BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
      05-19-2016, 02:49 PM   #1
Acexxon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F06 M6 F87 M2

BMW 640i GC Suspension Upgrade Questions

Hi guys, so far I have done a few mods to my 640i GC : ECU Tune & Downpipe (400R package) by Enzo Performance, HRE FF15 20", coming soon Meisterschaft GTC exhaust system and aFE air intake.

The power increase is noticeable, but I have yet to run dyno nor do some performance tests via vbox.

I find the suspension to be too soft, so I am thinking of upgrading the suspension.

Anyone here is experienced with 640i GC suspension upgrade? What options do I have besides KW? Also, I assume I will loose the OEM electronic damping control if I go aftermarket performance products?

Besides coilovers and spring kit, what other parts are worth changing for better stability/control?

Another question is the steering wheel, I find the 640i GC steering wheel is really light compare to the M6. Is there any way to make it heavier?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 12:09 AM   #2
NINJA59
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640D GC and MX5 NC PRHT

Instead of replying the other thread I will reply here, the answer to the damping control really does depend on your options.

Do you have "Comfort+" as an option in your settings? If you do then you have the electric dampers (as part of VDC or adaptive drive), if you do not then you don't.

It all depends what you want I think and want regarding the suspension, do you need/want adjustability? - then coilovers, if not then look possibly at the damper/spring kits or just springs.

Having a nose about...

Eibach do a spring Pro kit lowering it 25mm at the front and 20mm at the rear.
H&R spring kit is 30mm at the front and 15mm at the rear

There is a Bilstein B12 pro kit available for the 6 (i.e. not adjustable) but includes Bilstein dampers and the Eibach springs above.
(There is deactivation modules for those with the electric BMW dampers)

Or full on coilovers which looking around only KW do which of course is increased outlay.

Over other stuff if you want to then you have your anti roll bars and droplinks to reduce roll.

The main problem that this really comes down to is the F series 6 is still a bit new and of course less popular than the F10/F11 so the market for uprated kit is still small.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2016, 07:12 AM   #3
Acexxon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 F06 M6 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJA59 View Post
Instead of replying the other thread I will reply here, the answer to the damping control really does depend on your options.

Do you have "Comfort+" as an option in your settings? If you do then you have the electric dampers (as part of VDC or adaptive drive), if you do not then you don't.

It all depends what you want I think and want regarding the suspension, do you need/want adjustability? - then coilovers, if not then look possibly at the damper/spring kits or just springs.

Having a nose about...

Eibach do a spring Pro kit lowering it 25mm at the front and 20mm at the rear.
H&R spring kit is 30mm at the front and 15mm at the rear

There is a Bilstein B12 pro kit available for the 6 (i.e. not adjustable) but includes Bilstein dampers and the Eibach springs above.
(There is deactivation modules for those with the electric BMW dampers)

Or full on coilovers which looking around only KW do which of course is increased outlay.

Over other stuff if you want to then you have your anti roll bars and droplinks to reduce roll.

The main problem that this really comes down to is the F series 6 is still a bit new and of course less popular than the F10/F11 so the market for uprated kit is still small.
Thank you again for the suggestions.

Mine does have the Comfort+ and Eco Pro modes, so yes I have the VDC or adaptive drive.

I was looking for something like the KW DDC, which can be a direct plug and play, but they don't have it for the BMW 640i GC... So, basically, KW V3 is probably the one to get then? or are there other brands that make the DDC type for the BMW 640i GC?

Besides UR from Malaysia, are there other reputable brands that make light weight durable anti-roll bars? For Drop Links?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0