BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-26-2014, 10:44 AM   #89
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC,'08 M5,'14 958 GTS

Looks awesome!!! Did you do Opticoat Pro after the paint correction?

Current Garage:
*2015 Singapore Grey F06 M6 Gran Coupe (The Beast)
*2014 Black Cayenne GTS 958 (Wife & Kids Beast)
*2008 Imola Red E60 M5 (My Other Beast)
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2014, 10:54 AM   #90
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by C's Bimmer
Looks awesome!!! Did you do Opticoat Pro after the paint correction?
Thanks. We did something similar, yes.
Coming Soon:
2016 BMW M4 GTS De-Winged and Bagged on 22s
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 01:11 AM   #91
darryl865
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 F13 M6

Looks so good!! Love Sakhir Orange. I had my eye on one at the dealer but right before I could move on it it got sold
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #92
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Awesome combo! I'm interested more in dynamic improvements that this setup gives you: do you track your car?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2014, 03:42 PM   #93
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladberca
Awesome combo! I'm interested more in dynamic improvements that this setup gives you: do you track your car?
I have yet to take this particular car to the track since I got it. Simply haven't had the time. I have noticed that during spirited road driving this setup provides a little more traction than the stock setup because of all of the additional surface contact area of the wider rear tires.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 07:26 PM   #94
JoeyLeeBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW ///M6 Alpine White

Garage List
Those wheels look killer!

#ADV1 is top notch!

2014 BMW ///M6 Coupe "Competition Package" CLICK: Intro Thread Pictures

l Vorsteiner CA Demo Car l Toyo Tires l Trinity Autosport l Targa Trophy l Shift S3ctor
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 11:10 AM   #95
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Some girth...
Attached Images

Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 09:38 PM   #96
Palomequet
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 M5

Garage List
IMO

Twich; this car is gorgeous, congratulations
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 10:00 PM   #97
ethanjoon
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi 6MT, E90 330i 6MT

Stunning set up. Enjoy
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 10:05 PM   #98
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Thanks guys
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #99
ProdigyM
Prodigy
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2000 Honda S2000

man this entire photoset brings tears of happiness to my eyes. Beautiful.
      02-04-2015, 02:28 PM   #100
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80, 996GT2, 996TT, 991RS 356b

Man this looks sooo good!

Any more plans for her?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 01:26 AM   #101
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Would you please post the offset you ended up with? I've been thinking about bigger rims and wanted to know what fits such a big tire under the fender.

Other than the improvement in traction you mentioned before, have you noticed any other beneficial or detrimental handling characteristics now that you have had some time with those tires on your car? I remember one poster asking about increased understeer with the larger width difference front to rear.

I've got to add my praise for your car. I am not a big fan of orange; at least not usually. But what you did with yours definitely has me looking at the orange ones with a much closer eye. In the last couple of weeks I have seen a M4 and a M5 at the dealership that looked so good I seriously thought about buying one. That car of yours is just stunning. And what you have done to it made it just breathtaking.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 01:32 AM   #102
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chask
Would you please post the offset you ended up with? I've been thinking about bigger rims and wanted to know what fits such a big tire under the fender.

Other than the improvement in traction you mentioned before, have you noticed any other beneficial or detrimental handling characteristics now that you have had some time with those tires on your car? I remember one poster asking about increased understeer with the larger width difference front to rear.

