BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-24-2014, 09:39 PM   #45
KWK
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 Coupe

Again, I have all your performance upgrades plus my AMS downpipe is catless so should add some HP, and with my math (I'm good in math), my car has MAX 620HP.

Sure, I don't have this MBS tune that no one else on the globe that frequents this forum has ever heard of, but there is no way on earth this $500 tune can add 200+ HP to my car. And without proof, you're making yourself look incredibly silly, and taking away from a lot of the great mods you've copied and purchased so far based on others before you from this site.

And please, in terms of priority, before you spend money on bigger turbos or manifolds, first get rid of that disgusting and very doushy vanity license plate, lower the car, and get some nicer wheels for the summer.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 09:46 PM   #46
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Guys. Let's not get carried away with tunes. We all know if any tune was out that legitimately made 800hp we all would know about it. No point in going back and fourth debating. We will see come spring time. Average HP/TQ @ the wheels for modded/tuned F13's is roughly 650's. Congrats on the build and for trying out this tune. We shall see what it puts down when spring comes. Be safe and enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 11:45 PM   #47
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 (Fully Modded)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKABBA View Post
Again, I have all your performance upgrades plus my AMS downpipe is catless so should add some HP, and with my math (I'm good in math), my car has MAX 620HP.

Sure, I don't have this MBS tune that no one else on the globe that frequents this forum has ever heard of, but there is no way on earth this $500 tune can add 200+ HP to my car. And without proof, you're making yourself look incredibly silly, and taking away from a lot of the great mods you've copied and purchased so far based on others before you from this site.

And please, in terms of priority, before you spend money on bigger turbos or manifolds, first get rid of that disgusting and very doushy vanity license plate, lower the car, and get some nicer wheels for the summer.
Chill out grandpa, it's just a car... Maybe you should get a nicer plate number, it will add you 200+ HP

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel.

Last edited by mr-karim; 01-24-2014 at 11:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 06:12 AM   #48
PatrikG
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

That color looks really cool in the sun!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 04:57 PM   #49
MJones3
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: RWD

Quote:
And without proof, you're making yourself look incredibly silly, and taking away from a lot of the great mods you've copied and purchased so far based on others before you from this site.

I'd say your making yourself look even more silly by telling someone you don't know what they should do and what they should prioritize when modding their car.
Also, in what way is he "copying" others? Does one have to be the first guy to buy each mod for you to not accuse them for copying others?..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 05:18 PM   #50
KWK
Rep

You're right, preference for mods are very personal - but can we all agree that the vanity plate has to go, even if it produces 200+ HP for Mr. Karim ?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 05:41 PM   #51
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You're right, preference for mods are very personal - but can we all agree that the vanity plate has to go, even if it produces 200+ HP for Mr. Karim ?
I'll stick with MR KARIM unless I become a Doctor some day

Used to be different on my first car, too bad I couldn't add a space between letters and numbers...

"The best things in life are free. The second best are very expensive." - Coco Chanel.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 05:41 PM   #52
Bimmerbum14
Bimmerbum
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 750i Singapore Grey

Quote:
Kaaba - new member welcome committee here.... Why do you join and take nasty shots like this? Just like any mod, a vanity plate is a personal preference. Mr. Karim may or may not have gotten ideas here but I did for sure and proudly "copied" him and others to create my dream car and enjoy sharing and hearing the folks here opinions and ideas. If you personally don't like something that's cool and you should say it's not your preference, but no need to hammer someone because they have something you, in your obvious, infinite wisdom, don't like. Welcome aboard.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #53
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerbum14 View Post
Kaaba - new member welcome committee here.... Why do you join and take nasty shots like this? Just like any mod, a vanity plate is a personal preference. Mr. Karim may or may not have gotten ideas here but I did for sure and proudly "copied" him and others to create my dream car and enjoy sharing and hearing the folks here opinions and ideas. If you personally don't like something that's cool and you should say it's not your preference, but no need to hammer someone because they have something you, in your obvious, infinite wisdom, don't like. Welcome aboard.
It's ok to copy, don't need to spend money without knowing exactly what you pay for. I've checked every single thread here on 6post, and copied RichardP's rear diffuser, shifter and 3M after checking his Sakhir Orange GC. Copied the exhaust DP combo from Hunter, after checking out his youtube vids. Before doing other mods, my friend photoshopped a few parts into my car, to see what it will end up looking. The spoiler and mirror caps was the biggest risk for me, wasn't sure at first (considering that the mirror caps are made by an aftermarket company, I'm happy how it turned out).

