BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-20-2015, 11:07 AM   #1
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
So I finally decided on ordering another individual M6, this time in Frozen Space Gray, Signature interior, 6spd mt- for my LA home...and my dealer told me there aren't any spots to order either a 2015 model (too late) or a 2016 model (rates aren't out yet) so I'm wondering- anyone know when they will be? There's no real Rush, but obviously- I'd like it done sooner than later.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 01:19 AM   #2
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

I'm in the same boat, and I don't know either. I'll post whenever I hear something (assuming Jason or someone else doesn't beat us to it).
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 09:37 AM   #3
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

The 2016 6 series production numbers came out on Monday, but the M6 has been delayed.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2015, 10:56 AM   #4
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver
The 2016 6 series production numbers came out on Monday, but the M6 has been delayed.
I heard about that, something about the carbon fiber. They mentioned MARCH, which seems a bit far fetched, so I'm just hoping it'll be ready before I head back to LA in 3 weeks
      01-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #5
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM6GC
I'm in the same boat, and I don't know either. I'll post whenever I hear something (assuming Jason or someone else doesn't beat us to it).
Likewise bro- as soon as I hear something if you or one of the head honchos around here haven't said anything, I'll update the post.
      01-21-2015, 03:32 PM   #6
C5driver
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
I heard about that, something about the carbon fiber. They mentioned MARCH, which seems a bit far fetched, so I'm just hoping it'll be ready before I head back to LA in 3 weeks
Exactly...something to do with the CF. All M production is affected. I didn't hear about March, but just spoke with the dealer today (Crevier) and they're checking on any updates to the order date.

The 2015 EOP is March 2015.

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 02:41 PM   #7
C5driver
Major
Rep

Here too...

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1076678
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 04:06 PM   #8
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Ugh...that's discouraging. I'm honestly thinking of picking up one of the few manuals around the country and simply wrapping the vehicle/upgrading the brakes. Probably save so much time
      01-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #9
C5driver
Major
Rep

Quote:
Ugh...that's discouraging. I'm honestly thinking of picking up one of the few manuals around the country and simply wrapping the vehicle/upgrading the brakes. Probably save so much time
Depending on the delay, I'm seriously considering just picking up a 2015...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 12:49 AM   #10
JimM6GC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC; '16 B6

Quote:
Niello in Sacramento has a Silverstone/Silverstone M6GC with a MT that has been sitting there since last spring. I know because they tried to sell it to me at the time. The sales manager said he would give me the proverbial deal I couldn't refuse (and that was last spring!), but I refused because I didn't want the Silverstone interior. By now, you may be able to truly pick it up at a price you can't refuse.

As for Crevier, I bought my M6GC from them. While I had some difficulty with them re: PCD (and I was somewhat harsh on them on this board), and I even "fired" two salespeople in the process, they eventually came through, even to the point where we intend to order our B6 from them this year. So it looks like C5Driver and I will both get the 6-er production data at the same time! One thing I can say based on my experience with them, despite the particular negatives I experienced at the time, is that they don't string you along re: allocation. I definitely can't say the same for Niello in Sacramento. I ordered my M6GC from Crevier in the middle of last April (no deposit required) and picked it up at the Performance Center on June 19.

If anyone wants a '15 M6GC with Silverstone/Black and MT, I could sell you mine if you offer me a price I can't refuse!

Last edited by JimM6GC; 01-23-2015 at 12:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 08:08 AM   #11
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM6GC
Quote:
Niello in Sacramento has a Silverstone/Silverstone M6GC with a MT that has been sitting there since last spring. I know because they tried to sell it to me at the time. The sales manager said he would give me the proverbial deal I couldn't refuse (and that was last spring!), but I refused because I didn't want the Silverstone interior. By now, you may be able to truly pick it up at a price you can't refuse.

As for Crevier, I bought my M6GC from them. While I had some difficulty with them re: PCD (and I was somewhat harsh on them on this board), and I even "fired" two salespeople in the process, they eventually came through, even to the point where we intend to order our B6 from them this year. So it looks like C5Driver and I will both get the 6-er production data at the same time! One thing I can say based on my experience with them, despite the particular negatives I experienced at the time, is that they don't string you along re: allocation. I definitely can't say the same for Niello in Sacramento. I ordered my M6GC from Crevier in the middle of last April (no deposit required) and picked it up at the Performance Center on June 19.

