m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S 5 Door

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
The Actions of Idiot Drivers...

So Yesterday some Idiot kept Cutting on me while Driving my 640 GC (I was on the Right Lane) and in order for him not to hit me i (without slowing down) went up on the curb... I'm quite surprised that my Car CAN do this, There was no Damage at all (The Rims took the hit mostly)... Of course being the Guy that Loves his Car to Death i Honked at him for like 10 Minutes

That Was the Only Damage that Happened:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-11-2015, 02:58 PM   #2
Downfourit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6 Gran Coupe`

Ouch! Nice to see you have a good outlook on the situation, I would have chased him down and handled the situation a completely different way than honking!
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2015, 02:59 PM   #3
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downfourit
Ouch! Nice to see you have a good outlook on the situation, I would have chased him down and handled the situation a completely different way than honking!
I was so Shocked! I couldn't believe she could go up there at like 40 mph, Proud of er
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 12:09 AM   #4
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_alnimah
So Yesterday some Idiot kept Cutting on me while Driving my 640 GC (I was on the Right Lane) and in order for him not to hit me i (without slowing down) went up on the curb... I'm quite surprised that my Car CAN do this, There was no Damage at all (The Rims took the hit mostly)... Of course being the Guy that Loves his Car to Death i Honked at him for like 10 Minutes

Begin intervention:

With all respect, you need to face reality. You were involved in a road rage incident.

You've worked hard all your life and now you have some great toys.

You should be disappointed in yourself. 1. You got a black eye. 2. You risked too much.

It's time, right now, for you to stop and ask yourself what could you have done differently to avoid this damage. Note: contrary to your previous assertion, there was damage.

You have a lot more to lose. You should be angry at yourself for not retreating.

Also, you should also see if you're not taking similar dangerous risks in other areas of your life. If you're married with children: love your wife, it's the best gift you can give your kids.

End of intervention.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 02:28 AM   #5
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7
Quote:

Begin intervention:

With all respect, you need to face reality. You were involved in a road rage incident.

You should be disappointed in yourself. 1. You got a black eye. 2. You risked too much.

It's time, right now, for you to stop and ask yourself what could you have done differently to avoid this damage. Note: contrary to your previous assertion, there was damage.

You have a lot more to lose. You should be angry at yourself for not retreating.

Also, you should also see if you're not taking similar dangerous risks in other areas of your life. If you're married with children: love your wife, it's the best gift you can give your kids.

End of intervention.
O.O

I did nothing wrong, he cut on me as the road had a curve and everyone was turning (each on his lane) then this guy randomly cut on me and I ended up going up the curb in order for him to not hit me.... And actually I have no blackeye BUT i did have a panic attack as I was shaken up by the incident and stress from life... I also forgot to mention that the guy apologized...
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 02:36 AM   #6
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

If I were you, I would take the car to dealer to be inspected. You may need alignment even if there is no damage (ie control arm)... 6er has delicate front suspension due to extra weight on front and can be damaged easily on situation like this or potholes.
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2015, 02:37 AM   #7
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
If I were you, I would take the car to dealer to be inspected. You may need alignment even if there is no damage (ie control arm)... 6er has delicate front suspension due to extra weight on front and can be damaged easily on situation like this or potholes.
I will do that as soon as possible...
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 07:17 AM   #8
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Begin intervention:

End of intervention.
O.O

I did nothing wrong, he cut on me as the road had a curve and everyone was turning (each on his lane) then this guy randomly cut on me and I ended up going up the curb in order for him to not hit me.... And actually I have no blackeye BUT i did have a panic attack as I was shaken up by the incident and stress from life... I also forgot to mention that the guy apologized...
By "black eye" I was referring to your damaged wheel.

Wheels don't do very well with lateral forces. So, listen to the poster that said to get it checked out. If you have wheel and tire with cosmetic they will fix it.

I think you may have been in shock.

You should probably remember this the next time something happens.

Treat a similar situation as an accident. Take pictures of both cars and exchange info. I am guessing you did this since you got an apology.

One last Q, if I may: why didn't you slow down to avoid the accident? You could not?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 08:08 AM   #9
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Begin intervention:

End of intervention.
O.O

By "black eye" I was referring to your damaged wheel.

Wheels don't do very well with lateral forces. So, listen to the poster that said to get it checked out. If you have wheel and tire with cosmetic they will fix it.

I think you may have been in shock.

You should probably remember this the next time something happens.

Treat a similar situation as an accident. Take pictures of both cars and exchange info. I am guessing you did this since you got an apology.

One last Q, if I may: why didn't you slow down to avoid the accident? You could not?
If I would've slowed down then the Land Cruiser behind me would've hit me... And I already was on the Right lane so I simply went up there and stopped, you can say it was just my reflexes working quickly..And no I didn't get any of his information as he was an Old Indian Driver (No Offense to indians its just that some of them are REALLY careless drivers because the cars they use aren't theirs) he just shook is head and left... I will stop by the dealership and get the car checked out...
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 08:24 AM   #10
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
I got her checked out! She's completely fine except the curbed rim lol
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 07:49 PM   #11
OmegaMan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 M6 V10 Manual

One can control, and should, one's own driving, but of course one cannot control others.

They have been doing it in Russia due to the bad drivers/legal system by using a dash cam for proof and evidence. I recently purchased a dash cam for my 6 for just such a scenario.

Here is a trip (no accident) I took over Vail pass on my way to Las Vegas. Notice the bouncing semi I had to white knuckle pass and see if you can find the State Patrol car.

[u2b]https://youtu.be/75Qgz-sTpFQ[/u2b]

Last edited by OmegaMan; 06-26-2015 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0