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 06:01 PM   #54
Bimmerbum14
Bimmerbum
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 750i Singapore Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr-karim View Post
It's ok to copy, don't need to spend money without knowing exactly what you pay for. I've checked every single thread here on 6post, and copied RichardP's rear diffuser, shifter and 3M after checking his Sakhir Orange GC. Copied the exhaust DP combo from Hunter, after checking out his youtube vids. Before doing other mods, my friend photoshopped a few parts into my car, to see what it will end up looking. The spoiler and mirror caps was the biggest risk for me, wasn't sure at first (considering that the mirror caps are made by an aftermarket company, I'm happy how it turned out).
Yeah - what he said,.... Your car is killer....
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #55
quitethesnapper
bimmerlover
Canada
Rep
Drives: the panzer

Imitation is the highest form of flattery. We all come here to admire and inspire each other. Everything else is just noise.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 06:19 PM   #56
KWK
Rep

OK, I admit my post was a rant (no excuse, only 37yrs old) and I had the privilege to get mods done before others because my M6 was one of the early ones.

Mr. Karim, I LOVE what you did with your car, and love the Orange colour (was my first pick but the woman thought it was too showy - compromise was my blue exterior with an orange interior ;0)

Only thing that truly bothered me were your HP claims, and the vanity plate (yes, that too is a personal choice). Its easy to get excited and carried away with new mods with nominal back-up, but on such a sophisticated forum as this one, you need real back-up (don't think I'm the first to point this out to you).

I too, look forward to your dino runs to see if the $500 tune and the fancy plate are worth it
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #57
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
OK, I admit my post was a rant (no excuse, only 37yrs old) and I had the privilege to get mods done before others because my M6 was one of the early ones.

Mr. Karim, I LOVE what you did with your car, and love the Orange colour (was my first pick but the woman thought it was too showy - compromise was my blue exterior with an orange interior ;0)

Only thing that truly bothered me were your HP claims, and the vanity plate (yes, that too is a personal choice). Its easy to get excited and carried away with new mods with nominal back-up, but on such a sophisticated forum as this one, you need real back-up (don't think I'm the first to point this out to you).

I too, look forward to your dino runs to see if the $500 tune and the fancy plate are worth it
Plate number "EARLY M6" is free

My first pick was the alpine white, but I decided to go with something different this time.

$500 is worth it, and here is why:
I used to own f01 750xi, got a $20,000 Dinan stage 5 (ECU, exhaust, inter coolers, intake). Later, I dynoed my car, 416 WHP is all I had on my 7, after 5 expensive stages. My friend had a BMS stage 1 installed on his 750 (just a piggyback, and stock parts), he got 436 whp as a result with no issues! (I had lots of drivetrain malfunction issues after).
BMS costed around $350 back then, so he really saved a lot..
$20,000 = 416whp
$350 = 436whp

I admire BMS since then

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 11:17 PM   #58
Hunter5179
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Plate number "EARLY M6" is free

My first pick was the alpine white, but I decided to go with something different this time.

$500 is worth it, and here is why:
I used to own f01 750xi, got a $20,000 Dinan stage 5 (ECU, exhaust, inter coolers, intake). Later, I dynoed my car, 416 WHP is all I had on my 7, after 5 expensive stages. My friend had a BMS stage 1 installed on his 750 (just a piggyback, and stock parts), he got 436 whp as a result with no issues! (I had lots of drivetrain malfunction issues after).
BMS costed around $350 back then, so he really saved a lot..
$20,000 = 416whp
$350 = 436whp

I admire BMS since then

+ 1 on Dinan. It's a joke for the money and yeah blah blah warranty.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 11:49 PM   #59
WhyGeeGee
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC , 2016 X5M

