BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

03-05-2015, 12:47 PM   #1
nyy13lal24dal9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' M6 Gran Coupe

M6 Floor Mats

I'm picking my M6GC up Saturday. I wanted to buy some all season floor mats living in NY. I wanted to know if the carpet mats have the M logo on them because then I would probably buy clear mats. If not Ill just go black rubber.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 02:00 PM   #2
Iluvspl
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw m6

No logo on the carpet matts. I really don't know why they didn't do the logo. My old m6 had the m logo and it looked much nicer.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
savela
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5M

The OEM rubber mats are nice. Lower profile than the set I had on my M5. No logo on either, which is fine by me
2011 550i (traded)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 11:36 PM   #4
IM///M6GC
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe Comp Pack

If you plan on driving it in inclement weather, I'd advise you to look into a set of weathertech mats. They're definitely not easy on the eyes but they sure do a great job of keeping the snow and salt off the carpet. My wife loves them on her x5m. I have the factory rubber mats on my m6 gc, but I don't drive that car in the winter.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 01:00 AM   #5
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

Quote:
Originally Posted by IM///M6GC View Post
If you plan on driving it in inclement weather, I'd advise you to look into a set of weathertech mats. They're definitely not easy on the eyes but they sure do a great job of keeping the snow and salt off the carpet.
+1.

I have the OEM rubber mats, too, but I prefer the weathertech mats for their better protection. True, they are a bit dramatic for an upscale car, but I have used them for many years on many different vehicles in all kinds of weather and have never been disappointed. Especially if you have to deal with pretty big clumps of snow in the winter or dirt in the summer.

You do have to pin weathertech mats to the carpet of an M6GC, though (the plastic pins come with the mats). Otherwise, the mats creep forward fairly quickly. The OEM rubber mats use the existing Velcro-style attachment method, so no modification is required. Just something to think about if you are queasy about punching holes in your carpet.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 06:57 AM   #6
devondragon
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Garage List
On my '14 M6 the WeatherTech's installed with pins that locked into the existing mounts in the car, no carpet holes required. Also +1 for the WeatherTechs, at least up here in Boston they are an essential accessory for winter.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 09:36 AM   #7
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

I have a set of Weathertech Floorliners for the front as well as a cargo liner coming in. They look and fit great.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2015, 04:45 PM   #8
nyy13lal24dal9
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM6GC View Post
+1.

I have the OEM rubber mats, too, but I prefer the weathertech mats for their better protection. True, they are a bit dramatic for an upscale car, but I have used them for many years on many different vehicles in all kinds of weather and have never been disappointed. Especially if you have to deal with pretty big clumps of snow in the winter or dirt in the summer.

You do have to pin weathertech mats to the carpet of an M6GC, though (the plastic pins come with the mats). Otherwise, the mats creep forward fairly quickly. The OEM rubber mats use the existing Velcro-style attachment method, so no modification is required. Just something to think about if you are queasy about punching holes in your carpet.
Can you purchase the OEM rubber mats at the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 12:00 AM   #9
IM///M6GC
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 Gran Coupe Comp Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy13lal24dal9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM6GC View Post
+1.

My '15 M6 GC actually came with both sets of mats... the carpeted and rubber mats. They were in the trunk. I didn't pay anything extra... or at least I don't think I did.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 12:51 AM   #10
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by devondragon View Post
On my '14 M6 the WeatherTech's installed with pins that locked into the existing mounts in the car, no carpet holes required. Also +1 for the WeatherTechs, at least up here in Boston they are an essential accessory for winter.
I just checked, and it's the same with my car, too. The instructions showed two types of pins - those with a screw bottom and those with a T-bottom retention hook. The ones with the screw bottom appear to screw directly into the carpet. The ones with a T-bottom retention hook go into a slot in the carpet. They sent me the T-bottom retention hook ones. When I saw the instructions, I assumed that you had to cut a slot into the carpet, and that was a non-starter for me, so I never pursued the matter further. When I saw your post, I checked my car and learned that what the instructions didn't tell me is that you turn the existing plastic disk with the velcro-style surface (which wasn't shown in the instructions) 1/4 turn counterclockwise and voila! out comes the plastic disk, thereby exposing the slot that you insert the WeatherTech T-bottom retention hook into and lock into place by turning 1/4 turn clockwise. As you said, no new holes are required. The slots are already there.

I learned something today. Thanks!

Last edited by JimM6GC; 03-11-2015 at 12:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2015, 01:05 AM   #11
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyy13lal24dal9 View Post
I purchased my OEM rubber mats from the dealer. They cost me $85 for the front and $55 for the rear.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2015, 08:07 PM   #12
WWnyc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014. 640 ix Vert

Garage List
When we spend this much on these cars (and you guys more than me) I told the dealer at pick up to just put them in the car. He did. No extra charge.
Appreciate 0