BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-17-2014, 10:32 AM   #1
Petersl63
Rep
Drives: F12 M6 997tt

Exhaust and down pipes= torque loss?

Hi, I'm curious, I would like to do the Meistershaft exhaust and ams catless downpipes and was wondering if there is any power/torque loss after doing such a mod?

I have also heard that ams sells 02 extensions which cure the check engine light issue.

Anyone have any feedback on these issues?
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

Well I have the full turbo back Meisterschaft on my M6...Definitely a gain in power. I feel it most in the 5k+ rpm range. All I can say is pepper your angus, this system will turn your car into a monstrous beast. I now live in the city, and I routinely scare the shit out of people. Its much fun!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
Roadrage
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

+1 with btbossman with the exhaust system gaining hp and sounding like an beast. I also have the catless downpipes but the O2 sensor extension cables do not get rid of the check engine light, just allows you to secure the O2 sensor in factory clip location. Only solution to remove check engine light is a full ecu tune which we all are waiting on.
      10-18-2014, 12:14 PM   #4
C's Bimmer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M6 GC,'08 M5,'14 958 GTS

I have the full Meistershaft exhaust w/ LXR Midpipes, but I went with the AMS Catted Downpipes. The difference is night and day. Cattless or Catted is still better than the stock downpipes.

Current Garage:
*2015 Singapore Grey F06 M6 Gran Coupe (The Beast)
*2014 Black Cayenne GTS 958 (Wife & Kids Beast)
*2008 Imola Red E60 M5 (My Other Beast)
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 05:07 PM   #5
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C's Bimmer View Post
I have the full Meistershaft exhaust w/ LXR Midpipes, but I went with the AMS Catted Downpipes. The difference is night and day. Cattless or Catted is still better than the stock downpipes.
Any sound clips from your setup?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 09:19 PM   #6
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

The extensions might work if it's a Euro car but if it's a US car the extensions will not get rid of the CEL.

Ecutuninggroup sells catless DPs and software/tune that will remove the CEL. They cannot guarantee their software will remove the CEL on other brand downpipes though apparently because there is only one value they can modify/manipulate. So if you really wanna get rid of it maybe purchase their DPs and tune.

PP-Performance said they can get rid of the CEL with their tune but they are not in the US so kinda depends where you are located.

Btw... My CEL is on and I could care less. It sounds so badass that the little light doesn't bother me.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 11:44 PM   #7
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
The extensions might work if it's a Euro car but if it's a US car the extensions will not get rid of the CEL.

Ecutuninggroup sells catless DPs and software/tune that will remove the CEL. They cannot guarantee their software will remove the CEL on other brand downpipes though apparently because there is only one value they can modify/manipulate. So if you really wanna get rid of it maybe purchase their DPs and tune.

PP-Performance said they can get rid of the CEL with their tune but they are not in the US so kinda depends where you are located.

Btw... My CEL is on and I could care less. It sounds so badass that the little light doesn't bother me.

Brian
Ditto Forget the CEL, and enjoy the natural sounds of pure bad-assery!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 01:34 AM   #8
Petersl63
Rep
Drives: F12 M6 997tt

The problem with the car blowing a code is you lose some power. At least that's how it was on my Vette.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 11:24 PM   #9
2007 to 2016 M6 Cab
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post

Brian
+2.

My CEL occasionally on ...

Sound is crazy!!!
Appreciate 0