BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-29-2016, 10:56 AM   #1
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M, 12' R8 V10,

M6 vs. R8 V10 vs. M4GTS

Need you council gents. I've owned a M6(manual, V8), Now i own a R8 V10 Manual and low and behold I get the BMW M4GTS golden ticket... I've bought many BMW's thus the ticket.

What to do? The M6 with a manual with the nanny controls turned off is a great street fighter, the R8 V10 manual perfection but liable to damage on public roads. And the M4GTS... fantastic EXCEPT I loathe DCT(no offense) I just like being "plugged in" to the driving experience. Yet I think the GTS will become a unicorn car worth more than I pay for it as my dealer ensured it will be at MSRP vs. "free market" GTS's going for 180,000-200000.

Please help! Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #2
M6Pilot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Garage List
I just don't think that car is going sell!IMO I don't think I would pay more than $90k-$95k for it. I'm think it's worth $10k-$15 over standard M4. Others may see it differently.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 12:30 PM   #3
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6Pilot
I just don't think that car is going sell!IMO I don't think I would pay more than $90k-$95k for it. I'm think it's worth $10k-$15 over standard M4. Others may see it differently.
The previous GTS sold like hot cakes. I mean it literally sold out in a blink of an eye and now they don't even hit the used market. However, that car was far more limited. But I do see the current GTS appreciating too.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2016, 03:27 PM   #4
Rufus123
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6Pilot View Post
Hahahahahahahah

You know they are sold out don't you ???

They had a wait list. A and B lists set up already. Gold tickets are an invitation to app,y to buy and are in no way at all a guaranteed car

The golden tickets are sent out to good BMW owners who have owned lots of M models, however they are sent out at a ratio of 1:5, if you accept you are then asked to provide car history and why you think you should be accepted for a car, and a agreement your not reselling it and then BMW decide if you get to buy one. My dealership that's family owned has one allocation and 36 people wanting it, guess who decides who gets it ???? BMW

Every single one is already sold one way or another

clueless isn't the word for your comment ..... what's your next gem ?? Don't invest in vintage ferarris they lose money??

Try ringing dealers and ask to buy one at RRP and listen to the laughter at the other side of the phone, in fact try ringing up and offering 50k over list price..... And then wait once again for the laughter

Last edited by Rufus123; 04-29-2016 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2016, 06:38 PM   #5
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M, 12' R8 V10,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus123 View Post
Hahahahahahahah

They had a wait list. A and B lists set up already. Gold tickets are an invitation to app,y to buy and are in no way at all a guaranteed car

The golden tickets are sent out to good BMW owners who have owned lots of M models, however they are sent out at a ratio of 1:5, if you accept you are then asked to provide car history and why you think you should be accepted for a car, and a agreement your not reselling it and then BMW decide if you get to buy one. My dealership that's family owned has one allocation and 36 people wanting it, guess who decides who gets it ???? BMW

clueless isn't the word for your comment ..... what's your next gem ?? Don't invest in vintage ferarris they lose money??

Try ringing dealers and ask to buy one at RRP and listen to the laughter at the other side of the phone, in fact try ringing up and offering 50k over list price..... And then wait once again for the laughter
yes they are sold out thus why I a guaranteed sale. I've bought 3 M3's, 2 X6M's, 1 X6 and 2 X1's and a Z4M. In less than 6 years.

I've received multiple email from regional manager for N.A. that i'm promised an M4 GTS.

Back to my question the loss of the manual V10 R8 vexes me. Yet I think the M4 GTS will grow in vaule yet I lose my 6-spd tranny. I traded my X6M for a manual M4 as I found it less engaging but a monster of a car... The irony is a week later I get the approval for GTS. That alot of negative equity to eat. UGGGG.

Thank you gents.

Last edited by templarklimek; 04-30-2016 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2016, 04:40 AM   #6
BDO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X6 40d M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by templarklimek
Quote:
Hahahahahahahah

yes they are sold out thus why I a guaranteed sale. I've bought 3 M3's, 2 X6M's, 1 X6 and 2 X1's and a Z4M. In less than 6 years.

I've received multiple email from regional manager for N.A. that i'm promised an M4 GTS.

Back to my question the loss of the manual V10 R8 vexes me. Yet I think the M4 GTS will grow in vaule yet I lose my 6-spd tranny. I traded my X6M for a manual M4 as I found it less engaging but a monster of a car... The irony is a week later I get the approval for GTS. That alot of negative equity to eat. UGGGG.

Thank you gents.
So keep the R8 and buy the GTS? If you're getting it with appreciation in mind it's not like you'll be able to drive it a lot and put miles on it anyway.

For my money the R8 V10 (especially in manual) is a much more special car, so if it's one or the other that's what I'd keep.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2016, 08:45 AM   #7
M6Pilot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Garage List
Quote:
Hahahahahahahah

No, I didn't Know they were sold out! Glad you got a laugh from my comment though. I just didn't see it with this car, My mistake. Not saying its not a nice car either. I just wouldn't give the money thats being asked for it.
Appreciate 1
      06-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #8
m5sdse63
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6GC CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by templarklimek View Post
I've bought 3 M3's, 2 X6M's, 1 X6 and 2 X1's and a Z4M. In less than 6 years.
Wow! That's a lot of BMWs in a short amount of time. And I thought I was a BMW addict. Your list easily trumps mine - X5M, ActiveHybrid3, M4, M6GC and i3 in 3 years. My hat is off to you! (Although, I still have 3 years to catch up to your number... and at my rate, who knows? )

If I got an opportunity to buy M4GTS I'd seriously consider getting it (regardless of the fact it's DCT only). I am sure it will only appreciate in time. Just keep your manual transmission cars and you won't miss rowing your own gears.

2014 M6
2015 i3
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2016, 07:15 AM   #9
mjposner
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 40i

Unless you have spent alot of time driving a dct, I suggest you give it a chance. As someone who has owned many manuals, I have grown to love and prefer the dct overt the six speed, especially for a daily driver. Obviously the only way to invest in this car is to drive sparingly so it may not matter.

My Car Photo Blog: http://carfisheye.blogspot.com/
Appreciate 0