I've got to add my praise for your car. I am not a big fan of orange; at least not usually. But what you did with yours definitely has me looking at the orange ones with a much closer eye. In the last couple of weeks I have seen a M4 and a M5 at the dealership that looked so good I seriously thought about buying one. That car of yours is just stunning. And what you have done to it made it just breathtaking.
Thanks so much for the praise. I'll try to get the offset numbers for you since I don't have them. My favorite part of having such wide barrels is how massive the tires look from behind. I've driven behind my car on a couple of occasions and the 325 tires make the rear of the car look really intimidating. The traction improvements I must admit were minimal. When I got the wheels I had removed the tune so in itself the car just felt like it wasn't loosing that much traction from the massive torque anymore, getting the tune back in the car and all the problems came back even with the extra rubber. Can't grip to save my life off the line. But other than that I can't see any way it affected the driving dynamics of the vehicle other than being that they are 21s and have lower profile tires on them, road imperfections are more noticeable.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 06:04 AM   #103
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch Massacre View Post
Thanks so much for the praise. I'll try to get the offset numbers for you since I don't have them. My favorite part of having such wide barrels is how massive the tires look from behind. I've driven behind my car on a couple of occasions and the 325 tires make the rear of the car look really intimidating.
. . .
The comments were well deserved, but somehow intimidating doesn't quite seem to convey the look your car has. That "girth" shot in post 95 is just incredible, and beyond my vocabulary.

Quote:
. . .
The traction improvements I must admit were minimal. When I got the wheels I had removed the tune so in itself the car just felt like it wasn't loosing that much traction from the massive torque anymore, getting the tune back in the car and all the problems came back even with the extra rubber. Can't grip to save my life off the line. But other than that I can't see any way it affected the driving dynamics of the vehicle other than being that they are 21s and have lower profile tires on them, road imperfections are more noticeable.
It's great to hear you are still happy with them but I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this part about the traction. I guess it was just too much to hope that all that power even the stock M6 could be tamed solely by a bigger pair of sneakers in the back. Maybe the JB4's tuning boost via RPM and gear will help. Have you tried that? I kind of wonder about a rear gearing change too.

I think you said before that ADV had kept the offset data. I guess they could make some more with those specs if they did. Please don't go to any trouble finding this.

How are the ADV's holding up?

There is a really bad problem with the roads around here. The potholes are multiplying worse than rabbits in heat and they are about as rapidly growing in size too. One day I go by some spot and it's fine. Later that day or the next there's suddenly there's a 2-3" deep crevice - usually just a layer of the asphalt. By the next day when I drive by it has gotten so deep I can't see the bottom - I'm guessing 5-6", maybe more. The next day it's spread to the point it could just about swallow most if not all of the wheel width, maybe up to the axle. It's almost like somebody is going out there and digging them. And there are so many of them the street crews can't keep up.

I remember from back when I used to do this stuff that though they looked a lot alike all wheels were not equal. Some could handle the natural road hazards (maybe not like what's growing around here now but could take some pretty good thumps) and others would dent, have their edges deform or get bent with even the slightest little divot. Any problems along these lines with the ADV's? They sure look good and it appears they will pretty much do custom offsets. I would think that is the key to getting the biggest possible tread width under there.

Speaking of which, do you have any rubbing - any at all? Is there any room under there for the next size up or two (like a 335 or a 345) if the offset was perfect? I've seen some tires on a 12" rim that had a section width just 1/4" wider and another one maybe 3/4".
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 11:11 AM   #104
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chask
s
Quote:
Thanks so much for the praise. I'll try to get the offset numbers for you since I don't have them. My favorite part of having such wide barrels is how massive the tires look from behind. I've driven behind my car on a couple of occasions and the 325 tires make the rear of the car look really intimidating.
. . .
The comments were well deserved, but somehow intimidating doesn't quite seem to convey the look your car has. That "girth" shot in post 95 is just incredible, and beyond my vocabulary.

Quote:
. . .
The traction improvements I must admit were minimal. When I got the wheels I had removed the tune so in itself the car just felt like it wasn't loosing that much traction from the massive torque anymore, getting the tune back in the car and all the problems came back even with the extra rubber. Can't grip to save my life off the line. But other than that I can't see any way it affected the driving dynamics of the vehicle other than being that they are 21s and have lower profile tires on them, road imperfections are more noticeable.
It's great to hear you are still happy with them but I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear this part about the traction. I guess it was just too much to hope that all that power even the stock M6 could be tamed solely by a bigger pair of sneakers in the back. Maybe the JB4's tuning boost via RPM and gear will help. Have you tried that? I kind of wonder about a rear gearing change too.

