BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

10-31-2013, 07:40 AM   #45
parm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjayfan View Post

I'll have to say that while the process can be long and frustrating, in my experience BMW will step up and do the right thing.

Hope the new one exceeds expectations, enjoy!
Absolutely!! The sales manager has been an absolute rock and really been helpful and bmw uk have followed the process to a tee. Obviously when it's your car you do tend to feel that a week feels like a month but sytner and BMW have pretty much sorted this in less than two weeks.

I'm looking forward to the new car going to go for an identical car and maybe get the competition pack. Not for the power but I'd like to hear the turbos spool up a bit more(childish I know !!) phew now I can relax a bit!!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2013, 08:13 PM   #46
Jason yaco
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M6 convertible

Congrats on the good news I would have went crazy.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 02:42 AM   #47
RichardP
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 & M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
2013 BMW M6 Gran Coupe  [10.00]
1980 E26  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [10.00]
IMO the best option to spec on these cars are the Carbon Ceramic brakes, no fade, no squeal, no dust, no judder due to pad deposit build up, look great and probably last the life of the car for road only use. I'd take those over the Competition Pack, although it's nice to have both!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 03:37 AM   #48
Palmnuts
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Huracan Evo & M8 GC

I'd wholly concur with what Richard is saying. The ceramics on my M6 are the single best option I've ever bought and are outstanding with none of drawbacks you may read on earlier ceramic set ups.

Saying this, if you now have the chance I really would get the Competition Pack too. I had an early non CP F13 before my current one and whilst I know there were significant improvements in all 2014 models, the CP feels so much better in terms body control (the standard car isn't immune to body roll, the CP has none), and steering response/feel (the CP has a different and much more direct rack, and us a revelation compared to my earlier car). Some people say there's a deterioration in ride, but honestly I can't tell any difference on UK roads.

The only problem....those two options are £13k alone!!
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #49
parm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmnuts View Post
I'd wholly concur with what Richard is saying. The ceramics on my M6 are the single best option I've ever bought and are outstanding with none of drawbacks you may read on earlier ceramic set ups.

Saying this, if you now have the chance I really would get the Competition Pack too. I had an early non CP F13 before my current one and whilst I know there were significant improvements in all 2014 models, the CP feels so much better in terms body control (the standard car isn't immune to body roll, the CP has none), and steering response/feel (the CP has a different and much more direct rack, and us a revelation compared to my earlier car). Some people say there's a deterioration in ride, but honestly I can't tell any difference on UK roads.

The only problem....those two options are £13k alone!!
I think you've nailed it the problem is the price, I use my M6 as a weekend car and I think my wife may chop off a vital organ if I spend more cash on a toy!!
Appreciate 0