BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-08-2016, 09:35 PM   #1
EL MEJOR
ALLDAY
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 convertible

Carbon Ceramic Breaks feedback

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of modding my 13' M6 vert and
I'm highly considering upgrading to the CCB as one of the mods. Does anyone on the forum have the CCB? And if so any feedback on them? Besides the obvious of better braking performance, how does it perform while running hot? Any fading? Most importantly how is the brake dust from the CCB? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you
      03-08-2016, 11:41 PM   #2
Royce Martin
Royce Martin
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 650i xdrive GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL MEJOR View Post
Hi guys,

I'm highly considering upgrading to the CCB as one of the mods. Does anyone on the forum have the CCB? And if so any feedback on them? Besides the obvious of better braking performance, how does it perform while running hot? Any fading? Most importantly how is the brake dust from the CCB? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you
I don't have the CCB or M6 but, I've done alot of reasearch on it. The CCB have little to no brake dust. It's race inspired so about stopping power, you'll definitely notice a difference between the CCB option and the OEM you're using now.

I noticed you said '13 M6 "vert", do you mean "convertable"?
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2016, 03:55 AM   #3
Meshary6808
Registered
Rep
Drives: M6 gan coupe sakhir orange

I have ccb on my M6 GC. They look nive but they are abit annoying because of squiking noise it comes and goes ,,
When they get wet or very cold it doesnt brake not responsive until up hit the brakes hard for the to warm up ,,
Fading i dont see any but i hve my car for 2 year now and i race alot at high speed rolling start fom 60-200 and we have alot of speed camiras so i have to hit the brake realy hard alot of time they are worth it to me
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2016, 07:34 AM   #4
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M4C

My experience after a full year -

* no dust, ever!

* squeaks only when car/wheels are dirty. kinda lets you know its time to wash. Immediately remedies it - for me anyway.

* when wet, on occasion, there is some loss in immediate stopping only if you have not used them during your trip say over 10 miles or so. But once you tap them again (most likely when its cleaned off the water using braking pressure, etc.) they stop you on a dime. Once you know how to operate them, you lose the ole "holy shit I'm not stopping thoughts" haha

* haven't tracked but these things bring you down to normal speeds very fast with no effort.

That's all I got.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 02:18 PM   #5
EL MEJOR
ALLDAY
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce Martin
Quote:
Hi guys,

I don't have the CCB or M6 but, I've done alot of reasearch on it. The CCB have little to no brake dust. It's race inspired so about stopping power, you'll definitely notice a difference between the CCB option and the OEM you're using now.

I noticed you said '13 M6 "vert", do you mean "convertable"?
Yes "vert" is short for convertible. Thank you for your feedback. My biggest issue is brake dust. I'm a maniac when it comes to keeping wheels clean. So superb breaking power + cleaner wheels? I'm all in!
      03-09-2016, 02:20 PM   #6
EL MEJOR
ALLDAY
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshary6808
I have ccb on my M6 GC. They look nive but they are abit annoying because of squiking noise it comes and goes ,,
When they get wet or very cold it doesnt brake not responsive until up hit the brakes hard for the to warm up ,,
Fading i dont see any but i hve my car for 2 year now and i race alot at high speed rolling start fom 60-200 and we have alot of speed camiras so i have to hit the brake realy hard alot of time they are worth it to me
Thank you for your feedback. That's good know. I gotta say I've been on the highway with brakes running hot and there have been times where stock brakes would just fade and car wouldn't stop. Looking forward to CCB
      03-09-2016, 02:22 PM   #7
EL MEJOR
ALLDAY
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladiatorOwner
My experience after a full year -

* no dust, ever!

* squeaks only when car/wheels are dirty. kinda lets you know its time to wash. Immediately remedies it - for me anyway.

* when wet, on occasion, there is some loss in immediate stopping only if you have not used them during your trip say over 10 miles or so. But once you tap them again (most likely when its cleaned off the water using braking pressure, etc.) they stop you on a dime. Once you know how to operate them, you lose the ole "holy shit I'm not stopping thoughts" haha

* haven't tracked but these things bring you down to normal speeds very fast with no effort.

That's all I got.
Wow that's awesome to know. Thank you for feedback. Definitely becoming more convinced CCB is the way to go. What Would you say your pads are at after 1yr? 95% ? How many miles have you put on them?
      03-09-2016, 03:22 PM   #8
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M4C

Quote:
Wow that's awesome to know. Thank you for feedback. Definitely becoming more convinced CCB is the way to go. What Would you say your pads are at after 1yr? 95% ? How many miles have you put on them?
I'll check tonight but I have 13,000 miles on them. Suppose to last for 80,000
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2016, 07:32 PM   #9
EL MEJOR
ALLDAY
United_States
Rep

That's Awesome!!! I'll never have to get brakes again! I've only put 16k miles on mine in 3 years. I'm due for service on them in 1400 miles. But when I swap to CCB they should last like 15 years!
      03-09-2016, 08:14 PM   #10
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

just curious...where are you buying OEM ceramics from? I imagine they will be a small fortunue as Ive seen them online for 10-15k? Is that worth clean wheels? haha

You should also consider low dust performance pads, I had them on my previous Range Rover and break dust was cut in half if not more.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2016, 09:13 PM   #11
EL MEJOR
ALLDAY
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedR8
just curious...where are you buying OEM ceramics from? I imagine they will be a small fortunue as Ive seen them online for 10-15k? Is that worth clean wheels? haha

You should also consider low dust performance pads, I had them on my previous Range Rover and break dust was cut in half if not more.
I know. Local dealer quoted me at 13,750 for the set installed. Clean wheels are a priority as I get my car detailed every 2 weeks during spring/summer. Car sits during winter unless it's a special event and I take it out (weather permitting). But I've never heard of those pads I'm definitely going to look into it! Thanks for the heads up
      03-09-2016, 09:28 PM   #12
m5sdse63
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC CP

I have to second the above mentioned responses of the owners with CCB.

