BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

07-13-2015, 03:31 PM   #1
ibz.s.b
2018 F15 X5 X40d #BSM #IvoryWhite
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 X40d #BSM #IvoryWhite

Retrofit reverse camera

Hi Guys,

It's my first post as a 640d Gran Coupe owner!

I used to own a E92 in Black Sapphire Metallic which was quite popular over at e90post and on the UK section.

I recently traded in my 2014 Mercedes CLA 220 CDI (I thought I could do Mercedes but I missed BMW so much and found the 640d GC for a bargain)!

Anyway, the 640d I bought is beautiful, it's in Tanzanite Blue with extended champagne merino leather and the auburn wood. However, the previous owner didn't opt for the reverse camera and this is something I would really like seeing as my Mercedes had it and I have gotten used to it.

I rang my local BMW Dealership today here in Chigwell, Essex, UK and they quoted me JUST TO SUPPLY the kit £1,180?!?!?! Which I thought is madness seeing as it's a £375 option when building a new one!

My question is, is there anyway I can get this done cheaper like any other companies that you could recommend that use the genuine bmw camera setup including popping out from the rear badge and coding to the iDrive or are there any alternative reverse camera kits you could recommend? Trying to stay away from the eBay Half licence plate lamp half camera options in a bid to get a clean stock-looking install.

Many thanks in advance!

And yes I did try searching before but please forgive me if I've missed something!

Cheers

Ibz
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
bmwjpn
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2013 F06

Nothing on their site but check with bimmer-tech.net.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #3
ibz.s.b
2018 F15 X5 X40d #BSM #IvoryWhite
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 X40d #BSM #IvoryWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwjpn View Post
Nothing on their site but check with bimmer-tech.net.
Hi thanks for the reply, anyone else got any other suggestions?

Cheers
Appreciate 0