BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-18-2017, 02:33 PM   #1
ziggys101
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 X3M40i

ACC Switched fuse from rear fusebox

I have 2015 F06 and installing a Blackvue DR650S-2CH but with a Cellink BatteryB which is basically a backup battery for when the veh is parked for the dashcam.

I want to make sure I'm tapping an acc fuse which switches off with the ignition, I have tapped fuse 147 but the battery seems to be still charging after i turn the ignition off but not sure if I'm just not waiting long enough!

update
I was the right one just not waiting long enough!

Last edited by ziggys101; 05-19-2017 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 05:47 AM   #2
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640D GC and MX5 NC PRHT

Just seen your other post well now you have routed yours, but I kept mine on the 12 volt port.

But I routed mine down the passenger side from the windscreen sliding it between the trim, roof lining down the front of the pillar trim around the bottom of that trim with the leather junction and then down the A pillar between the seals and under the trim at the bottom of the car right to the back hiding it under the trim and seat base followed by the C Pillar and again under the trim and roof lining ending in the rear camera.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 02:40 PM   #3
ziggys101
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJA59 View Post
Just seen your other post well now you have routed yours, but I kept mine on the 12 volt port.

But I routed mine down the passenger side from the windscreen sliding it between the trim, roof lining down the front of the pillar trim around the bottom of that trim with the leather junction and then down the A pillar between the seals and under the trim at the bottom of the car right to the back hiding it under the trim and seat base followed by the C Pillar and again under the trim and roof lining ending in the rear camera.
I'd gone the high route front to bak but was getting DAB dropouts so decided to do the same route as you, whilst taking it out tripped over the cable and bent the f*8king coax so I've just had to order a new one
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 08:24 AM   #4
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640D GC and MX5 NC PRHT

Hahaha!

I am did dither I will admit about going high over the pillars glad I did not now.

You may still find the odd time your DAB is dodgy but mine is generally,touch wood, fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 03:00 PM   #5
ziggys101
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Just to rub salt in the wound as part of my installation I was setting it up so my wifi hotspot was always live for the cloud connection so needed an extra 12v lighter supply and bought a 3 port from argos to power everything. So after a bit of experimenting its only the bloody cheap argos bit of crap thats creating so much electrical noice its jamming the DAB signal, replaced with one made by Energiser and hey presto everything is fine...
Appreciate 0