BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      11-19-2016, 01:28 PM   #1
sisto
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 650

Another newbie

I've been lurking for a while. You seem like a super bunch of helpful people. I pulled the trigger eleven month ago and bought a 2006 E63 with the NA V-8 and manual 6 sp. The car was stock (including, to my amazement, the OEM wheels and run-flats) other than a Magnaflow exhaust, which sounds fab.

It had 105 k miles and all kinds of issues, but it was a SoCal/TX car and had good bones. One wheel and two tires were bad, so I threw 4 OZ 19x8.5/19x9.5 with 255/40 and 285/35 BF G-force c2s on instead. I also put slotted cryo dics all around with Akebono pads.

BMW Seattle replaced the faulty steering angle sensor, which fixed many problems. (They have been great; not inexpensive, but entirely fair and competent). We also replaced the battery and did a few other little things.

My wife and I use it primarily for day trips around NW Washington or on longer road trips through the West and Rockies. The picture is of the darling outside the Southern Rocky Mt. Nat'l Park after 1500 miles of high-speed insect murder. We have another 20 k miles already logged.

I enjoy driving this car more than any I've driven before. The wheel/brake/tire combo almost makes it a different car in ride and handling, and the 10 lb/hp ratio make for some fun jaunts. The last trip I had 1100 miles on the last leg and would not have minded another few hundred. It is a delight in every respect. I've even become fond of the cup holder.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
JakeBMW11.50
      11-19-2016, 04:07 PM   #2
chris.t
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 640d msport

Garage List
Welcome along, cracking picture of your car and scenery

Present 2014 BMW 640d msport