BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

06-12-2023, 08:13 AM   #1
jokie
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 640d LCI

Telephone sound & Sat Nav Speach lost 640d lci

Hi Guys,

Just joined forum,, My 640d 2015 LCi has lost the sound from the telephone and the sat nav speech.

The phone is connected via bluetooth, I cannot hear callers, ring tone but the people on the receiving end can hear me Ok. The volume indicator is showing past the halfway mark on the sat nav volume bar and the repeat voice command doesn't work.

Can you advise if this has happened to your cars and what possible solutions there are.

I heard of combox issues, amplifier issues but I don't know where these are located and or how to test them.

I have the laptop software so if anyone can advise please do.

I'd really appreciate it if you could hold back on the funny comments that often accompanies some suggestions as I'd really like to focus on fixing this annoying issue.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2023, 09:42 AM   #2
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Just to verify...to turn up (or turn down) the volume of a call...you have to be speaking to someone. The VOL knob doesn't work to raise/lower the call volume unless someone is on the phone. Have you turned up the volume when you have a caller on the line?

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2023, 05:21 PM   #3
jokie
Registered
Rep

Hi,

Thanks for response, No I've not turned the volume up when someone is on the phone, however the sat nav voice instructions are not working either even when I press the repeat instruction using the idrive wheel..

I understood these two systems are related/linked? is this not the case?

Thanks
Jokie.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2023, 11:16 AM   #4
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Yes, both the phone and navigation voice requires the speaker to be actively speaking if you want to adjust the volume.

If you adjust the Volume when no one is speaking on the phone or the nav voice is silent...then the system reverts back to ENTERTAINMENT volume adjustment. I believe the volume pop-up also indicates what system is being adjusted (entertainment, navigation, telephone).

In the pic below...you can also see the VOL icon to the left of the adjustable scale...does your VOL icon have a line through it (when either connected to a phone call or during nav instructions) that would indicate the volume is in MUTE mode? If yes, then press the VOL knob inward which will deactivate MUTE.
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2023, 01:14 PM   #5
jokie
Registered
Rep

Thanks very much for your great replies,,I've just seen them, I will give it a go and let you know how I get on.. I've had a go with the insta software which shows the asd module is not able to be communicated with and is showing as "red" on the fault trees..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2023, 05:07 PM   #6
FlyinLowSD
Tinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 640i GC,1994 300ZX MT 2+2

I have noticed that I have to have my phone volume up for a conversation, even when it is linked through iDrive.
Appreciate 0