BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

03-14-2024, 08:52 AM   #837
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Sorry Ferrari woman, but I'm already taken
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2024, 10:57 AM   #838
dfox
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
RIC won't get a 2025 contract .
At this rate, I doubt RIC will survive until summer break. That seat would be much better filled by Lawson at this point.

I think his accident really killed any confidence he had to push things. It's one thing to run into a wall, but another to break bones. That changes you mentally, and at his age, is likely something he won't be able to overcome.

I do wonder what would have happened if Ric stuck it out at RB though. Would his downfall have been even faster? Would the competition and a strong car have kept his spirits alive?
Appreciate 1
MoeTE87719.00
      03-14-2024, 11:40 AM   #839
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Charlie and his new SP3 Daytona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxK5KPqKD_c
So, did they make one for Carlos or is he already cut off?
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2024, 01:00 PM   #840
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Ferrari: my sons come here i have something to tell you

CLC & CLS: yes what is it?

Ferrari: CLC will get a new car from Ferrari

CLS: what about me?

Ferrari: that's all sons, thank you for coming

CLS: this is inappropriate ... controlling ... aargh
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2024, 01:28 PM   #841
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobacs View Post
This Ric v. Max comparison is outdated. Ric is a shell of what he was. He can't even beat Yuki. Max's rookie form would demolish the current Ric.
RIC won't get a 2025 contract .
At this rate, I doubt RIC will survive until summer break. That seat would be much better filled by Lawson at this point.

I think his accident really killed any confidence he had to push things. It's one thing to run into a wall, but another to break bones. That changes you mentally, and at his age, is likely something he won't be able to overcome.

I do wonder what would have happened if Ric stuck it out at RB though. Would his downfall have been even faster? Would the competition and a strong car have kept his spirits alive?
The difference between "best before" and "expiry date" in food product dating.

Ricciardo shows signs of being past the expiry date.
M5Rick61285.50
      03-14-2024, 04:00 PM   #842
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

�� Rumours suggesting Adrian Newey might leave Red Bull Racing due to team turmoil are confirmed false.
- Helmut Marko and Red Bull GmbH CEO Oliver Mintzlaff reaffirmed their commitment to contracts, including discussions about Max Verstappen.
- Speculation about Newey's departure persists, but sources within Red Bull dismiss these claims.
- Newey remains focused on the RB17 project and hasn't been reassigned from F1 duties.
- Despite rumors of potential moves to Ferrari or Mercedes, there are no indications of Newey leaving.
- He will miss the upcoming Australian Grand Prix but will be present at the Japanese Grand Prix next month.
- Reports of Newey's unhappiness are exaggerated; he signed a long-term contract with Red Bull in May.
- In summary, rumours about Adrian Newey leaving Red Bull Racing are indeed false.
VIA: [PLANET F1]
Appreciate 3
      03-14-2024, 06:10 PM   #843
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
More interested in who this is.
That's her sugar daddy's car

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
///MPhatic14102.00
M5Rick61285.50
      03-14-2024, 06:13 PM   #844
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I'd rather have Charlie's signature under the hood / bonnet.

Actually I'd rather have his girlfriend
With money , you can get anything my friend

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61285.50
      03-14-2024, 06:19 PM   #845
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post

If you mean RIC's crash at Zandvoort , that wasn't a big crash .But he got a surgery on his hand ...
And before his crash at McLaren ?

At McLaren RIC s@cked even more

Appreciate 2
M5Rick61285.50
      03-14-2024, 06:27 PM   #846
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Quote:
At McLaren RIC s@cked even more
I suspect we have seen Daniel Ricciardo's last Shoey.

Too bad I really like this guy but if all things stay as they are he will be lucky to finish the 2024 season. IMO Liam Lawson is the likely replacement if he doesn't get Cheko's seat in 2025.
Appreciate 2
minn1914070.50
      03-14-2024, 06:34 PM   #847
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Carlos refused all his collaboration to work on the further development of the SF24.
As we know , Carlos didn't got a 2025 Ferrari contract . That's why I think Carlos said : F@ck you Italians !

#CutOff !

But in 2025 , LEW and Charlie will race as 'One at Ferrari !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick61285.50
      03-14-2024, 06:42 PM   #848
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
I suspect we have seen Daniel Ricciardo's last Shoey.

Too bad I really like this guy but if all things stay as they are he will be lucky to finish the 2024 season. IMO Liam Lawson is the likely replacement if he doesn't get Cheko's seat in 2025.
Mister teeth will disappear in F1 .

