BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-22-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
dentaltech
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 coupe

Sad day, my own damn fault

I feel like a jackass,

So I purchase a new carbon rear spoiler for my m6, I watched all the you tube instructional video on how to remove the stock spoiler. I purchase all my little helper aids per the videos and started in on the project.

Started with the floss trick and snapped a bunch and did not work well. Taped everything up started using the plastic pry bar "pep boys" and it started loosening up got both side up and started working towards the center. I get half way and I hear a pop and snap the stock spoiler, I didn't much care as I was pitching it anyhow. The bad part was a chunk of the panel "fiberglas" tore and pulled paint. I was impatient and didn't heat it up enough and thats what screwed my day.

So of course I can't get the new carbon spoiler to cover the damage so I have to get the panel filled and resprayed.

So pissed right now.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2016, 07:16 PM   #2
A Frankfurt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: German

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentaltech View Post
I feel like a jackass,

So I purchase a new carbon rear spoiler for my m6, I watched all the you tube instructional video on how to remove the stock spoiler. I purchase all my little helper aids per the videos and started in on the project.

Started with the floss trick and snapped a bunch and did not work well. Taped everything up started using the plastic pry bar "pep boys" and it started loosening up got both side up and started working towards the center. I get half way and I hear a pop and snap the stock spoiler, I didn't much care as I was pitching it anyhow. The bad part was a chunk of the panel "fiberglas" tore and pulled paint. I was impatient and didn't heat it up enough and thats what screwed my day.

So of course I can't get the new carbon spoiler to cover the damage so I have to get the panel filled and resprayed.

So pissed right now.

Where are you at in socal ?
I know some great body/paint shops that do excellent work without breaking the bank
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 12:38 AM   #3
2007 to 2016 M6 Cab
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition HS

Dude!!!

Harsh

I feel for you bro!!! Sucks

Only good thing is we all upgrade eventually ... Mean time take a hit and fix it!!!

Yes it sucks!!! But at the end of the day just money and another experience!

Yes I too would be pissed

To a better day tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2016, 09:42 AM   #4
dentaltech
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Frankfurt View Post

Where are you at in socal ?
I know some great body/paint shops that do excellent work without breaking the bank
Erik,

I think I spoke with you on the phone this last week, waiting on the email and scheduling for the mods we talked about.

I am about 40min for your shop inland,

Love to hear some of your suggestions.

Hope to hear from you soon

EDIT, received the email will be in touch

Last edited by dentaltech; 04-23-2016 at 06:20 PM..
Appreciate 0