BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      09-12-2017, 07:03 PM   #1
F06M6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M6 GC SMB

Attention?...

Having had my M6GC for about 6 months now I've noticed that this car gets a lot of attention from other people. I regularly get people asking me about the car at the petrol station, I've had several guys shout out of their window "Nice car" while in traffic and I've had a few people take photos of the car as I'm driving around the town centre. I also notice a lot of people staring at the car as I drive past (Pedestrians/other drivers). I used to have an E60 M5 and I would probably get one comment every month or two. In the M6 I usually get some form of encounter once or twice a week. I really liked how the old M5 slipped under the radar for most people, I thought the M6 would be the same story but so far I feel Kanye West with all these paparazzi!

Jokes aside, what are your experiences with this? Do you find that the M6 garners more attention that other M cars? I think the SMB plays a large roll in the attention I'm receiving. I don't really mind it that much but I was quite surprised when people started taking photo's of the car hahaha
[IMG][/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 07:33 PM   #2
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 CP GC

It's a sexy car buddy. And even louder of a color. Bask in the fame as much as possible...because we all know Kim's derriere is going to start sagging soon.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 03:19 PM   #3
Evil Derboy
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I get more stares in the wife's Ghibli but whilst a traffic lights last week a kid knocked on the window and asked me to rev the engine and wheelspin!

Never had that before in any car.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 03:03 AM   #4
Taheemr
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

I think that in this day and age of little hoody shits walking around with tazer guns and knives being paid £50 to stab someone over a car or other valuable property means that the less attention that can be drawn the better. The stories that i am hearing at the moment really do detract from the fun of owning one of these, i ve just taken delivery of my replacement last week and im quite resigned to the fact that some tosser will want to get their grubby little hands on it or put a brick through it again.

Sorry to put a downer on what is otherwise a gorgeous colour, just be safe !!

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 01:45 PM   #5
Dazza993
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 3.0d M-Sport - Phytonic

I've only had my M6GC since the beginning of July and I've had more positive comments than I've ever got from my previous cars and I've had some half decent ones too (993 Targa, Boxster S, SLK to name but a few of the more visually flamboyant ones)

A delivery driver to the house was waxing lyrically about how beautiful the car was. I've had kids come up to me in the supermarket car park asking if I wouldn't mind starting the engine.
Even people at work have commented on the M6 but never about previous cars I've owned.
And there's plenty of stares from passers by at bus stops.

Personally I like the positive attention and so far (thankfully) I've had no negative attention or comments about me or the car.

If I wanted to blend into the crowd I wouldn't be buying M cars - of any colour or series to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2017, 04:30 PM   #6
nissan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP

I have a GC in SMB too and have gotten so many compliments and reactions from people here in Dallas where it's not uncommon to see exotics on the streets regularly. It's almost at least once a day where someone will give me a thumbs up or ask about the car. It does feel different, but I like it. My E63 AMG only got love from guys who knew cars. Otherwise, it was kinda bland. I like bolder cars and the M6 GC is one sexy sedan.

Best was at a dry cleaner where the teenage girl working there did a full walk of the car and said it was an awesome car. Usu. girls, esp. teens, couldn't give a f about cars so it was surprising.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2017, 02:38 PM   #7
BMWRog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan View Post
... Best was at a dry cleaner where the teenage girl working there did a full walk of the car and said it was an awesome car. Usu. girls, esp. teens, couldn't give a f about cars so it was surprising.
Probably thought you were some kinda popstar!
Appreciate 0