BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

06-23-2010, 06:38 AM   #1
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
New video of the upcoming BMW 6-Series Cabriolet (F13)

The next generation BMW 6-Series (designated as F12 for the Coupe and F13 for the Cabriolet editions) has been ramping up its facetime with the cameras. Thankfully, so far the car has been absolutely stunning from any angle its been photographed at so far, but don't take my word for it, you can see all the photos in our on-going coverage of the car: http://www.bimmerpost.com/6-series.

Just to re-cap the all new 6-Series is said to arrive officially sometime in 2011 as a 2012 model with some believing we could see it at the upcoming Paris Autoshow. Most likely the coupe and cabrio would be revealed at the same time or in very short succession. The engine lineup will likely mirror the current F10 5-Series with a range topping twin turbo V8 and use of EfficientDynamics.

This video is short, but its the first video of the recently unclad 6-series and it gives a nice impression of what the car will look like on the roads; its obviously going to turn heads. Take a look for yourself and be the judge.
      06-23-2010, 10:23 AM   #2
SHOWTIME
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i Coupe M-Sport

So it seems like this basically has the boring 7 Series front (headlights, grill, bumper). Now what will happen is most of you aren't going to find the design too interesting at first, but then will force yourselves to like it by saying, "it's growing on me."
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
Oulixes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 330xi, 335i

The car looks well balanced in terms of bringing in some but not too many innovations. The ragtop material is stretched so tight, it looks like metal covered with fabric. It is likely the fabric sandwich that some companies put on their cars.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
Matski
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: A slow BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
So it seems like this basically has the boring 7 Series front (headlights, grill, bumper). Now what will happen is most of you aren't going to find the design too interesting at first, but then will force yourselves to like it by saying, "it's growing on me."
Or, as with all BMW designs, it will look a lot better in the flesh, and because it's a proper good looking dsign, it will age well, rather than getting dull and dated really quick...

... but thanks for you opinion on what we should think, beginning to sound like Autospies around here!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
Alpin3_F30
Euro.Techniks-EAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328i

I still think theres a hardtop under that soft top lol::
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2010, 11:51 AM   #7
Alpin3_F30
Euro.Techniks-EAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME View Post
well as for the headlights its totally different than any other BMW. very unique the way they made the turn signal. but you're right this car is going to grow on everyone once its out and they see the different colors and interior choices.
Appreciate 0