BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

05-04-2015, 08:10 PM   #1
AllCarbonEverything
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 Black Sapphire X6M

New Member Intro / 2015 Alpine White M6 Coupe! / Mods question

Hey fellas,

new member here. Just wanted to introduce myself and show off some quick pics of my new m6! Its loaded with Virtually all the options except for the Carbon Brakes.

So far all I have is the Photosync tint at 55%.

I have some other cosmetic mods being installed this week. Including Carbon fiber lip, Rims, and Grilles. But Im curious to know if anyone can recommend any performance mods that are either easily reversible or wouldn't heavily conflict with warranty.

My main desire is to get a little bit more out of the rather tame exhaust. Most guys seem to completely swap it out or have some serious work done. In addition to giving me more HP, Would adding say a BMS tune amp up the exhaust note at all?

Any recommendations you guys can give would be awesome! And now the pics, and ill definitely post more after the mods!

[URL=http://s1170.photobucket.com/user/S
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 10:22 PM   #2
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Beautiful ride man! Congrats and enjoy it in good health! I see you're in SoCal- come out to a meet sometime!
      05-04-2015, 10:58 PM   #3
AllCarbonEverything
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSugarSkulls View Post
Beautiful ride man! Congrats and enjoy it in good health! I see you're in SoCal- come out to a meet sometime!
Definitely! Ill have to check that out. Im guessing theres a forum with that info?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 10:43 AM   #4
gerbs
woof
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllCarbonEverything View Post
Definitely! Ill have to check that out. Im guessing theres a forum with that info?

Would like to know as well!

2013 F13 ///M6 Sakhir Orange
2013 F30 335i Estoril Blue II
2008 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue
2007 E92 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 11:06 AM   #5
YungDro
Major
Rep
Drives: -

stunning congrats
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 03:33 PM   #6
bigbrian
riding on rails
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2o13 m6 f13

None of the tunes are going to make the exhaust sound different. You would need to change the actual exhaust to make it sound different.

Brian
/// 2o13 m6 f13 . jb4 tuned . meth injected . msr intake . 21" adv1 wheels . eisenmann race w/ catless DPs . vorsteiner full aero . accuair e-level w/ bagged KW V3 struts . dinan sways . bel stir+ w/ alp jammer . jl audio subs
/// 2o13 x5m e70 . velos tuned . 22" adv1 wheels . dropped on kw variant3 coilovers . passport 9500ci radar & jammer. gets groceries fast
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 05:02 PM   #7
Roadrage
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Congrats and welcome.
      05-05-2015, 06:26 PM   #8
supremepower
Supreme Leader
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80, 996GT2, 996TT, 991RS 356b

Congrats on the pick up! There are many options for exhausts.

What kind of sound are you trying to get out of the car?

Sales & service of BBS Street & Motorsport products.
BBS Highest Volume Dealer 2015 thru 2022
All the top brands at the prices and service you can count on. Professional installation.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 09:50 PM   #9
AllCarbonEverything
Private First Class
Rep

thought id post a few update pics.

Badge / Grilles / and Vorsteiner Lip Installed! Rims up next... leaning towards MORR VS11. Ive heard good things about them, and its real hard to find a 21inch One Piece under 1500 a wheel.

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 11:24 PM   #10
BTF13M6
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M6 Coupe

Congrats and welcome!

20" ADV.1 5.0 MV1SL with Pirelli Pzero's
Custom Painted Grill, side markers and tinted front reflectors, Dinan Stage 1.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 12:10 AM   #11
gnhm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 / F87 M2

I recommend HRE or Klassen. You won't get 21s for $1500 a wheel from HRE though. Good luck
      05-07-2015, 12:17 AM   #12
AllCarbonEverything
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnhm3 View Post
I recommend HRE or Klassen. You won't get 21s for $1500 a wheel from HRE though. Good luck
I just found about about klassen today. Not sure how I missed them, Looks like they are a great option from what ive been told, and their M10 is hot!

