Yesterday, 01:14 PM   #111
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Now, the nuts in brownies thing I'm with you on.

Milk punch isn't an "every day" drink, for sure. Think of it as a less sweet alternative to egg nog over the holidays?
The name is bad enough that I can't bring myself to even try nog. Would rather be sober with in-laws over holidays than drink something with "nog" in it. <shudders uncontrollably>
Appreciate 1
Lups9536.00

Yesterday, 01:16 PM   #112
hooligan_clt
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
The name is bad enough that I can't bring myself to even try nog. Would rather be sober with in-laws over holidays than drink something with "nog" in it. <shudders uncontrollably>
You're missing out - egg nog is delicious.

My favorite recipe from Garden and Gun magazine:

Ingredients

◦4 cups bourbon

◦2 1/4 cups sugar

◦12 large egg yolks

◦8 cups whipping cream

Preparation

1.Pour bourbon into large mixing bowl. Stir in sugar and let sit several hours. Overnight, if you can wait. Beat egg yolks until they are an ugly yellow color. Fold them into the bourbon and sugar mixture. Let sit for two hours if you can wait. Whip the cream until very stiff, fold into the bourbon and egg mixture. Let sit for one hour if you can wait. Mixture may be cut in half if you are clever enough to know how to divide 2 by two! Serve in cups. Serves 20–30 people. Nutmeg not permitted! ENJOY.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer7371.00

Yesterday, 01:23 PM   #113
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Here's my recipe:
1 glass bourbon
ice to taste

Enjoy!!!

You don't know if Lups's hand has already handled those eggs!!!
Appreciate 3
Lups9536.00
bbbbmw1844.50
MKSixer7371.00

Yesterday, 01:28 PM   #114
hooligan_clt
Captain
Rep

By "ice to taste" you obviously mean "no ice", right?

Kidding, I occasionally put a cube in some bourbons - Booker's jumps immediately to mind.
Appreciate 1
bbbbmw1844.50

Yesterday, 01:38 PM   #115
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
By "ice to taste" you obviously mean "no ice", right?
Kinda like my idea to boil the vinegar
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:42 PM   #116
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Omg you guys are twisted!

I'll just list you all the approved drinks in my household, and on the whole world when I take over.

1. Non fat milk.

2. Beer on Sunday evenings since hubby runs his long run then and he has to take the kids with him so then it's not my job to tire out those damn pups. Tuesday also an option if my mom is acting up.

3. Single malt whiskey twice a year.

4. Red wine during Christmas for the period of time my mom is visiting.

5. Coffee from 4.30 am to 6.15 am. A lot.

That's it. No mixing. No adding weird shit.

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well, I believe in God -- and the only thing that scares me is Lups.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:34 PM   #117
hooligan_clt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post

I'll just list you all the approved drinks in my household, and on the whole world when I take over.

1. Non fat milk.

2. Beer on Sunday evenings since hubby runs his long run then and he has to take the kids with him so then it's not my job to tire out those damn pups. Tuesday also an option if my mom is acting up.

1. Skim milk (AKA non-fat milk) is not a drink. It's not even fit to put on cereal. Ugh.

2. Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin (allegedly)

3. Whiskey always, but bourbon or rye. You can keep your smokey iodine flavored Scotch.

4. Red wine with steaks, every time. No exceptions. Maybe a nice dry Chianti with pasta/red sauce.

5. Coffee all day - in fact, it's 2:35pm here and I just got back from a coffee run.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:46 PM   #118
Lups
Rep

Quote:
1. Skim milk (AKA non-fat milk) is not a drink. It's not even fit to put on cereal. Ugh.

2. Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Ben Franklin (allegedly)

3. Whiskey always, but bourbon or rye. You can keep your smokey iodine flavored Scotch.

4. Red wine with steaks, every time. No exceptions. Maybe a nice dry Chianti with pasta/red sauce.

L5. Coffee all day - in fact, it's 2:35pm here and I just got back from a coffee run.
Why the hell would you put anything in milk?! That's just all around sick. People like you are the reason those pesky Canadians have been getting away with their milk bags! You lower the bar of normalcy and that's why you've been added to my shit list!

I'm going to approve your red wine with steaks routine, though I can't copy it. It doesn't matter what I eat, I want milk with it! Whiskey is reserved to the times we go nuts with palls. That never ends well since none of us really grew up so three drinks in our spouses dump us for the night and we go look for some trouble.

Unfortunately we always find it and ... well then they shout at us. They're mean.

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well, I believe in God -- and the only thing that scares me is Lups.
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 02:53 PM   #119
Real Dodger
Texan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

1. Non fat milk.

5. Coffee all day - in fact, it's 2:35pm here and I just got back from a coffee run.
Number three is partial fake news! You did not mention Irish whiskey, vastly superior to anything produced in Scotland or Kentucky.

