BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

05-22-2018, 07:04 PM   #1
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Any '15 or older coupe owners with a scratched Nav screen?

If you own a '16 or newer or have a clean nav screen, you can skip this.

For any of you with a '15 or older car, you probably know that the coating on BMW Nav screens will scratch or rub off if you even think about touching or cleaning it. One of you may have a screen that has suffered the "abuse" of cleaning, and it bugs you every time you look at it in your otherwise perfect car. You may have looked into a new one, and saw that they are about $2,300. If so, I may have a relatively inexpensive solution for you - buy my scratched nav screen. Stop laughing and read on.

In early April I bought a 2015 650i convertible. Because it was chilly that day, I test drove it with the top up. I am super picky, and a scratched nav screen could keep me from buying a car. So I was happy to see that the screen appeared flawless. It isn't. I later noticed with the top down when the lighting changes that there were scratches on the screen. They would bug me too much, so I found a new one on eBay for the bargain basement price of $1,000 and bought it.

But if you have a coupe, the scratches are 99.999% invisible from the driver's seat. And I don't mean they are "not too bad" - I mean that in almost all lighting conditions, including direct sun on the screen, you will not be able to see them even if you are looking for them and know where they are. Seriously. I have attached some pictures with the sun on the screen from above and coming through the side window behind me. If you are interested, PM me your email and I will send high resolution pictures. And the best part is that since I am not in the business of selling car parts for profit, I will sell it for considerably less than the eBay price of $350-$500 for screens that look like crap.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0