Honestly it may not matter anyways im having a heck of a time finding a pair of 305/25/21 PSS ... ive scoured everywhere. No one seems to have them anywhere. I found two 265/30/21 so i snatched those up for the fronts but the rears are elusive. I just hope I can find them before whichever wheels I choose arrive!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 12:34 AM   #13
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Where in SoCal are you?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 12:37 AM   #14
AllCarbonEverything
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver View Post
Where in SoCal are you?
Los Angeles. Please tell me you know a place that has em!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 12:54 AM   #15
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Los Angeles. Please tell me you know a place that has em!
Nah dude...just wondering. There's Bimmerfest coming up, as well as a F8x meet in the OC. There're also a bunch of weekend GTGs that you just have to check around. In LA, there's the super car show on Topanga.

As for the tires, did you try calling America's tire?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 03:20 AM   #16
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
I just found about about klassen today. Not sure how I missed them, Looks like they are a great option from what ive been told, and their M10 is hot!

Honestly it may not matter anyways im having a heck of a time finding a pair of 305/25/21 PSS ... ive scoured everywhere. No one seems to have them anywhere. I found two 265/30/21 so i snatched those up for the fronts but the rears are elusive. I just hope I can find them before whichever wheels I choose arrive!
Please don't shoot the messenger, but somewhere around here I read that Michelin has stopped making the PSS in 325/25ZR21. One other poster went with the 305. I do not know if that is right about them stopping production but you are not the only one having trouble finding it.

Check that. This is not exactly your perfect solution but on a whim I checked this one site I use that is kind of a conglomeration of several tire sties. It took me to the Tire Rack. The Tire Rack site is showing the Michelin PSS in 325/30ZR21 to be in stock right now, but that tire is 28.7" tall. I don't know if the height and width will fit. Check with Twitch Massacre about his experience with his 21" tires - I think it was the 325/25ZR21. I believe this is his thread about it, but he is using Pirellis - http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...light=325%2F25. Note that his car is lowered too. Like I said, there is another member here who just put some 305/30ZR21's on his car.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 09:28 AM   #17
AllCarbonEverything
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chask View Post
Please don't shoot the messenger, but somewhere around here I read that Michelin has stopped making the PSS in 325/25ZR21. One other poster went with the 305. I do not know if that is right about them stopping production but you are not the only one having trouble finding it.

Check that. This is not exactly your perfect solution but on a whim I checked this one site I use that is kind of a conglomeration of several tire sties. It took me to the Tire Rack. The Tire Rack site is showing the Michelin PSS in 325/30ZR21 to be in stock right now, but that tire is 28.7" tall. I don't know if the height and width will fit. Check with Twitch Massacre about his experience with his 21" tires - I think it was the 325/25ZR21. I believe this is his thread about it, but he is using Pirellis - http://www.6post.com/forums/showthre...light=325%2F25. Note that his car is lowered too. Like I said, there is another member here who just put some 305/30ZR21's on his car.
Hey thanks for your input. Yea the 325's will not fit. The 305s is what i need or nothing. Whats funny is that pirelli makes the 305/25/21 but they dont make the correct size for the front wheels so that all but makes it impossible to get a matching set. I spoke with michelin. They told me because that tire is such an odd size they pretty much only make it on a demand basis. When people place enough orders they will make a new batch. Unfortunately the wait right now is AT LEAST 8 weeks. But ive been told to not even get my hopes up.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 01:41 PM   #18
chask
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC

Quote:
Hey thanks for your input. Yea the 325's will not fit. The 305s is what i need or nothing. Whats funny is that pirelli makes the 305/25/21 but they dont make the correct size for the front wheels so that all but makes it impossible to get a matching set. I spoke with michelin. They told me because that tire is such an odd size they pretty much only make it on a demand basis. When people place enough orders they will make a new batch. Unfortunately the wait right now is AT LEAST 8 weeks. But ive been told to not even get my hopes up.
Sorry it's such a pain. But at least they make them. Maybe order a couple of sets and when they come in you'll have one to use and a backup pair. Although, you might as well go into the tire business doing this.