Yesterday, 02:55 PM   #120
Real Dodger
Texan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

L5. Coffee all day - in fact, it's 2:35pm here and I just got back from a coffee run.
Why the hell would you put anything in milk?! That's just all around sick. People like you are the reason those pesky Canadians have been getting away with their milk bags! You lower the bar of normalcy and that's why you've been added to my shit list!

I'm going to approve your red wine with steaks routine, though I can't copy it. It doesn't matter what I eat, I want milk with it! Whiskey is reserved to the times we go nuts with palls. That never ends well since none of us really grew up so three drinks in our spouses dump us for the night and we go look for some trouble.

Unfortunately we always find it and ... well then they shout at us. They're mean.
cinnamon frosted flakes and milk are a match made in heaven! Though we have been cursed with a buckwheats cereal shortage here for 25 years.
      Yesterday, 03:09 PM   #121
hooligan_clt
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Number three is partial fake news! You did not mention Irish whiskey, vastly superior to anything produced in Scotland or Kentucky.
Wrong. So wrong.

Irish is vastly superior to Scottish, though, I'll grant you that.

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:09 PM   #122
hooligan_clt
Captain
Rep

Quote:

What on Earth do you put on your breakfast cereal, then?
Appreciate 2
Lups9536.00

Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #123
Lups
Rep

Quote:
What on Earth do you put on your breakfast cereal, then?
I think I tried those once when I was five or so, you know, before I had teeth.

Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 03:12 PM   #124
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
http://www.faithfacts.org/christ-and...and-government

I don't disagree with you that religion should not be forced on people; that too is a tenet of Christianity. But to think that US law and society isn't founded on Christian principles is not accurate.
That website is complete garbage, BTW. US Law is founded mostly on English Common Law (unsurprisingly). Our society was founded on Christian principles because the early members were, by and large, Christian. We have evolved as a society since then, for the better in many ways.

I'm glad you agree that a certain religious morality shouldn't be forced on people. Sadly there are many "Christians" in this country that don't share your views - Blue Laws would be a perfect example.

Quote:
This list doesn't include bankruptcy laws, which are also largely adapted from the Bible.

Christianity used many of the concepts of the law that God gave to the Jews about 4,000 years ago, when they left Egypt (documented in the Torah). The Jews implemented the law, but shortly afterward asked for, and got, a king - and it was a mess from that point forward. The US founding fathers were the first to create a government based upon that system, and added Christian principles to it.
Christianity stole, errrr, "borrowed" many concepts from a lot of places. The Jewish Bible, the Code of Hammurabi, etc, etc.

We are never going to agree on this subject, so we might as well stop right now. Suffice it to say I think you're ignoring the large impact that The Enlightenment and Deism had on the formation of our unique government.
I believe English Common Law is also based in scripture?

Much of our law departed from the English concepts - we went back to the Rule of Law, instead of a monarchy.

Compare our founding to the French Revolution.

I include the Bible in the definition of Christianity- more specifically, the Old Testament (e.g. Torah).

I didn't see anything incorrect in the website, much less it being "complete garbage?"

Christianity didn't steal from Hammurabi or others - that's a myth.

IIRC, much of the Blue Laws were to spare small mom-and-pop shops from working 7 days a week, to compete with the chain stores.

Enlightenment and Deism - won't ever be proven, and the majority of FFs rejected that stuff.

Yes - we likely won't agree.
      Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #125
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Why can't you people just work out your differences and come to agreement?

https://www.liquor.com/recipes/bourbon-milk-punch/

Peace is restored.
Milk punch is delicious! You can even make a "frozen" version for the warm months.

Common ground between us, at long last, bbbb.
I love that stuff!
      Yesterday, 03:32 PM   #126
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2012 300C SRT8

Quote:
Quote:
Wrong. So wrong.

You poor sad delusional people you. Scotch is so vastly superior to Irish whiskey that it hurts me to say that they are both whiskies for fear that somehow Scotch will have become infected by its inferior Irish counterpart.

I know a good Irishman (if there's such a thing), who has brought over a few bottles of his favourite Irish whiskies to various events....well, he was organizing a beer tour the one day which I signed up for and had to email transfer him the money for the ticket.

Knowing him as I do (and being frugal as I am), my security question to him was "What is better than Irish whiskey?". And then I sent him an email explaining that the Scotch is the answer, and in fact is generally the answer to most things, but specifically it is the answer if he wished to receive his money.

That email transfer may or may not still be outstanding....
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 04:12 PM   #127
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

1. Non fat milk.

I mostly agree, but bourbon is good with steaks, and coffee after 2p sometimes isn't wise...

Scotch is just vile...
      Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #128
Real Dodger
Texan
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Wrong. So wrong.

I have a son named Grant, so I'll take it.
      Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #129
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
I mostly agree, but bourbon is good with steaks, and coffee after 2p sometimes isn't wise...

Scotch is just vile...
now i see what the issue is
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:01 PM   #130
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:

1. Non fat milk.

1. Scotch/Irish Whiskey
2. Any other Alcoholic Beverage
3. Coffee
4. Water if none of the above are available.
Appreciate 0