BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

11-19-2017, 11:46 AM   #1
jackliu0527
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 650iXdrive GC

N63TU intercooler running indefinately when car is off

Recently had an engine replacement due to a rod bearing faliure, also got both intercoolers replaced, got the car back, parked it, next day battery was dead, so hooked up my CTEK 4.3 battery tender and attempted to revive the batt, after 6 hours car was able to start, took it for a drive to charge the battery, when I got back I noticed there is a sound which sounds like a computer fan comining out of my engine, paid not much attention to it, hooked the car back up on battery tender then went to sleep, next day I woke up the sound is still there.

So i started chasing the source, eventually when i touched one of the intercooler lines i felt something was moving inside of it, i assumed it was the cooler pump still going and removed fuse, then the sound went away, gonna take it to the shop on monday and get it sorted out.

any BMW experts can shed some light on it and guess what was wrong? is the pump defective or connection was wrong or some sort of diag mode was left on?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2017, 06:32 PM   #2
murph914
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 650i Convertible

If you just had all that work done you should make sure everything is perfect on it. Get it looked at. The electric waterpump is either wired wrong, or there is some short or open circuit. If you keep this up you will kill your expensive battery.
Appreciate 0