BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-01-2017, 11:55 PM   #1
clomeli21
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M6 Convertible

CF Exhaust Tips Options / Fitment

I want to do a few appearance mods this month on my:
2016 M6 F12 - Frozen White / Aragon Brown.

One of them being a CF rear diffuser so I am thinking of changing the exhaust tips for a better look. A few questions...

(see attachments)

I've seen a few options on ebay for what I assume are MP knock offs which dont bother me all that much. Just by the specs in the image, will these fit? If I go with MP diffuser, just want to make sure there won't be fitment issues with oem exhaust bumper spacing. Anyone have any experience with installing exhaust tips? Rattle noise? Them falling off? Or any other weird experience to think of?

Any trouble with exhaust tips with rear diffuser fitment? I'm looking at a few diffuser options... most likely a VStyle or MP.

Thanks in advance for any tips...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 10:55 AM   #2
hjs1971
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 x5m, 2012 m6 convertible

I went with Cyba CF tips and an exhaustmeister, I call it the "poor mans akra", lol. I picked up a knock off CF diffuser on eBay, can't recall which one but all told, the 3 things took about an hour to install (almost perfectly) and less than $800 to purchase, I think. Mildly ghetto, I know, but I get tons of compliments on the looks and sound and I'm happy for now. When I get an unexpected $10,000 check in the mail, I'll do some downpipes and an akra/m-perf exhaust.
      05-02-2017, 01:42 PM   #3
ndinh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i GC, X5

Yep, it'll fit fine if you get the right inlet size. Obviously, you can't use the ones in the 2nd pic because you have quad tips. Although I don't have a M6, I am running M6 mufflers and got these tips. Perfect fitment and it uses screws for tightening instead of a clamp.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-OF-4-REA...1Wups2&vxp=mtr
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2017, 02:11 PM   #4
Bobby_Drake
Major
Rep
Drives: '16 X5M

I went with Cyba tips and Vorsteiner diffuser. Looks good to me. I went with Cyba since there seems to be no fitment issues, as attested in the M5 forums.

If you want to save some $$$, you can get away with some eBay tips and Vorsteiner replica. Honestly, the diffuser will get scratched and noone will care whether you have a replica or not. I was concerned about fitment issues so I went with authentic vorsteiner. However, many members have vorsteiner replica here. Fitment seems to be ok. Good luck.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-04-2017, 03:48 PM   #5
Padfan9
Sergeant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition Coupe

I would wait and buy the real thing...I don't see a reason buying an ebay knockoff on a $140,000 car.

'22 F92 M8 Competition Coupe - Frozen Brilliant White | 8 Speed DCT | Sakhir Orange/Black Full Leather | M Perf CF Exterior Package | M Perf. CF Exhaust | BBS FI-R 21" Wheels |
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2017, 08:31 PM   #6
chador
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 GC Competition 2020

I want to order a set of these for my M6 grand coupe but how are they installed? I don't see a way to remove my existing black tips from the competition package.
Appreciate 0