BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

12-24-2023, 04:04 PM   #1
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
I just got my car back from Midnite Tuning for my Sales@RKautowerks forged engine swap. The car is running great and after giving the car a nice soapy good time and some clay bar action; I finally got to put these in I bought these back in May and they arrived in July right after the incident with my engine.

The mirror caps were an easy swap and nice fitment.
Attached Images

2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 1
DRKNTM615.50
      12-26-2023, 02:33 AM   #2
FlyinLowSD
Tinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 640i GC,1994 300ZX MT 2+2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinCanSailor View Post
I just got my car back from Midnite Tuning for my Sales@RKautowerks forged engine swap. The car is running great and after giving the car a nice soapy good time and some clay bar action; I finally got to put these in I bought these back in May and they arrived in July right after the incident with my engine.

The mirror caps were an easy swap and nice fitment.
Welcome home and Merry Christmas [Shipmate]! Hey you’re not kidding that is nice fitment. Good look/unique! Well, let us know how the ride is after all the work this year. Almost to where I can keep my eyes peeled once again for one…
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2023, 09:14 AM   #3
JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
I put them on my M6 too recently, well, had them installed while she was in for service. Tech was happy with the fit and finish and seems very high quality. My old "CF" mirror caps lost their clearcoat in a matter of months and has popped off in the touchless car wash from the dryer twice, plus it had a horrendous whistling noise over 60mph. These were well worth the money.
Vorsteiner VFF-103 Carbon Graphite 343M dimensions • H&R Lowering Springs • Soul PP Resonated Muffler Delete • AeroFunction AF-1 Carbon Front Lip • Carbon Front Grilles • Carbon Mirror Caps • IND Black Fender Vents
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2023, 09:48 PM   #4
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMSteven View Post
I put them on my M6 too recently, well, had them installed while she was in for service. Tech was happy with the fit and finish and seems very high quality. My old "CF" mirror caps lost their clearcoat in a matter of months and has popped off in the touchless car wash from the dryer twice, plus it had a horrendous whistling noise over 60mph. These were well worth the money.
These things are so so smooth. A subtle change but very striking when ya see em.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vis, CCB, RKAutowerks (CP Rods/Pistons, DI Cams, CF Intakes, Coated DP's & Billet Diff Brace), InfinityAuto Turbo Inlets, Mishi Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3, BM S3
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 04:26 PM   #5
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
1 month follow up. The lines and fitment are still great but the left mirror cap developed a loud whistle. I worked with IND one the issue and they coordinated a replacement. I can't say enough good things for their support. Prompt, professional, helpful!

The new cap arrived very quickly and I have removed and replaced and test drove with it on. The fit was much improved with this cap, not that the other was bad, but that said the whistle remained although in a slightly lower decibel than the first.

To fix the whistle I removed the replacement cap and taped along the outer lip and along the edge of the tabs. I think popped the cork on a new tube of of Permatex Ultra Black Gasket Maker 82180. I made a about a 1/8ths inch bead along the top edge all the way down to the way from the top left to the top right. I allowed it to cure in the sun for about an hour. I then reinstalled and went out to this street in Mexico to test for the whistle.

I am happy to report that the problem has been resolved and nothing can be seen from the outside.

Knowing what I know now I'd still buy the product but would install the permatex before doing the install on the car.
Appreciate 1
      01-30-2024, 06:52 PM   #6
Chilldontsice
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F06 MG GC

Thanks a lot OP, I purchased the same CF caps and the whistling was driving me insane. I made sure it was snug and all but still would wistle. I’ll purchase this product and give it a try
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2024, 06:57 PM   #7
TinCanSailor
Rep

Garage List
They permitted my honest from the heart review. The folks at IND were great advocates through the support portion so either of these folks are trusted sources as far as I am concerned.

https://autotecknic.com/products/aut...f06-f12-f13-m6
Appreciate 0