BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-26-2016, 06:40 PM   #1
jodhus
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 640i

New owner of a 2013 640i

M Package. Purchased it with 19k miles. Absolutely love this car.

I read different threads about what coding can and can't do.

I was wondering if I can code my car to unlock some executive package features such as lane departure warning.

Couple of questions

1. When I try to park my car, the front sensors do not "go off". It only works when I put the car in reverse. Is this normal?

2. When I put the car in reverse, the screen shows that camera is flicking up and down and up and down for about 5 seconds before it "settles" and focuses. This issue intermittent. Is this normal?

3. In sport mode, as I turn, when I step on the gas, the engine jerks quite noticeably. Is this normal?

As you can see, I'm a total noob. I just fell in love with the looks of the car but wanted to know if some of these phenomenons were normal or not...

I also want to upgrade the car a bit. I would like the back to look a bit sportier. Changing the exhaust, adding a spoiler, and upgrading breaks sounds like a good start. Can you guys point me in the right direction?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 06:29 AM   #2
Walt White Coupe
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 650ix Coupe, 23 C8 Vette

Suggest you delete this duplicate post.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2016, 04:02 PM   #3
Brazz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Garage List
2014 640i GC  [0.00]
1. They engage when in reverse or pushing the parking sensor button by the gear shift

2. Not normal. Dealer issue.

3. Engine jerks??? Be more specific. You should notice a significant difference in the torque.

There are a lot of threads regarding upgrades. Congratulations and safe driving!!!
Appreciate 0