BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      10-15-2013, 04:41 PM   #1
Krash7172
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e, 2020 X4

Internet

I have found very little information on the Internet capabilities. Is this new to 2014? My dealer couldn't even answer any questions.

Pandora. In theory, we should be able to stream music directly from Pandora.com (without wasting our phone batteries and data plans). I opened some web pages with audio and it worked. I can load Pandora.com but it says a later version of Flash Player is required. I made sure flash player was enabled and tried to install a later version but it did not work. Not even sure this is possible.

Some basic sites load well like google.com but mixed results overall.

It did view PDF files.

I wonder if you can send information directly to the car like a phone. Links, addresses, images, etc. It uses a cellular connection just like a phone. Every phone has a unique email address. For example, xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net (x's equal the phone number). Emails to that address will show up as txt messages on the phone.
Appreciate 0