BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

09-11-2014, 11:10 PM   #23
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC,'08 M5,'14 958 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
C, didn't know your barrels were 12s that's awesome to know cause I'm wondering if you've had any issues with rubbing the fender or with the inner barrel knocking on your suspension. These are some of the things I'm concerned about when my wheels finally get here.
It's interesting, as the lips on my wheels look almost aligned with the edge of the well (when viewing directly from behind and overhead), which has me concerned, because if I lowered it with the KW sleeve kit, I'd have to believe the 325 tires would rub. However, DPE said they wouldn't. Worse case scenario, just switch the tires to 305's in the rear and you'll have a little bit of stretched look like I do, which really isn't that bad (nobody notices, but of course, I do). I will tell you this though -- on my E60 M5, DPE built a new set of 20" wheels for me and said I could do 295's. I have the car lowered on KW V3's and the car rubbed really bad, so I was forced to go back to 285's in the rear. My old wheels were 20" Radenergie R10's and I never had any rubbing issues with these wheels (no spacers or anything in the rear -- it was a clean fit) and had that car lowered to just above the tire walls. Never had a single issue on any bumps or hard turns. Just be really careful, as you don't want the part where the rear bumper meets the wheel well to get pulled when you're driving. Maybe raise your car a bit when the new wheels are mounted, just to make sure it's safe? That's what I did on the M5 when I got the new wheels. Keep me posted, once you get the wheels mounted. Really curious to see how it works out for you.

Current Garage:
*2015 Singapore Grey F06 M6 Gran Coupe (The Beast)
*2014 Black Cayenne GTS 958 (Wife & Kids Beast)
*2008 Imola Red E60 M5 (My Other Beast)
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2014, 11:13 PM   #24
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC,'08 M5,'14 958 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
C, didn't know your barrels were 12s that's awesome to know cause I'm wondering if you've had any issues with rubbing the fender or with the inner barrel knocking on your suspension. These are some of the things I'm concerned about when my wheels finally get here.
It's interesting, as the lips on my wheels look almost aligned with the edge of the well (when viewing directly from behind and overhead), which has me concerned, because if I lowered it with the KW sleeve kit, I'd have to believe the 325 tires would rub. However, DPE said they wouldn't. Worse case scenario, just switch the tires to 305's in the rear and you'll have a little bit of stretched look like I do, which really isn't that bad (nobody notices, but of course, I do). I will tell you this though -- on my E60 M5, DPE built a new set of wheels for me and said I could do 295's. I have the car lowered on KW V3's and the car rubbed really bad, so I was forced to go back to 285's in the rear. My old wheels were Radenergie R10's and I never had any rubbing issues with these wheels (no spacers or anything in the rear -- it was a clean fit) and had that car lowered to just above the tire walls. Never had a single issue on any bumps or hard turns. Just be really careful, as you don't want the part where the rear bumper meets the wheel well to get pulled when you're driving. Maybe raise your car a bit when the new wheels are mounted, just to make sure it's safe? That's what I did on the M5 when I got the new wheels. Keep me posted, once you get the wheels mounted. Really curious to see how it works out for you.

As for rubbing on the inside on the 21" wheels on the M6, it's totally fine -- no issues there. I made sure of that when they had the car up and the wheels were mounted. We checked very carefully and it was clear on the inside and of the suspension. My main concern was the outside, since I was very close to pulling the trigger on the sleeve over kit -- it's the main reason I haven't purchased it yet. I don't want any issues like I had with the M5.

Current Garage:
*2015 Singapore Grey F06 M6 Gran Coupe (The Beast)
*2014 Black Cayenne GTS 958 (Wife & Kids Beast)
*2008 Imola Red E60 M5 (My Other Beast)
Appreciate 0