Great looking car but I thought you can't get black grills with night vision, guess I better call my supplier.
      01-26-2014, 12:18 AM   #60
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyGeeGee View Post
Great looking car but I thought you can't get black grills with night vision, guess I better call my supplier.
http://ind-distribution.com/ind/brands/ind/f1x-m6-gloss-black-front-grille-set
night vision option +$35
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 12:20 AM   #61
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter5179 View Post
+ 1 on Dinan. It's a joke for the money and yeah blah blah warranty.
I still keep my warranty with BMS. I will get Dinan's ECU if they find a way to unlock the top speed governor on s63tu.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 09:54 AM   #62
Tuskir
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 CP

The warranty issue with BMS is a grey area. Yes you can take the harness off when you go to dealer, but they will still see that higher than normal boost levels which are stored in the ecu. But from what I've read thus far, nobody has ever had any engine issues with BMS tunes.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 10:01 AM   #63
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
I still keep my warranty with BMS. I will get Dinan's ECU if they find a way to unlock the top speed governor on s63tu.
Hey to all!

That dyno that's posted is my personal car. Mods are catless DPs, stock intake except for K&N filters carbon filter delete, RPi ram air scoops, stock exhaust except for muffler delete and BMS tune. I can say the car is a beast and you can see some of my videos to prove it and track times on M5 board. "ttm6"
That dyno is claimed to show slightly lower numbers than most dyno jets but in reality helps me keep up with new mods and gains.

Just letting you guys know Terry from Burger tuining just bought a F10 M5 for future tuning options so be ready to get some great performance gains.
Im the first to ever use the JB3 for the M6 since I've bought my car and plenty of miles of street races, drag time races and smoking lots of competition proven videos"

How many can burn third gear rolling at 45mph with 305's in the back? Now I have drag radials for racing Toyo R888's best tire in the world. I have no more traction until I'm cruising with these bad boys.

Dyno Car in fourth gear at 65 mph is pushing 615 peak torque at the wheels at 3200 rpm.
Any way good luck to all and keep it coming. Congrats to your new ride and nice mods.
G
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2014, 10:23 AM   #64
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
Hey to all!

That dyno that's posted is my personal car. Mods are catless DPs, stock intake except for K&N filters carbon filter delete, RPi ram air scoops, stock exhaust except for muffler delete and BMS tune. I can say the car is a beast and you can see some of my videos to prove it and track times on M5 board. "ttm6"
That dyno is claimed to show slightly lower numbers than most dyno jets but in reality helps me keep up with new mods and gains.

Just letting you guys know Terry from Burger tuining just bought a F10 M5 for future tuning options so be ready to get some great performance gains.
Im the first to ever use the JB3 for the M6 since I've bought my car and plenty of miles of street races, drag time races and smoking lots of competition proven videos"

How many can burn third gear rolling at 45mph with 305's in the back? Now I have drag radials for racing Toyo R888's best tire in the world. I have no more traction until I'm cruising with these bad boys.

Dyno Car in fourth gear at 65 mph is pushing 615 peak torque at the wheels at 3200 rpm.
Any way good luck to all and keep it coming. Congrats to your new ride and nice mods.
G
The legend showed up

Quote:
The warranty issue with BMS is a grey area. Yes you can take the harness off when you go to dealer, but they will still see that higher than normal boost levels which are stored in the ecu. But from what I've read thus far, nobody has ever had any engine issues with BMS tunes.
Haha, my local BMW dealership installed BMS for me I'd never try to hide it from them, we're in a good relationship; that's why I asked about the warranty before letting them install it.

Last edited by mr-karim; 01-26-2014 at 04:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 12:49 AM   #65
LSM
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 Porsche 911 GTS Cab

Hard to argue $500 and documented HP/Torque gains....Very Tempting. As I've said before love the mods and love the plate!!
      01-27-2014, 01:00 PM   #66
mr-karim
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Hard to argue $500 and documented HP/Torque gains....Very Tempting. As I've said before love the mods and love the plate!!
I'd do a few Vbox 0-60, 1/4 reviews with my m6, but it's too cold out, + too much snow. For now I can only feel the difference under the foot.

Appreciate 0