I think you said before that ADV had kept the offset data. I guess they could make some more with those specs if they did. Please don't go to any trouble finding this.

How are the ADV's holding up?

There is a really bad problem with the roads around here. The potholes are multiplying worse than rabbits in heat and they are about as rapidly growing in size too. One day I go by some spot and it's fine. Later that day or the next there's suddenly there's a 2-3" deep crevice - usually just a layer of the asphalt. By the next day when I drive by it has gotten so deep I can't see the bottom - I'm guessing 5-6", maybe more. The next day it's spread to the point it could just about swallow most if not all of the wheel width, maybe up to the axle. It's almost like somebody is going out there and digging them. And there are so many of them the street crews can't keep up.

I remember from back when I used to do this stuff that though they looked a lot alike all wheels were not equal. Some could handle the natural road hazards (maybe not like what's growing around here now but could take some pretty good thumps) and others would dent, have their edges deform or get bent with even the slightest little divot. Any problems along these lines with the ADV's? They sure look good and it appears they will pretty much do custom offsets. I would think that is the key to getting the biggest possible tread width under there.

Speaking of which, do you have any rubbing - any at all? Is there any room under there for the next size up or two (like a 335 or a 345) if the offset was perfect? I've seen some tires on a 12" rim that had a section width just 1/4" wider and another one maybe 3/4".
ADV has the information and they would be able to make a set to the exact specs they used on mine. So far they have held up magnificently. Plenty of potholes in South Florida with all the rain we have been getting and all these constructions around our highways. Have fallen in some minor potholes without an issue but I make sure to watch out for anything that may look damaging. I had fallen in a few bad ones while on my stocks and they got some nasty dents because of it that I later had to have repaired, and that was on the much thicker stock Michelins. Wouldn't want that happening to these because then I would need to ship them off to Cali. I have been told that the car can clear a 12.5 barrel but only with a 325 tire as well. But in all honesty having seen first hand what little space is left in that wheel well between the barrel's inner lip and the suspension I wouldn't venture past the 12 with the 325s. Also I have not experienced any rubbing even understand the most extreme conditions or with heavy load in the car.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 11:30 AM   #105
AllCarbonEverything
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 Black Sapphire X6M

This may have already been addressed and if it was i apologize, but did you go with 12's on the rear rather than 11s because of the more ready availability of the PZEROS vs the MPSS? or did you go with the 12s because you wanted to go as wide as you could in the rear?

Most of the "Project Cars" from all of the tuners doing M6s seem to go with 11 inch width when they go up to 21s, im not sure if this is because of some calculation they arrived at or if its just preference but that 305/25 michelin is impossible to source. I was lucky enough to find a new pair for my upcoming set of 21s but now im wondering if a 12 on the rear would have been a better way to go. It sure would have been easier for me to source the tires.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2015, 11:35 AM   #106
Twitch Massacre
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I12 BMW i8  [0.00]
F13 BMW M6  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCarbonEverything
This may have already been addressed and if it was i apologize, but did you go with 12's on the rear rather than 11s because of the more ready availability of the PZEROS vs the MPSS? or did you go with the 12s because you wanted to go as wide as you could in the rear?

Most of the "Project Cars" from all of the tuners doing M6s seem to go with 11 inch width when they go up to 21s, im not sure if this is because of some calculation they arrived at or if its just preference but that 305/25 michelin is impossible to source. I was lucky enough to find a new pair for my upcoming set of 21s but now im wondering if a 12 on the rear would have been a better way to go. It sure would have been easier for me to source the tires.
I went with the 12 rears simply for the looks. I really wish Michelin would make 325 ties in 21s as I prefer the PSS to the P-Zero. Most seem to go 11 because they wish to keep the Michelins I believe or just aren't aware that they can in fact fit a wider barrel and tire.
Coming Soon:
Appreciate 0