Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i

Letter to BMW International - 650i owners

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
All 650i owners:

I plan to send a personalised version of the letter below to BMW, electronically and by snail mail.

Please consider sending a personal version to BMW in your country. This is the least they owe us, and it is a very reasonable ask.

roadsta

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To BMW USA / Canada / UK / Australia ....
Customer Care

Dear Sirs,

I bought my 650i on [date]. I paid $XXX,000 for my car. This is my n-th BMW.

I am one of many F12 / F13 650i owners globally who is pretty upset to read that the 650i is due to get a significant engine upgrade after we had our cars typically for less than one year. I understand that facelifts do happen, but not this soon. As a customer who bought my car only X months ago, I feel seriously short-changed and done in. I certainly do not feel like a valued customer, and the driver of one of your high-end cars.

I have read that the 650i will soon get an engine upgrade that includes valvetronic, lifting the power output by some 10%, known as the N63 Technical Update for V8 TwinPower Turbo Engine. This is a very material improvement so soon after the introduction of the F12 and F13.

Fortunately, I believe there is a practical and affordable solution that should go some way towards dealing with this issue. Your engineers will be able to develop a simple upgrade to the engine management software that lifts the torque curve by 8 to 10%, if they have not already done so. If this software upgrade is distributed through your global dealerships, and installed free of charge to existing 650i owners, it would go some way towards restoring my faith in the BMW brand. Technically, this should be very easy to do, as aftermarket suppliers (e.g. Dinan) have much more powerful packages available.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Name, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      06-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #2
mlai
Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 650GC/E93M3/Lexus LS600HL

Garage List
Trade in yours and get a new one.....
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 01:39 PM   #3
RPB1
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 6 Series 640d MSport

Good letter interested in what responses people get?
      06-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #4
GetWellSoon
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadsta View Post
All 650i owners:

I plan to send a personalised version of the letter below to BMW, electronically and by snail mail.

Please consider sending a personal version to BMW in your country. This is the least they owe us, and it is a very reasonable ask.

roadsta

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To BMW USA / Canada / UK / Australia ....
Customer Care

Dear Sirs,

I bought my 650i on [date]. I paid $XXX,000 for my car. This is my n-th BMW.

I am one of many F12 / F13 650i owners globally who is pretty upset to read that the 650i is due to get a significant engine upgrade after we had our cars typically for less than one year. I understand that facelifts do happen, but not this soon. As a customer who bought my car only X months ago, I feel seriously short-changed and done in. I certainly do not feel like a valued customer, and the driver of one of your high-end cars.

I have read that the 650i will soon get an engine upgrade that includes valvetronic, lifting the power output by some 10%, known as the N63 Technical Update for V8 TwinPower Turbo Engine. This is a very material improvement so soon after the introduction of the F12 and F13.

Fortunately, I believe there is a practical and affordable solution that should go some way towards dealing with this issue. Your engineers will be able to develop a simple upgrade to the engine management software that lifts the torque curve by 8 to 10%, if they have not already done so. If this software upgrade is distributed through your global dealerships, and installed free of charge to existing 650i owners, it would go some way towards restoring my faith in the BMW brand. Technically, this should be very easy to do, as aftermarket suppliers (e.g. Dinan) have much more powerful packages available.

I look forward to your prompt response.

Name, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to do the same thing, fucking pieces of shit !
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #5
GetWellSoon
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlai View Post
Trade in yours and get a new one.....
why don't you shut your mouth you gay ***
Appreciate 0