BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

10-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #1
neilparmar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

2016 GC Fog Lamp / surround Removal

Hi Guys

Does anyone know how to remove the fog lamp surround on the M-Sport GC?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 10:14 AM   #2
Malik550
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F06 Gran Coupe

Two part question, my passenger side fog light just went out, I believe these are LED fog lights? So is there a bulb replacement or does the entire housing need to be replaced? Also does anyone know how to remove the housing or access the fog lights?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 10:53 AM   #3
upstate650
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik550 View Post
Two part question, my passenger side fog light just went out, I believe these are LED fog lights? So is there a bulb replacement or does the entire housing need to be replaced? Also does anyone know how to remove the housing or access the fog lights?
It's more likely that you have an electrical issue than all 3 LED bulbs burning out simultaneously. I would start by checking your fuses.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 10:55 AM   #4
Malik550
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstate650 View Post
Quote:
It's more likely that you have an electrical issue than all 3 LED bulbs burning out simultaneously. I would start by checking your fuses.
Would you be able to direct me to where these fuses are located?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2018, 12:04 PM   #5
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Would you be able to direct me to where these fuses are located?
See page 197 in the owners manual...I was trying to upload a pic of the passage but I'm having difficulty uploading the image.

In regards to fog light removal...here's instructions from the online TIS website: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ights/IexcaPum

As far as the fog light itself...it appears to be a single unit based on the part database...there are no individual bulbs offered...just one single unit:

Last edited by Qsilver7; 05-31-2018 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2018, 03:26 PM   #6
Malik550
Enlisted Member
Rep

Wow so the entire front bumper must come off? I hope it's just a fuse!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 02:04 AM   #7
DerBosewicht
Problem Solver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 640i Gran Coupe

Quote:
Wow so the entire front bumper must come off? I hope it's just a fuse!
No I just had a similar issue, water got into my connection and messed it up a bit. I was able to remove the bottom grill and access the plug on the left side of the housing on the side. That fixed my issue once I cleaned out the corrosion and reseated the connection.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2018, 12:18 PM   #8
Malik550
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport650Eye View Post
No I just had a similar issue, water got into my connection and messed it up a bit. I was able to remove the bottom grill and access the plug on the left side of the housing on the side. That fixed my issue once I cleaned out the corrosion and reseated the connection.
You may be onto something, when I step back and look at my fogs, the pass side is a little cloudy and upon closer inspection I can see condensation or water droplets inside. Now I don't know if the unit is dead, the fuse blew from water or the connection just needs to be cleaned and re seated. No option is easy tho, the fuses in the glove box are almost impossible to reach and easily test, not to mention I don't even know which fuse is the right one so I have to almost test all of them. I guess I have to start with the easiest task and that's trying to access the back of the light without removing the bumper. If I can do that and unplug it and make sure it's dry and plug it back in, next is onto the fuses, and if that doesn't solve anything I'm just gonna assume the housing needs to be replaced.
Appreciate 0