borys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2021 BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
Term delivery for 2016?

I wonder if the order is placed on 2016 M6 coupe in around 2 weeks or so, what would be estimated delivery month for it? Nothing individual in the car, but all options that are available for it at the moment.

Thanks for your answers!
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 02:04 PM   #2
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Really depends on if the dealership you do business with has an available allocation.

Let's say you strike gold- and they have one available that same week, or the following week/ the average wait time is 6-8 weeks to be ready for pick up at your dealer (and as you said no individual/priority 1 options. However- if there's some unforeseen part shortage, ie carbon fiber, that can add some weeks) if they don't have an allocation for a month or two- then tack that On top of the 6-8 weeks. Not sure where deliveries port for OK- so you'd have to ask them that. East coast gets shipments faster than west coast (2 weeks) due to not having to dip down, through the Panama Canal and back up.

Before agreeing to any deal with a dealer, ensure that they have an allocation unless it doesn't matter to you how soon/not you get it. M6 allocations (coupes more so than gran coupes) are nowhere near as common as all the other M division models- but they're out there, just gotta find it
      05-10-2015, 02:09 PM   #3
borys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2021 BMW X7 M50i  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [0.00]
I was thinking to get it delivered around October 1, so I guess I would be placing the order end of July? So they can make it.
The car I looked at was 2015 but did not agree on the price with the dealer, so I figured I could just order 2016 and have it once my lease ends in September.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2015, 02:18 PM   #4
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by acf10
I was thinking to get it delivered around October 1, so I guess I would be placing the order end of July? So they can make it.
The car I looked at was 2015 but did not agree on the price with the dealer, so I figured I could just order 2016 and have it once my lease ends in September.
I'd start looking end of June to be honest just to be on the safe side, seeing which dealer has one through out the month of July- which may require going out of state shopping or perhaps a different city in your state.

Most dealers will "sell" you the allocation by putting a 1000 deposit so that way they don't run your credit until it's time to put the order in. This way you can have peace of mind that you have a spot. Better to have it two weeks early, than two weeks late you know?

Nothing beats having the car exactly the way you want it- especially such a beautiful car like the m6. We're all very fortunate individuals here to be part of such a great small community with 1 common love/ the m6