If anyone wants a '15 M6GC with Silverstone/Black and MT, I could sell you mine if you offer me a price I can't refuse!
Nice! Good looking out, I will give them a call when they open. My current coupe has white leather, so silver would be a little easier to maintain (currently it's running me 300 bucks a week to get the car hand washed, waxed and detailed inside out, but keeps the matte silverstone paint/signature interior looking goooood)

However, I'm not in the market for a GC, so the price needs to be literally stealing the vehicle (I was offered 1050 monthly on an executive demo with 4,000 miles- but I don't know... I love the GC, but being 26- Im still stuck in my coupe phase)
      01-23-2015, 04:29 PM   #12
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

Quote:
Nice! Good looking out, I will give them a call when they open. My current coupe has white leather, so silver would be a little easier to maintain (currently it's running me 300 bucks a week to get the car hand washed, waxed and detailed inside out, but keeps the matte silverstone paint/signature interior looking goooood)

However, I'm not in the market for a GC, so the price needs to be literally stealing the vehicle (I was offered 1050 monthly on an executive demo with 4,000 miles- but I don't know... I love the GC, but being 26- Im still stuck in my coupe phase)
Those two-toned white/black interiors on the individual bmws are one of the best looking interiors. Personally can't deal with worrying about that though - especially on two cars! I've got a couple of female friends that are always wearing bronzer and crap like that on their legs, so I have to throw a towel down on the seat before they get in. Champagne is kind of gold colored, so thus far it hasn't really shown too much discoloration. Would imagine silver stone would be somewhere in the same boat. I just use that Leatherique stuff to wipe anything off that shows up and it's outta there.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 06:19 PM   #13
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg13
Quote:

Those two-toned white/black interiors on the individual bmws are one of the best looking interiors. Personally can't deal with worrying about that though - especially on two cars! I've got a couple of female friends that are always wearing bronzer and crap like that on their legs, so I have to throw a towel down on the seat before they get in. Champagne is kind of gold colored, so thus far it hasn't really shown too much discoloration. Would imagine silver stone would be somewhere in the same boat. I just use that Leatherique stuff to wipe anything off that shows up and it's outta there.
Hahahaha I feel your pain man. Since mine is the signature S interior, it is WHITE. So I literally drive with towels because like you mentioned- being a single man, I do have a couple lady bugs take a ride from time to time needless to say, even with the towels- im super paranoid on it staining marking, anything- (I have Tupperware in the trunk incase food is brought, cause no foods allowed in the front). So the detailing is worth it- but it definitely gets tiresome.
Attached Images

01-26-2015, 09:01 PM   #14
adamg13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Coupe

Ah that is nice. Did you get piano black all around? I have the manual trans too, so that center console area is piano black even though the rest of my wood is sycamore. Seems like all of the 6 series + M6 2015 and up are going to have that piano black center console now. It's pretty scratch prone so my detailer covered it in Cquartz when he did the exterior.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2015, 09:11 PM   #15
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg13
Ah that is nice. Did you get piano black all around? I have the manual trans too, so that center console area is piano black even though the rest of my wood is sycamore. Seems like all of the 6 series + M6 2015 and up are going to have that piano black center console now. It's pretty scratch prone so my detailer covered it in Cquartz when he did the exterior.
Yes sir piano black all around. I wish they had the carbon fiber trim for the MT but apparently it's only for for the DCT. In the last days, I've talked myself out of getting white again- I swear I drive in fear of it getting dirty. That's no way to live! lol.
      01-27-2015, 11:40 AM   #16
C5driver
Major
Rep

Quote:
I swear I drive in fear of it getting dirty. That's no way to live! lol.
You're keeping it perfect for the next buyer to enjoy?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #17
C5driver
Major
Rep

...and an update; dealer said February order. Production still on schedule for March.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 12:25 PM   #18
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I swear I drive in fear of it getting dirty. That's no way to live! lol.
You're keeping it perfect for the next buyer to enjoy?
Hahahaahha you and I think alike. Absolutely. My poor dog has never enjoyed the insides of the m6. And nice! So hopefully by May we can get our new gals?!
      01-27-2015, 03:32 PM   #19
C5driver
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hahahaahha you and I think alike. Absolutely. My poor dog has never enjoyed the insides of the m6. And nice! So hopefully by May we can get our new gals?!
I'm hoping April! We should see who gets theirs first I've pretty much committed the order to memory by now, which comes from waiting since late last year.

If patience and discipline are supposed to be the cornerstones of character, I'm clearly Mother Teresa.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2015, 04:05 PM   #20
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I'm hoping April! We should see who gets theirs first I've pretty much committed the order to memory by now, which comes from waiting since late last year.

If patience and discipline are supposed to be the cornerstones of character, I'm clearly Mother Teresa.
HA. I hear that! If the car wasn't so great, I'd be tempted to say the waiting period is almost better than actually having it!

What dealer are you putting your order through? I spoke to my CA and he told me he still hasn't heard a day yet (riverside BMW) : it may be time for a new dealer..
      01-27-2015, 04:07 PM   #21
m3larson
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran C 1997 M3 Track C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM6GC View Post

You are ordering a B6 this year? Are they bringing 2016 B6's to the states this year? Been looking at buying a 2015 this week as my lease is up on my 7 in 2 months.
      01-27-2015, 04:09 PM   #22
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Doh! Just read you mentioned crevier. How do you like them? I sometimes head out to that area of Orange County, just never stopped in for a look