BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

11-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
acole10000
Rep
Drives: 650i xDrive

Garage List
None of the Apps work

So...Me being a total geek got beyond excited about the BMW technology and all the possible integration's that I would have on my 650i Coupe. My phone of choice is the Motorola Droid Maxx because my battery will last up to 3 days, the screen is big enough for me to see and the interface is overly customization.

Here is my sad summery;
  • BMW Remote - Does not do anything and I mean nothing - no door unlock, no remote lights and not remote horn.
  • BMW Connected - Can't get it to connect so that means no calendar, no facebook, no news, no wiki, no pandora, no audible...no nothing. And this was a $250.00 option.
  • Office - If I enable office to transfer the messages so I can read them on the display, Bluetooth cuts off.
  • Cant play my voicemail messages when bluetooth is connected and that includes the ones from my work that come via email and my native VZW messages.
Please someone tell me that it is not just me...And please do not tell me the cure is getting an apple product as that is not in the cards.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
Decorum
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 2012

Wouldn't it feel better if it were indeed just you? Then you'd know it could all probably be fixed.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
///M3THOD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by acole10000 View Post
So...Me being a total geek got beyond excited about the BMW technology and all the possible integration's that I would have on my 650i Coupe. My phone of choice is the Motorola Droid Maxx because my battery will last up to 3 days, the screen is big enough for me to see and the interface is overly customization.

Here is my sad summery;
  • BMW Remote - Does not do anything and I mean nothing - no door unlock, no remote lights and not remote horn.
  • BMW Connected - Can't get it to connect so that means no calendar, no facebook, no news, no wiki, no pandora, no audible...no nothing. And this was a $250.00 option.
  • Office - If I enable office to transfer the messages so I can read them on the display, Bluetooth cuts off.
  • Cant play my voicemail messages when bluetooth is connected and that includes the ones from my work that come via email and my native VZW messages.
Please someone tell me that it is not just me...And please do not tell me the cure is getting an apple product as that is not in the cards.
My remote works, but I have been experiencing the bolded problems. I also get no cd art display on my iDrive when streaming or connected via USB aux.

Its BS.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
bjayfan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 F13 M6

From what I understand, more things work with a blackberry. Some things work with an iPhone, and some things work with android, although with android it can get very model specific. Nothing works flawlessly.

While it won't help the OP, the Siri integration on the 14's really makes an iPhone much more useful.
Appreciate 0