BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > Member's Classifieds [6 Series and M6]

01-29-2018, 09:11 AM   #1
WhiteTornado
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: 650i GC M-sport

WARNING: Forum member “C’s bimmer” is a SCAM!???

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
About a month ago I was going to purchase his exhaust and we were coming to a deal when he suggested I put a $500 deposit so that he wouldn’t accept anyone else’s offers. Well once I did a couple days later I find out the m6 exhaust won’t fit my 650 so I had to turn down the deal. I asked for my money back and he completely has been blowing me off! At first he forgot and that he’s juggling so many things around and he promise he’ll send it back but I’ve been waiting for a month and he hasn’t responded since!? Texts PMS Phone calls nothing !!!

Very disappointed because he seemed like a very reputable forum member.. anybody familiar with this guy????
His post is still on this forum if you wanna check it out...

Last edited by WhiteTornado; 01-30-2018 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 01:32 PM   #2
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 G12 + 15 F06 + 17 F15

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTornado View Post
About a month ago I was going to purchase his exhaust and we were coming to a deal when he suggested I put a $500 deposit so that he wouldn’t accept anyone else’s offers. Well once I did a couple days later I find out the m6 exhaust won’t fit my 650 so I had to turn down the deal. I asked for my money back and he completely has been blowing me off! At first he forgot and that he’s juggling so many things around and he promise he’ll send it back but I’ve been waiting for a month and he hasn’t responded since!? Texts PMS Phone calls nothing !!!

Very disappointed because he seemed like a very reputable forum member.. anybody familiar with this guy????
Did you pay with paypal? Call your credit card company.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 04:29 PM   #3
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:

I'm sure there is more to this story, he is a reputable seller and everyone who has purchased his parts aside from you has received their parts as described.

If I was selling an exhaust for $5k and took a non-refundable deposit from someone, and was told to hold the exhaust and deny anyone else a chance to buy it, it should be on you to verify the exhaust fits your car before putting down the deposit and causing the seller to lose any potential sales. Based on this story no one would refund your deposit based on the fact that you screwed up in regards to fitment, you should pay the rest of the exhaust and buy it, or accept that you lost your deposit based on what you are saying here and you should have done the fitment research before committing to buy a $5k exhaust system off of a car that is not the same model as your own.
Appreciate 2
Flying Ace4984.50
BMWM5NYC496.00
      01-29-2018, 07:17 PM   #4
stickybenz
United_States
Rep
Drives: 650i

Well said
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 07:41 PM   #5
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Did you purchase the full exhaust or just the mufflers?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 07:42 PM   #6
AmooManiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 M50i -> M2C -> 21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalM6GC View Post
I'm sure there is more to this story, he is a reputable seller and everyone who has purchased his parts aside from you has received their parts as described.

If I was selling an exhaust for $5k and took a non-refundable deposit from someone, and was told to hold the exhaust and deny anyone else a chance to buy it, it should be on you to verify the exhaust fits your car before putting down the deposit and causing the seller to lose any potential sales. Based on this story no one would refund your deposit based on the fact that you screwed up in regards to fitment, you should pay the rest of the exhaust and buy it, or accept that you lost your deposit based on what you are saying here and you should have done the fitment research before committing to buy a $5k exhaust system off of a car that is not the same model as your own.
While I usually agree with this, the seller did say that he would send him his money back, but was too busy to do so.

On the other hand, I wouldn't call this guy a "scammer." If buyer gets his money back, it's because the seller was nice enough to do it and it's definitely not something to be expected.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 09:10 PM   #7
sdshah
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85 | Panamera GTS

Quote:
Quote:

Lol your a stealership now? This guy should get his money back. Your logic is so backwards and why shady ass people get away with things on this forum. It's an honest mistake and life happens. He should be getting his money back and they guy said he was...That's shady - this is a community forum rmr?

Act like a damn community.
Appreciate 1
M3V8X5V8135.50
      01-29-2018, 11:13 PM   #8
WhiteTornado
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep

Quote:

I think you have your facts wrong here buddy... like i said i thought this guy was a very reputable member i mean look at his profile?! if i knew how to posts pics i would post our conversation, he seemed like an awesome guy! He was convincing me that his M6 exhaust WILL fit my 650i and if i could i can drive to New York and he would have his shop put the exhaust on for me.. the only issue was how will i drive back with my stock exhaust??? We were actually texting back and forth for a couple days he seemed legit, telling me his whole life story basically

We basically had a deal going on for $4k but he told me just PAYPAL me some money so that he won't accept any other post members offers (he had someone from Cali offering $5k). Soon after I PayPaled him i called GTHAUS myself and they said it WILL NOT fit so i responded to Calton (C's bimmer) that i don't believe it will fit and if i could have my paypal returned please... he said he had no problem and not to worry no hard feelings... a couple days went by i texted him and he never responded again. i tried calling him after then emailed him then PMed him and I've never got a response since idk why..

So please if anybody is familiar with C's bimmer please help me get a response? im really not trying to point the finger i just need that money back i could use it for my next car payment lol but if i really got scammed then stupid me i guess..

