10-07-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
E93Blackhawk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i M sport

650i Sport package?

Hi guys

Havent posted on here before, i float around on e90 more. I got rid of my 335 a while back, considering getting a 650i.

I understand there is a 'sport' package for the 650, i would presume its quite similar to the M sport package, hardened suspension, lower springs, more agressive styling etc etc.

Can anyone confirm the differences on the sport package here?

Thanks chaps
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #2
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
The M Sport Package on the 650i is purely aesthetic aside from the M tuned exhaust. Suspension, power, etc. are the same for all 650i vehicles. The M exhaust is well worth the price. The aesthetic components include the body panel changes, shadow line trim, different wheel styles, anthracite alcantara headliner, M steering wheel, and the M dead pedal cover plate. I'm very glad I decided to tick that box on the order form.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2012, 11:51 PM   #3
BMWMilan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Southern6er22 is being too modest. Here's a great write up be did on the sports pkg.

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=650784
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
M6-4KIX
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 6 M(pkg) Coupe

I believe there is indeed a "sport pkg" offered in Europe?? When I ordered our 650i I was in love with the "sport seats' I saw in a few 640d cars in England. They are the same buckets as in the Z4 withe the headrests built ito the seat............ (a most uncomfortable seat other members have reported) My Cdn dealer said they were included in the "sport pkg" available only in Europe??

Contact a rep and let us know if this is a fact?? Candian cars initially got the Gloss Black belt molding when the M pkg was ordered but the chrome was standard for the US M optioned cars. I understand it can now be ordered for US delivery??
Attached Images

Last edited by M6-4KIX; 10-08-2012 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #5
E93Blackhawk
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i M sport

Thanks for the reply guys, yeah i presumed the package wouldnt be that dissimilar to the 3 series M sport package i had.

Does anyone know about the 645ci and weather it comes with a sport package, cant really seem to see anywhere that it does.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
The M Sport Package on the 650i is purely aesthetic aside from the M tuned exhaust. Suspension, power, etc. are the same for all 650i vehicles. The M exhaust is well worth the price. The aesthetic components include the body panel changes, shadow line trim, different wheel styles, anthracite alcantara headliner, M steering wheel, and the M dead pedal cover plate. I'm very glad I decided to tick that box on the order form.
Southern, interesting you mention the stainless dead pedal plate - have you considered a stainless set for the brake/gas? Think it would look great as a full matching set.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #7
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I really would like to swap them out for the rubber-studded stainless/aluminum pedals, but I've yet to see pedals that match the M Sport dead pedal. The 6er accessories catalog has a set of gas/brake pedals, but the don't really match the ///M dead pedal. They have a dead pedal plate that matches the gas/brake, but that would mean losing the ///M plate. If I remember correctly, the pedals were $150, and the dead pedal cover plate is an additional $150. I haven't really decided what to do as a good option doesn't seem to be available. Maybe I'm being too picky, but I just don't think I'd like the mismatched pedals in the footwell. If I do it, I'd probably just pay the $300 and but the lot and forgo the ///M dead pedal. The only thing I hate more than changing original parts is inconsistencies. I'm hoping that maybe waiting a little longer might give them time to come up with what I really want...
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #8
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsedixit
Southern6er22 is being too modest. Here's a great write up be did on the sports pkg.

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=650784
Haha. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #9
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22 View Post
I really would like to swap them out for the rubber-studded stainless/aluminum pedals, but I've yet to see pedals that match the M Sport dead pedal. The 6er accessories catalog has a set of gas/brake pedals, but the don't really match the ///M dead pedal. They have a dead pedal plate that matches the gas/brake, but that would mean losing the ///M plate. If I remember correctly, the pedals were $150, and the dead pedal cover plate is an additional $150. I haven't really decided what to do as a good option doesn't seem to be available. Maybe I'm being too picky, but I just don't think I'd like the mismatched pedals in the footwell. If I do it, I'd probably just pay the $300 and but the lot and forgo the ///M dead pedal. The only thing I hate more than changing original parts is inconsistencies. I'm hoping that maybe waiting a little longer might give them time to come up with what I really want...

I hear you- and it does not make alot of sense that the accessory pedals don't match the dead pedal. Hopefully they will correct it.
Appreciate 0