BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

05-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #1
RDT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640d M Sport convertible

Well she's arrived..

Delighted to report I collected my carbon black 640d M Sport convertible yesterday afternoon. First impressions on arrival were great. Loved the exterior colour, loved the ivory leather. My anxiety was around the wheels, I'd opted for the 19s” but they look great. Also a little concerned as I'd gone for the American Oak rather than the brushed aluminum, and had not seen a 'live' example. But the oak and the ivory work really well together and create a wonderfully luxurious feeling inside.

As I drove off it felt SO VERY different to my XKR convertible. By comparrison the 6 feels like you're sitting in the cockpit of a 747. The dash is huge and packed with gadgets. I was in a bit of a rush so decided to just drive it and think about all the IT another day. Cruised home slowly as my wife was behind and it felt great. Quiet, smooth, very composed. The ride is supreme, no issues around run flats and I'm telling myself the slightly smaller wheels are helping too.

An hour later I took it down to show a friend who lives 25 miles away and drives a new Panamera 4s. I got my seat settings adjusted, dropped it into Sport mode, selected a 70’s channel on the DAB and let rip. OMG what a spectacular car. Words fail me. BMW's advertising line does it for me. JOY.

Interestingly the Jaguar felt quite casual (jeans and leather jacket kind of car) the 6 feels much more business like. And as I'm in business that has to be a good thing. The next three years are going to be tough at work, so having this on the drive every morning is going to be a great way to start the day.

My pal Chris with the Panamera jumped into the 6 and took it for a spin. His jaw dropped as soon as he got in, and as he put his foot down and heard the wonderful growl of the diesel engine and the tremendous thrust, he was speechless. 20 minutes later he was talking about selling the Porsche and getting a 6. And he was deadly serious. That says it all.

Here's a quick snap from the iPhone. I'll try to take a few more over the weekend.
Attached Images

Last edited by RDT; 05-05-2012 at 02:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Congrats!
I am sure the 40d feels strong as a bear. The diesel characteristics would probably fit perfect in this country with a lot of mountain climbing and sharp turns. Well, my 40i is perfect too......
Have fun

(I don't know if you can upload pics from your iPad or phone, but it is easy on your computer)
      05-05-2012, 07:52 AM   #3
RPB1
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 6 Series 640d MSport

Looks superb! Keep us posted please I'm very envious as lots of UK 6er deliveries seem to be coming through ……….expect mine
      05-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
Harveyten
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 coupe

Fabulous! classy combo which looks amazing. This is the only other combo I considered,but I already have it on my X5. I look forward to seeing some more photos, enjoy.

2014 M6 Coupe & 2013 X6 4.0d M Sport
Previous
2012 640d M Sport Convertible,2011-X5 4.0d M Sport,535d M Sport, 2010-M3,2009 335D M Sport, 2008 M3, 2006 X5 Le Mans, 2004 Z4 3.0, 323i first Luv
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

congrats, m-sport ftw!!!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2012, 03:57 AM   #6
RDT
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640d M Sport convertible

Sorry for the delay in getting a few more pics up. Weather has been lousy, but here goes, albeit not very clean. One in my underground car park at the office where she sits quietly most days, plus a rear and interior shot. I've ordered some black mats.

Let me know if you want to see anything else. I'll get a few with the roof down as soon as the sun shines.
Attached Images

Last edited by RDT; 05-09-2012 at 11:40 AM..
Appreciate 0