BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      09-26-2014, 07:24 PM   #1
L2Fly
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13

Problems With New Springs?

Hey, guys. A couple of weeks ago, I ordered Eibach Prokit springs for the car, and they should be here tomorrow. I want these on as soon as possible, but I'm being told that these will cause significant mechanical problems for the car and that BMW will give us hassle when the lease is up, even if we put the stock springs back on. Has anyone experienced such issues?

Thanks y'all.

Add-on Edit: I have been reading this forum for a while now and have never seen any problems with installing a set of new springs other than some loss of comfort, about which I couldn't care less.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 11:33 PM   #2
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

You won't have any issues if you return it to stock when you give it back, it's just a gamble depending on how anal the dealership is. Did you do research on the springs? I am not 100% sure Eibach wll even lower your car if you have the M-sport package. I went with H&R and it gave me the perfect drop. You might want to find out and return them for a set of H&R's, they are always favored over Eibach on BMW's
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 11:51 AM   #3
L2Fly
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit View Post
You won't have any issues if you return it to stock when you give it back, it's just a gamble depending on how anal the dealership is. Did you do research on the springs? I am not 100% sure Eibach wll even lower your car if you have the M-sport package. I went with H&R and it gave me the perfect drop. You might want to find out and return them for a set of H&R's, they are always favored over Eibach on BMW's
That's what I'm saying. Why should they care if it can be easily reverted back to stock? And yes, I researched them. H&R's don't give that dramatic of a drop, whereas the Eibach should give about an inch in the front and .8 of an inch in the back.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #4
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2Fly View Post
That's what I'm saying. Why should they care if it can be easily reverted back to stock? And yes, I researched them. H&R's don't give that dramatic of a drop, whereas the Eibach should give about an inch in the front and .8 of an inch in the back.
I think that measurement of the inch is for cars without the M-Sport package is what Eibach had told me when I called them, if you have M-Sport the car already comes lower from what I understand and then the H&R's lower about .25" in the front and .5" in the rear. The Eibach rep had told me that if i have the M-sport it may not lower the car at all, just stiffen it up and that makes sense because there is no Sportline kit for the F12/13 from Eibach and H&R usually lowers more than Eibach does. Here's my car still, and then running through the canyons, I can see why H&R didn't want to lower the front more than .25" on the front, and I'm on 40 series fronts and 35 series rear tires, a step up from the 35 front, 30 rear OEM set up and it fills in the fender gap.

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
L2Fly
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think that measurement of the inch is for cars without the M-Sport package is what Eibach had told me when I called them, if you have M-Sport the car already comes lower from what I understand and then the H&R's lower about .25" in the front and .5" in the rear. The Eibach rep had told me that if i have the M-sport it may not lower the car at all, just stiffen it up and that makes sense because there is no Sportline kit for the F12/13 from Eibach and H&R usually lowers more than Eibach does. Here's my car still, and then running through the canyons, I can see why H&R didn't want to lower the front more than .25" on the front, and I'm on 40 series fronts and 35 series rear tires, a step up from the 35 front, 30 rear OEM set up and it fills in the fender gap.

I'll check with em on Monday... But that's besides the fact. I'm being told that installing new springs is going to ruin the adaptive drive and the stability control, which I've never heard once when installing any new springs.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 08:45 PM   #6
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2Fly View Post
I'll check with em on Monday... But that's besides the fact. I'm being told that installing new springs is going to ruin the adaptive drive and the stability control, which I've never heard once when installing any new springs.
Didn't do anything negative to my car in any way. I have the EDC/M-Sport and everything has been working as it should.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2014, 09:45 PM   #7
L2Fly
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Didn't do anything negative to my car in any way. I have the EDC/M-Sport and everything has been working as it should.
That's what I thought. I appreciate the input!
Appreciate 0