BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

02-27-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
John Mclane
Registered
Rep
Drives: 650i vert

New to F12

Hello fellas
I just left my beloved 997.2 to a 650i convertible, naturally enjoying the much more relaxed drive...
I will post pics soon. I got it pretty loaded with a lot of things I would not order myself,but with a 8% off MSRP and the best number I got for my trade in I reluctantly accepted the extra comfort

It came with drivers assistant pck, parking assistant pck, ARS, 20"s, cold pck, comfort seat pck, APPS (I made them give me 2 snap in, one for the wife's X5). Deep blue w/ ivory seats, gray poplar. Not a big fan of wood or light colored seats, but the combo worked well. I would have ordered the M package, but one doesn't choose on cars at the dealer...

Unexpected issue is fitting children in the back seat. My 4 mo on a reversed car seat brings the passenger seat way too forward. My 3 1/2 yo on the seat behind the driver does the same. While the baby seat could not be used in the 911, the toddler seat was, and he was far better seated there, believe it or not. The cushion on the 650 seems to be too thick, bringing his legs up, so he wont bend the knees fitting his legs parallel to the back of my seat (confusing ). Question, has anyone here removed the back seats? I saw the schematics and it seems to be a leather cover on top of the shaped foam. Without the back rest, more space would come. I would not remove the bottom part as it gives height for proper seat belt usage.

Next naturally is modding. Dinan is the big name, but the warranty violation is concerning. They will pay for expenses related to the mod, but you have to bill them after paying it yourself. Kinda of tricky if they decide to be unreasonable. Hartge is also big in Europe, but have not found sofware tuning representative in the US

Software modding like Softronic would be ideal, as it is hard to detect, DIY and not that expensive. I had in my 911 and liked.

Another question for the situation awareness fans, did anyone here tried to install shifters in the front? It seems that running the wires from the bumper trough the firewall can be a major pain, as little space is available for operating. I'm considering getting a ZR4 and match with my 9500xi if I can DIY. Otherwise, the install expense might justify a 9500 ci....

Thanks in advance. I'll post pics soon...

J
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Can't wait to see the pics! Car and Driver had some pics of the same configuration but with M Sport. I am a big fan of the M, but the non-M looks amazing, too!

I look forward to others' answers to your questions, but I'm clueless.

Congrats on the new car!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
Superspeed
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: 640i, 120d, Cooper S

Garage List
Congrats! The 6er family is growing