BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

01-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #23
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 F06

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar View Post
What is your BMS set to ?
That is no good if you are experiencing that.
You probably have a separate issue.
Do you have a scanner so you can read vehicle operating data when this is happening ?
Separate issue ? What could that be ? Seems like fueling issue to me, no I do not have any scanners
      01-06-2015, 03:00 PM   #24
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar View Post
What is your BMS set to ?
That is no good if you are experiencing that.
You probably have a separate issue.
Do you have a scanner so you can read vehicle operating data when this is happening ?
Yeah that doesn't sound good at all. I run my BMS at +4 w/ 91 octane pump gas and it runs fine.

Have you turned down the tune to 0 and made a hard pull? Does it still happen? If not progressively move to 1,2,3 and see when the issue presents itself.

These cars should adapt (for the most part) as you turn up the tune. We started with a pull at 0, then +1, then +2, then +3, and finally +4. The air/fuel was the same across the range on all 5 pulls.

I am almost wondering (as EuroKar said) if you have something else going on. You need to get an air/fuel sensor hooked up and monitor it while you are doing this otherwise we are just guessing.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 03:22 PM   #25
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
Yeah that doesn't sound good at all. I run my BMS at +4 w/ 91 octane pump gas and it runs fine.

Have you turned down the tune to 0 and made a hard pull? Does it still happen? If not progressively move to 1,2,3 and see when the issue presents itself.

These cars should adapt (for the most part) as you turn up the tune. We started with a pull at 0, then +1, then +2, then +3, and finally +4. The air/fuel was the same across the range on all 5 pulls.

I am almost wondering (as EuroKar said) if you have something else going on. You need to get an air/fuel sensor hooked up and monitor it while you are doing this otherwise we are just guessing.

Brian
I've tried different boost settings, when I had FUD set at 0 it had no issues, but it did not read the boost right, Terry said it didn't boost as much as it should, when I switched to FUD 1 it had those issues, Terry offered to switch the board for me, and I happen to know someone with stage 2 board, when I've switched I've seen no difference. I got stage 2 because I also got the meth kit, but it is not connected yet. So I've figured it's fueling issue
      01-06-2015, 07:34 PM   #26
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartian777 View Post
I don't know what it is but the car missfires/hesitates hard at high speeds
You have a code reader? Your car will continue to go into limp mode and store codes if you don't clear the codes rant are stored. Even though you have no cel it will continue to run like shit. I had a customer I was setting him up with meth and told him he needed to adapt the car with only third gear pulls till boost was smooth and consistent. They went through all the gears and got malfunction light which related to missfire codes. After that it kept getting missfire codes even when just doing third gear pulls. I told them to clear the codes even though it had no cel and now the car doesn't missfire and hauling ass.

He set up his meth kit the way I told him to set up, wiring and my install diagram. after sending me some logs and clearing stored codes car is hauling ass in every map. Map 0 Map 1 and Map 3
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 07:44 PM   #27
AstonMartian777
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
You have a code reader? Your car will continue to go into limp mode and store codes if you don't clear the codes rant are stored. Even though you have no cel it will continue to run like shit. I had a customer I was setting him up with meth and told him he needed to adapt the car with only third gear pulls till boost was smooth and consistent. They went through all the gears and got malfunction light which related to missfire codes. After that it kept getting missfire codes even when just doing third gear pulls. I told them to clear the codes even though it had no cel and now the car doesn't missfire and hauling ass.

He set up his meth kit the way I told him to set up, wiring and my install diagram. after sending me some logs and clearing stored codes car is hauling ass in every map. Map 0 Map 1 and Map 3
Brah, do you even boost ?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2015, 07:54 PM   #28
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Oviously you're not boosting and missing out lol trader!!! Lmao
Appreciate 1
      01-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #29
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Only on the weekends and only when the moon is in a specific alignment. Other than that is NA for me all day everyday.

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 07:46 PM   #30
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:

If you have the Meth Kit you made down to a science including instructions and diagrams I would be interested in purchasing it from you.

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 10:17 PM   #31
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrian View Post
If you have the Meth Kit you made down to a science including instructions and diagrams I would be interested in purchasing it from you.

Brian
Yes I've made a visual diagram and I can send you all the links on what you will need to order including links for interface down load to wiring diagram. Also I have charge pipes with CNC coolant bracket, hoses, hose clamps and Orings to protect coolant lines

Once you get everything I walk you through the whole process and get you going
Good luck!
G

Last edited by m6beast; 01-07-2015 at 10:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 12:05 PM   #32
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes I've made a visual diagram and I can send you all the links on what you will need to order including links for interface down load to wiring diagram. Also I have charge pipes with CNC coolant bracket, hoses, hose clamps and Orings to protect coolant lines

Once you get everything I walk you through the whole process and get you going
Good luck!
G
Got everything ordered from Burger so once I get the charge pipes from you we will get rocking on this project. Very interested to see what else I can squeeze out of this bad boy!

Brian
Appreciate 0