BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

01-22-2011, 07:02 PM   #23
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

i realllly don't see why it's a damn softtop though
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 12:36 AM   #24
Usef_Afande
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

I thought the 3 series coupe had enough space in the back compared to all other coupes

Quote:
Originally Posted by koreez88 View Post
A huge improvement over the old 6-series in terms of cosmetics. The Gauge Cluster is now lit in white/blue? Nice!

BMW's were never known for spacious back seats (except probably 7-series), so no surprises here.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 05:53 AM   #25
Jon D
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2022 840d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdardashti View Post
I actually don't like the new white gauges. The BMW orange was designed in that specific colour for a reason. It's the only colour in the world, that regardless of brightness, will not adjust your eyes to itself in an otherwise dark scene, which obviously minimizes eyestrain. With the new white gauges, your eyes will adjust to the light from the cluster, which makes you see less of the darkness. This only matters if you are in a pitch black area without street lights, though.

But I've heard that the gauges turn orange in darkness. Is that true?
I agree, but it will be fine if they revert to orange at night and even better if they can be dimmed with a simple thumbwheel like my F10.
We get a lot of pitch black, unlit roads up here in Scotland and the dimmable orange instrument lights combined with adaptive headlights and the ability to switch off the nav screen make for great driving at night.
I like the look of the convertible, but I'm really looking forward to seeing the coupé, especially in M Sport guise.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #26
Blofelds_cat
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: April '11 sDrive 18

I hope the new 6 series design will not be a basis for new models - for me the car looks too simple. And I hope white gauges are for daytime and BMW will keep their orange color for the night. Some things should remain unchanged, otherwise you may loose your identity, and new 6 for me is a big step in this direction
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 09:24 AM   #27
cukoodukoo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 GTS

Shark nose? Looks like a Fat clumsy great white.The interiors are stunning.The exterior though not horrid is a let down.Going by their trend soon cars might need 6 wheels.

[img]http://whitemike.org/mike/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/The-Great-White-Shark.jpg[img]

Last edited by cukoodukoo; 01-23-2011 at 09:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #28
cukoodukoo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 GTS

Shark nose? Looks like a Fat clumsy great white.The interiors are stunning.The exterior though not horrid is a let down.Going by their trend soon cars might need 6 wheels.
Appreciate 0