BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
bradh2238
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X6 M

Fixed but Not Fixed ......HELP!!

Anyone ever had to deal with this? My car was in the shop for 28 days and now I finally have it back. There was so much paperwork, they had to summarize it down and mail it to me. Every service person at the dealership warned me that the car still had problems, but they had done everything they could do. Essentially the summary was, you can drive it, but it is not fixed. One service manager even gave me their cell phone in case the car breaks down in the middle of the night. So, finally the paperwork came and it states I was informed of the problem, acknowledged the issue, and told them to give me my car back. It also failed to note the 120 miles they drove in it. My car has been submitted to get replaced, but until someone approves, there are no guarantees. The dealership will not fix the faulty notes, and I am concerned BMWUSA will see these notes and refuse to take it back. Any suggestions???
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
itinj6
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradh2238
Anyone ever had to deal with this? My car was in the shop for 28 days and now I finally have it back. There was so much paperwork, they had to summarize it down and mail it to me. Every service person at the dealership warned me that the car still had problems, but they had done everything they could do. Essentially the summary was, you can drive it, but it is not fixed. One service manager even gave me their cell phone in case the car breaks down in the middle of the night. So, finally the paperwork came and it states I was informed of the problem, acknowledged the issue, and told them to give me my car back. It also failed to note the 120 miles they drove in it. My car has been submitted to get replaced, but until someone approves, there are no guarantees. The dealership will not fix the faulty notes, and I am concerned BMWUSA will see these notes and refuse to take it back. Any suggestions???
What was the problem with the car?

I had a Steering problem in mine. It was in the shop three times for the same issue and for 20 consecutive days. They tried a few different things ans even replaced the steering rack. BMW took the car back on a trade assist. They even offered. I didn't have to ask for it. They gave me mine to drive while awaiting my custom order. It seemed to be fine since they replaced the rack.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
bradh2238
Private First Class
Rep

The problem relates to the electrical system. First it caused a fuel system malfunction, so they replaced basically to whole fuel system. Then they replaced the computer system. Whatever is wrong is causing to amps and volts to be about double where there should be. I have no idea the effect of this, but it seems to have the service department pretty worried, which scares the crap out of me.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
6sickseries
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650 2012

I had the same problem and they are giving me a new car idk why they won't give u a new one u should get a lawyer lemon law they have to take ur car back
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
bradh2238
Private First Class
Rep

The are supposed to tell me this week. It's been a slow process getting a response from BMW USA. If they don't, I'm going to get a lawyer. I still can't believe they gave it back to me twice, with the paperwork actually stating it was not repaired. It is literally like they kicked the car out of the dealership so it wouldn't keep running up time towards the 40 days required by the lemon law. I'm only at 28 days. If they don't agree to replace it, I guess I'll just have to take it back and refuse to accept it until it is totally fixed.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 02:56 PM   #6
itinj6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The are supposed to tell me this week. It's been a slow process getting a response from BMW USA. If they don't, I'm going to get a lawyer. I still can't believe they gave it back to me twice, with the paperwork actually stating it was not repaired. It is literally like they kicked the car out of the dealership so it wouldn't keep running up time towards the 40 days required by the lemon law. I'm only at 28 days. If they don't agree to replace it, I guess I'll just have to take it back and refuse to accept it until it is totally fixed.
Yup. I would leave it there and if its a lease, I would refuse to pay for the time it was in Service and the extra miles put on by them.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #7
bradh2238
Private First Class
Rep

Not a lease. I wonder if anyone on here has gotten anything back that was not on a lease. It seems the write one check method with BMW has a number of downsides.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 10:56 PM   #8
6sickseries
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 650 2012

I finance mine and they are gettin me a we car I guess the dealer has a lot to do with it cuz they should push it cuz they gonna lose u as a costumer
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
bradh2238
Private First Class
Rep

Broken Again

Had to update this thread. It's official. I have yet another problem and she's back in the shop. This time it is a chassis malfunction of some sort. No idea what that is, but the screen said to head straight to the nearest service center. Now sadly I am driving a 328i as a loaner (but at least it has satellite radio and heads up display).
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #10
itinj6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Had to update this thread. It's official. I have yet another problem and she's back in the shop. This time it is a chassis malfunction of some sort. No idea what that is, but the screen said to head straight to the nearest service center. Now sadly I am driving a 328i as a loaner (but at least it has satellite radio and heads up display).
This is ridiculous.

Im sorry for your troubles. They should get you into a new car already.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #11
elias
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

I would've never taken the car back in the first place, either fix it or give me a new car, if not, we will see you in court. This is not acceptable my no means
you guys built this car and you can't fix it, what are you supposed to do now!
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #12
itinj6
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elias
I would've never taken the car back in the first place, either fix it or give me a new car, if not, we will see you in court. This is not acceptable my no means
you guys built this car and you can't fix it, what are you supposed to do now!
Yup...

Before I met my wife, she told me that she had an E92 335i that gave her a repeated steering problems. Once it happened while she was driving and almost crashed. She had it towed to BMW Service, dropped the keys on the Service Managers desk and said that she's not taking it back, period! They got her in a new car soon after. That was a lease but if you can somehow prove that yours causes safety concerns, it may work.
Appreciate 0