I've had my M6GC with CCB since Oct of last year. Put 6k miles on it since then. I came from the M4 with regular brakes.

1. Compared to regular brakes (my M4) the CCB have no dust (M6). I was really getting annoyed at how much brake dust there was. You had to incessantly wash the wheels if you cared for them to look good.

2. Brake fade? What is that, lol?

3. Squeaking noise is sometimes more prevalent than I like and mostly at lower speeds. Kind of embarrassing actually.

4. There was only one time I had a problem braking after I drove through a puddle after a rain storm. The pedal feel returned immediately and it was a one transient, yet unsettling feeling.

2014 M6
2015 i3
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2016, 06:05 AM   #13
EL MEJOR
ALLDAY
United_States
Rep

Fading is when your brakes are hot and don't have the same stopping power and when you brake you feel as if though it's fading because it takes longer to stop. You almost feel like your brakes are soft and have lost braking power.

I'm OCD when it comes to having wheels clean. I can't stand seeing them dirty. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy. I find myself cleaning my wheels 2-3x in between details. And I get my car detailed every 2 weeks during the spring/summer.
      03-11-2016, 06:53 AM   #14
MP
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe

I have CCB on my M6 GC.

Great great performance. Super sharp but you can dose breaking power easily once you get used to them.
No dust, no corrosion.
They look good

But they squeak..... which is sometimes annoying especially when driving around town.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 10:47 AM   #15
Grayblack
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and G07 X7

I have CCB's on my M5. They're great. No brake dust and the gold calipers are a nice touch. They squeal like a pig, which is a bit annoying. The performance is awesome once you get the brakes warmed up. Never had any brake fade issues.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2016, 11:46 AM   #16
rambino
M Master
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 / X6M

sorry to hijack but If anyone in Cali has CCBs that wants to swap for my Blue Ms + Cash lemme know ..
      03-11-2016, 04:38 PM   #17
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meshary6808
The squeak happens on the steel rotor brakes too not just the CCB. There was a service bulletin for a possible solution but I never got around to it.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 07:18 AM   #18
M6GCdriver
Rep
Drives: 2014 F13 M6GC CP,DA+,EP

I have a M6 with CCB and hit a kid on a bike. Completely his fault. Came into street from between cars not looking, etc. I saw him out of the corner of my eye and hit the brakes hard and fast. Came to a stop before we made contact.

He hit and came up on my hood. Shockingly only a minor and fixable dent to my hood and a little dent to the facia. Cost me $100 to fix. I have a few other cars with non CCB brembos and I have always maintained that the CCB is what prevented this incident from being much worse on every front.

Once I discovered that power washing the brakes once in a while is all that's necessary to prevent the horrendous and embarrassing squeaks I love them even more
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 08:33 AM   #19
Grayblack
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and G07 X7

I've had the steel brakes as well. The squeal from the CCB's are a lot worse. The bite is better on the CCB's once they're warm.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2016, 12:31 PM   #20
EL MEJOR
ALLDAY
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6GCdriver
I have a M6 with CCB and hit a kid on a bike. Completely his fault. Came into street from between cars not looking, etc. I saw him out of the corner of my eye and hit the brakes hard and fast. Came to a stop before we made contact.

He hit and came up on my hood. Shockingly only a minor and fixable dent to my hood and a little dent to the facia. Cost me $100 to fix. I have a few other cars with non CCB brembos and I have always maintained that the CCB is what prevented this incident from being much worse on every front.

Once I discovered that power washing the brakes once in a while is all that's necessary to prevent the horrendous and embarrassing squeaks I love them even more
Really? That's crazy. Wow thankfully everything turned out fine. I'm intrigued by the power washing technique? So after routinely power washing every so often you've never had squeaking again?
      03-12-2016, 07:55 PM   #21
M6GCdriver
Rep
Drives: 2014 F13 M6GC CP,DA+,EP

El Mejor -

So far power washing the brakes with a little stainless steel cleaner from Target does the job. It also helps to clean the inside of the wheels too. Those 295's collect a lot of dirt.

The squeaking was driving me crazy. Getting rid of the squeak makes me feel like the car is new again. There is nothing better than CCB that don't squeak. They look spectacular, never warp (at least very easily), don't generate much dust at all, etc.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2016, 11:18 AM   #22
EL MEJOR
ALLDAY
United_States
Rep

Yes I'm cleaning my wheels in its entirety constantly including the inside. I have all the special brushes and all. And when I have it detailed I request for my wheels to be removed and cleaned.

Thanks for the CCB feedback. I think I'm gonna go for it.