You might also ask if i Paypaled him then why not file a claim or whatever, well i did, but what happened was i sent the money as a gift/family member and not as GOODS and SERVICES.. so they can't help me. So stupid me again. Now i need to go to my bank and file an ACH dispute is what they told me.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 11:31 AM   #9
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think you have your facts wrong here buddy... like i said i thought this guy was a very reputable member i mean look at his profile?! if i knew how to posts pics i would post our conversation, he seemed like an awesome guy! He was convincing me that his M6 exhaust WILL fit my 650i and if i could i can drive to New York and he would have his shop put the exhaust on for me.. the only issue was how will i drive back with my stock exhaust??? We were actually texting back and forth for a couple days he seemed legit, telling me his whole life story basically

We basically had a deal going on for $4k but he told me just PAYPAL me some money so that he won't accept any other post members offers (he had someone from Cali offering $5k). Soon after I PayPaled him i called GTHAUS myself and they said it WILL NOT fit so i responded to Calton (C's bimmer) that i don't believe it will fit and if i could have my paypal returned please... he said he had no problem and not to worry no hard feelings... a couple days went by i texted him and he never responded again. i tried calling him after then emailed him then PMed him and I've never got a response since idk why..

So please if anybody is familiar with C's bimmer please help me get a response? im really not trying to point the finger i just need that money back i could use it for my next car payment lol but if i really got scammed then stupid me i guess..

You might also ask if i Paypaled him then why not file a claim or whatever, well i did, but what happened was i sent the money as a gift/family member and not as GOODS and SERVICES.. so they can't help me. So stupid me again. Now i need to go to my bank and file an ACH dispute is what they told me.
You didn't get scammed, and if he actually said you would get the deposit back I'm sure you will, if he did not then your story is completely backwards and the only reason you don't like my response buddy, is because it means that you are not getting that money back, and you should not get it back considering he turned other people down for you.

What I get from your story is that the exhaust would fit your car with modification by a decent muffler shop, so most likely that's why he said to bring it down to his shop and they will fit and install it. After you figured out that it wouldn't fit on a 650 the same way it fits on a M6 you backed out of the sale. Why is it the sellers fault that you did not call GTHaus before making a payment, and that you don't want to have the exhaust modified to fit your car?

Let's play out another scenario... You bought the entire exhaust and had it shipped to you, then you call GTHaus and find out it does not fit. Do you think any seller on any forum in the world would allow you to return it for a full refund? NOPE. We're just not that tight of a community
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 12:09 PM   #10
WhiteTornado
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

You didn't get scammed, and if he actually said you would get the deposit back I'm sure you will, if he did not then your story is completely backwards and the only reason you don't like my response buddy, is because it means that you are not getting that money back, and you should not get it back considering he turned other people down for you.

What I get from your story is that the exhaust would fit your car with modification by a decent muffler shop, so most likely that's why he said to bring it down to his shop and they will fit and install it. After you figured out that it wouldn't fit on a 650 the same way it fits on a M6 you backed out of the sale. Why is it the sellers fault that you did not call GTHaus before making a payment, and that you don't want to have the exhaust modified to fit your car?

Let's play out another scenario... You bought the entire exhaust and had it shipped to you, then you call GTHaus and find out it does not fit. Do you think any seller on any forum in the world would allow you to return it for a full refund? NOPE. We're just not that tight of a community
You don't understand here pal! Like I said if I could post our conversation I would!!

He insisted on holding the exhaust for me..and he insisted it would fit on my car... and he insisted I give him a deposit I never asked for anything from the guy. And he said I can pick it up and put it on MYSELF and if it didn't fit HE would give me a full refund AND PAY MY SHIPPING!? So what do you think this is my fault he won't give me my money back? It's been over a month now

How am I to blame??? This guy was absolutely nice and trust worthy... I can show you the whole text convo... you can even try to PM him I doubt it'll go through. A lot of people had issues PMing him if you actually read his original post
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 02:09 PM   #11
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You don't understand here pal! Like I said if I could post our conversation I would!!

He insisted on holding the exhaust for me..and he insisted it would fit on my car... and he insisted I give him a deposit I never asked for anything from the guy. And he said I can pick it up and put it on MYSELF and if it didn't fit HE would give me a full refund AND PAY MY SHIPPING!? So what do you think this is my fault he won't give me my money back? It's been over a month now

How am I to blame??? This guy was absolutely nice and trust worthy... I can show you the whole text convo... you can even try to PM him I doubt it'll go through. A lot of people had issues PMing him if you actually read his original post
Well don't you think that the first thing you should have done was post the conversation if you're already at the point where you are calling him a scam artist? When it comes to money the person invested always wants to lead the narrative and I get that because it's your money, but you should have not called him a scammer and you should have just posted asking about getting your money back. You should absolutely post where he states that you will get it back, that the exhaust fits your car without modification, etc.

