was highly interested in the M6 Coupe or Gran coupe, Either in White or Blue or Red. I been looking at used ones 2015-2016 Over here in New York and They cost around $70,000 to $80,000 tops. I wanted to know pros and cons of the car, In terms of real life reviews, I mean youtube reviews are fine but I dont always believe them.

Thank you for the replies!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2017, 11:41 PM   #2
nissan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP

IMO you shouldn't pay more than $65-67K for a '15 M6 GC, assuming it has at least another 18 mo. or so of warranty left. Even less if it doesn't have B&O and CP.

I bought my '15 CP loaded w every option except CCBs in April and here are my pros/cons (have always had BMWs except my last car which was an E63 AMG):

Pros
- Gorgeous car, I get compliments almost every where I go. Even w/o compliments, it's so fn beautiful, I still can't get over it. Never been so in love w a sedan's cosmetics before
- Tech is still pretty serviceable and not outdated. Drove a '17 540i the other day w all the goodies and the only thing I missed was the wireless cell phone charging
- Power & mods. More than enough in stock form and mods are relatively cheap (love this about Bimmers vs. AMG)
- Suspension is great even though it's a plumper, mostly predictable and has good feel

Cons:
- Absolutely pathetic that a $140K+ MSRP car doesn't have an auto close trunk lid
- Traction issues inherent w this much HP going to RWD only
- Stock exhaust, even w CP, is kinda lame. It sounds so weak it's almost like you need catless DPs or an aftermarket exhaust at least to match the rest of the car's specs
- It's big. There's no getting around the size, it will take time to get used to. My E63 never felt this big.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2017, 01:42 AM   #3
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

IMO M6 Coupe is the best looking BMW ever made. It's powerful and fun to drive. Let me tell you this way: After driving M4 for 10 months, I miss my M6 every single day. The only reason I don't want to get another M6 is because I was with this body (F13) for 5 years and am waiting for new generation of M6 (or M8) to get that car.

Pros: Beautiful, Powerful, fast and high quality.
Great engine, transmission(DCT), suspension and Active M Differential
Top of the BMW lineup!

Cons: Big, heavy (as an M car) and has no enough room on back seat. In fact M4 has more room than M6.
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0