BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      08-29-2017, 03:13 PM   #1
thejsn
Rep
Drives: BMW

Good quality Aftermarket Rims? (Winter rims)

Hello all, I'm a new owner of a 650i Gran Coupe (F06 LCI) and am looking to get a winter tire package for it. I wouldn't mind going official but Unfortunately the official BMW rim's avail this year are not only expensive but extremely Ugly. I've had bad luck in the past with some imitation rims for my 5-series, so I'm looking for some suggestions of Good Quality reliable non-BMW rims to be used for Winter Tires (18") There are so many rim/wheel shops its hard to know which products are good. Any Suggestions?

I'm also in the Greater Toronto Area, so Canadian rim/wheel availability would be great. Also looking for similar weight rims, as I'd hate to add more weight to this car.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 02:34 PM   #2
Rolling
Rep
Drives: 2017 640i GC, 2013 535i

take a look at Tire Rack. They have a good selection tool (wheels/tires), you can view it on your model/color car, and they show the weights of wheels. I have also ordered from my local tire/wheel shop as they matched the price with one of my sets.
I'm a huge proponent of snow tires (won't get into preferences here).

I have BBS wheels on one (somewhat expensive), Sport Edition on another, Rial on the third. I've always gone down an inch in wheel size for winter and for me - they are on for ~3 months.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #3
murph914
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i Convertible

+1 for tire rack. If you are allowing a decent amount of tire side wall your tire package should be significantly less. With more room to absorb impact, and weight being less important in the snow than winter get whatever they have. My last 550i had winters from them and I never regretted. Alternatively, you could get a used set of oems . . . Or replace your summers with new BBS rims and use the old oem for winters.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2017, 03:35 AM   #4
garethm
Banned
Rep
Drives: bmw

Another option for you is to find refurbished OEM wheels on ebay.
Appreciate 0