BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      07-08-2016, 11:40 PM   #1
VegasEgg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Hello everyone! I picked up my new (to me) '14 640iGC this afternoon and wanted to introduce myself to the board. I'm loving the car so far but it definitely needs a boost in the power department. I'm considering going the JB4 route as of now unless I should look at something else...I'm open to suggestions. I'd also like to upgrade the audio but it doesn't look like BSW makes a stage 1 kit for this car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-09-2016, 02:35 PM   #2
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d M Sport

Hey welcome to the group
Nice looking beast
I guess you are from the states? I bet it's very cheap to run the diesel out there? Heard some good things about the jb4 but wasn't sure they did it for diesels here in England so I went for a custom remap on mine. Transformed it totally and also get better mpg on longer runs which is good.
      07-09-2016, 06:39 PM   #3
VegasEgg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandanbmw
Hey welcome to the group
Nice looking beast
I guess you are from the states? I bet it's very cheap to run the diesel out there? Heard some good things about the jb4 but wasn't sure they did it for diesels here in England so I went for a custom remap on mine. Transformed it totally and also get better mpg on longer runs which is good.
Thanks! Yes, I live in Vegas. It's actually a 640i not the diesel engine. I wish they had the 640d out here.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2016, 04:22 PM   #4
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasEgg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandanbmw
Hey welcome to the group
Nice looking beast
Thanks! Yes, I live in Vegas. It's actually a 640i not the diesel engine. I wish they had the 640d out here.
Sorry buddy my bad read it too quick lol
I understand more about the jb4 now haha. It has the 335i engine doesn't it? Lots of tuning potential with that engine