How in the heck did you find someone to talk to at Michelin? I have been trying to get info out of Michelin for over a month. I got so frustrated I finally just gave up. So far all I have gotten is some sales support person who did not even understand the most basic tire terminology. I hate to use names so let's say that talking to cauliflower would have been more useful. The person with whom I spoke had trouble differentiating the concepts of tread width and tread depth, and section width really threw her. It was actually worse than that but you get the idea.

Would you please PM me with how you managed to talk to someone that was actually helpful?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2015, 04:02 PM   #19
AllCarbonEverything
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chask View Post
Sorry it's such a pain. But at least they make them. Maybe order a couple of sets and when they come in you'll have one to use and a backup pair. Although, you might as well go into the tire business doing this.

How in the heck did you find someone to talk to at Michelin? I have been trying to get info out of Michelin for over a month. I got so frustrated I finally just gave up. So far all I have gotten is some sales support person who did not even understand the most basic tire terminology. I hate to use names so let's say that talking to cauliflower would have been more useful. The person with whom I spoke had trouble differentiating the concepts of tread width and tread depth, and section width really threw her. It was actually worse than that but you get the idea.

Would you please PM me with how you managed to talk to someone that was actually helpful?
I dont think the person I spoke with was an expert in the technical stuff. I knew what sizes I wanted and she was very knowledgeable about the production. I didnt get her name but she told me they are able to access their production schedule for up to 4 weeks out and there is no scheduled production of the 305/25/21 Tire size in that window. IF its in the next 4 week window then they would ship after that. Hence the at least 8 week timetable. She only mentioned the do produce those in small quantities and the orders already placed would be filled first. She recommended its best to place an order for any tire you want if its on back order to make sure you get them when they do actually come off the line.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 05:17 PM   #20
JoeyLeeBMW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW ///M6 Alpine White

Garage List
Another Alpine White M6 owner here!

Congrats on the new car my man!

Great choice on going with the Vorsteiner new GT-V Front Lip!!

What shop are you using to get all your parts done at?

Hope to see you at Bimmerfest my M6 will be at the Toyo Tires Booth while I'll be working at the Nick Alexander BMW Platinum Sponsored Booth!

2014 BMW ///M6 Coupe "Competition Package" CLICK: Intro Thread Pictures

l Vorsteiner CA Demo Car l Toyo Tires l Trinity Autosport l Targa Trophy l Shift S3ctor
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 06:55 PM   #21
AllCarbonEverything
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyLeeBMW View Post
Another Alpine White M6 owner here!

Congrats on the new car my man!

Great choice on going with the Vorsteiner new GT-V Front Lip!!

What shop are you using to get all your parts done at?

Hope to see you at Bimmerfest my M6 will be at the Toyo Tires Booth while I'll be working at the Nick Alexander BMW Platinum Sponsored Booth!
Thanks man! I probably will forego bimmer fest this year as im still waiting on my exhaust, and some other mods and i doubt it comes before the end of the month.

I have the exhaust on order from AutoTalent, and ill be going there for that and the install of my rear diffuser which Ill install at the same time as the exhaust. BUT Id like to find another shop in the valley or more local for any minor stuff so I don't have to drive that far for everything. So if you have any suggestions let me know!

The place locally that installed my front lip was okay but without sounding too snobby Id like to find a more upscale spot.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2015, 04:02 PM   #22
AutoTalent
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6mt | e60 M5 6mt

Quote:
Thanks man! I probably will forego bimmer fest this year as im still waiting on my exhaust, and some other mods and i doubt it comes before the end of the month.

I have the exhaust on order from AutoTalent, and ill be going there for that and the install of my rear diffuser which Ill install at the same time as the exhaust. BUT Id like to find another shop in the valley or more local for any minor stuff so I don't have to drive that far for everything. So if you have any suggestions let me know!

The place locally that installed my front lip was okay but without sounding too snobby Id like to find a more upscale spot.
Can't wait!!
Appreciate 0