Next time, maybe don't buy a second hand item from a forum member without doing your due diligence, life isn't fair and if you don't cover your six, you'll end up missing your five, five hundred in this case.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 09:03 PM   #12
AZ_Bmw_550
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 650i GC

Garage List
2011 BMW 550i  [0.00]
Thanks for the heads up on shady dealings. Good luck getting your refund.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 09:15 PM   #13
Duff Ace
Adam
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lusso, GT3, 360, Vaquish, bike

Garage List
Quote:
Well don't you think that the first thing you should have done was post the conversation if you're already at the point where you are calling him a scam artist? When it comes to money the person invested always wants to lead the narrative and I get that because it's your money, but you should have not called him a scammer and you should have just posted asking about getting your money back. You should absolutely post where he states that you will get it back, that the exhaust fits your car without modification, etc.

Next time, maybe don't buy a second hand item from a forum member without doing your due diligence, life isn't fair and if you don't cover your six, you'll end up missing your five, five hundred in this case.

Agree with Socal here. I've purchased an item from C Bimmer and it went smoothly. I would give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a few days to get back to you. We all have families and are busy.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 09:37 PM   #14
AW2015M3
BMWaddict4life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Regardless of what the vendor/seller says or convinces you of you should be doing your due diligence before parting with the money.

Imagine a situation where you have paid the entire $4K in cash and picked up the exhaust from him and then arrive at your garage to find that the exhaust doesnt fit your vehicle...what then?

In any case, if he is a reputable member he will likely not want to tarnish his reputation over $500 and I have a strong feeling that you will get your money back...
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2018, 11:49 PM   #15
$howtime456
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

How is he a scammer? The m6 mufflers would fit on your 650. There's even a member on here with a diy thread and he has a 650. I have a 640 and mufflers fit perfect. You need to do a little more research cause if your looking for a direct fit its not going to happen.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 02:29 PM   #16
WhiteTornado
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by $howtime456 View Post
How is he a scammer? The m6 mufflers would fit on your 650. There's even a member on here with a diy thread and he has a 650. I have a 640 and mufflers fit perfect. You need to do a little more research cause if your looking for a direct fit its not going to happen.
I'm sorry.... I was just trying to ask anyone if he was a scammer???? I got scammed twice this past Christmas I never ever talked bad about the guy except I thought he took my money?? It's been over a month and I haven't heard from him... i said he was very reputable and we actually had a great talk, but he never texted me called me or emailed or anything once I gave him my money basically... a month ignoring somebody is a long time don't you guys think!? It's not like it's been a week, this was gonna be a Christmas gift to myself it's now February basically.

It's too bad Calton couldn't chime in right now I mean he didn't seem like the guy would do that. We were texting back and forth a few days talking about cars and and what he's getting next and just shootin the shit with each other. Then he fell off the face of the earth felt like... idk.

I never bashed the guy I just was calling out to the community if I was being scammed that's all... thanks for the help
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 02:41 PM   #17
WhiteTornado
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by $howtime456 View Post
It wasn't just the mufflers.. it was the full exhaust minus the down pipe. The deal didn't fall through because the pipes wouldn't fit. That's why he said he'll have his shop do it for me.... the deal fell through because of other reasons...
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 05:19 PM   #18
$howtime456
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 640i

Quote:
It wasn't just the mufflers.. it was the full exhaust minus the down pipe. The deal didn't fall through because the pipes wouldn't fit. That's why he said he'll have his shop do it for me.... the deal fell through because of other reasons...
im sorry bro. Stuff like that you have to do your research on before buying. Yea it will fit but with modification. I wouldve just bought the mufflers and let the muffler shop do the pipe work
Precision 6266 On Steroids
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 04:54 PM   #19
6spdterror
Route Runner
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 ///M6 Gran Coupe

Hes a very reputable dude, ive done business with him before and had nothing but great experiences. Hope everything gets worked out
04 Honda Pilot (everyday car)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2018, 07:11 PM   #20
bravo261
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650

i don't mean to jump on the pile, but the onus is definitely on you to ensure fitment and all that before you committed to purchasing it. You can clearly understand his request for a deposit, as people flake all day on commitments to purchase, just as you clearly did.

He was even good enough to give you offer you a refund in case his exhaust didn't fit, provided you bought it and gave the install an honest shot. hard to believe he offered that, but anyways...

all that said, if he also promised to refund the money AFTER you informed him you needed to pull the deal, he needs to also follow through and refund the money.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 01:50 PM   #21
M5Dan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition Package

Garage List
2019 BMW X7   [0.00]
2016 BMW M5  [10.00]
He is not a scammer

He is a very respectful individual. I purchased two items from him I bought his carbon fiber mirrors and carbon fiber DCT shifter and he shipped them out the next day.

Last edited by M5Dan; 02-16-2018 at 06:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 03:23 PM   #22
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
with all due respect to everyone who had a positive experience, if the guy said he would refund the money, and then disappeared without refunding the money, and won't respond to attempts at contact to explain or defend himself, then there is an issue. While the OP could have/should done more research before buying, the seller agreed to refund him - then didn't - end of story.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 1
M3V8X5V8135.50