If not ...He'll need a miracle !
Hopefully he can score a few driver points in his Australian home race .

Appreciate 3
M5Rick61285.50
a5m618.00
      03-14-2024, 07:02 PM   #849
Car-Addicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M4 CS  [9.88]
Quote:
Can't wait for the Hamilton fireworks. The Italian press and Tifosi are so patient and understanding when Ferrari drivers don't win.
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2024, 07:12 PM   #850
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Can't wait for the Hamilton whine. The Italian press and Tifosi are so patient and understanding when Ferrari drivers don't win.
FTFY !

Appreciate 3
M5Rick61285.50
      03-14-2024, 07:57 PM   #851
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Pete View Post
I get it...you think that by making less of Hamiltons abilities and achievements you make Verstappen look better.
Its OK its what fandom is often about.

For me if Verstappen hadn't been so mediocre against his mid-field team mate Daniel Ricciardo I might have a better opinion of his driving. The endless crashes MV had early days was the cause of some mirth in pre race interviews with journalists.
But don't get me wrong, Verstappen is a good driver...even when you have a car so obviously faster than the rest of the field, you still have to win with it.
But the reality is that if Perez was the lead driver with a team mate of obviously lessor ability, he would have won world championships in that car as well....half the field would have in the same situation.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick61285.50
      03-14-2024, 08:24 PM   #852
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
It's gonna be SO bad #FerrariFued

Wondering if Mondelez International or Nabisco sponsorship will be prevalent on the new car
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61285.50
      03-15-2024, 04:00 AM   #853
Sneaky Pete
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTSean View Post
So you're saying Max isn't a great driver because at his worst, he was almost as good as Danny at his best?
Those 1st two years at Red Bull were also the only years Max was beaten in F1 by his team mate (he beat Sainz at Torro Rosso in his rookie year)
I'm saying that the naturally talented greats in F1 stood out from their first races.
If you were around to watch Senna when he first appeared in F1 you would know what I mean.
Or Alonso when he first drove the Minardi at 19.
Same Schumacher and Hamilton.

Yes you can learn to be a fast racer like Verstappen but it takes time....he can never be put in the same sentence as Senna as regards pure driving talent.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 04:45 AM   #854
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
A lot of people seem to be arguing both sides of why F1 is boring and if it is ok to have a dominant team or not. The RB fans here were bored and pissed off during MB/HAM’s dominant years (they were right and I actually agreed with them), but are just fine with RB/VER’s current super domination now (now hypocrites and I don’t agree with them). I was and am bored with both.

The problem now is the cost cap and other teams can’t catch up anymore like they could in the past. Or at least had the opportunity to like RB/VER (with help from Masi) ultimately did in 2021. Oddly, even with the cost cap it is still the same teams at the top with RB, MB, Ferrari and McLaren. The cost cap is a form of spec racing, plus with a rule book that teams need an army of lawyers to decipher, it cuts way down on innovation and we are where we are.

They need to go back to run what you brung with no cost cap and loosen some rules. And let some fresh blood in like Andretti/Cadillac. But the teams are short sighted as they are currently making a ton of money. Hopefully somebody with power in F1 pulls their head out of their behind and sees that this will soon lead to lower ratings etc. I have a friend that is a huge VER fan and he says he is on his phone now for most of the race. F1 is on the road to being NASCAR on and off the track if they don’t change/pay attention to what is going on.

Yes, the Bearman story is/was cool to F1 nerds like us, but not to the average F1 fan the sport needs to keep. It still isn’t enough for most F1 fans that are nerds like us.
It's funny the change in behaviours of people isn't it. As you say there would be so many toys on the floor from petulant people about the 'dominance' at the time but yet I see none to little of it from those Merc supporters now, glad to see they are showing a bit of class.

Same for team principles, never an interview went by that CH would vent and complain that something needs to be done. Yet again nothing from TW, in fact he was even quoted as saying it wasn't something he was going to ask for that the sport change, that Red Bull had done a good job and that it was up to everyone else this time to catch up. Such a stark contrast as to how different people and fans approach the sport. I think it's more to do with some of the supporters of some drivers and teams have been around for far longer maybe, who knows.

The sport will evolve, will it continue to be RB dominated, probably not the sport goes through times that some teams just get it right for 2-4 seasons and then when the sport changes so does the leader. My prediction would be that if the rest of the teams can't get close to RB this season they will give next year up completely mid this season and focus on 2026, as you say the cost cap now means its almost impossible to out spend to try options to catch up, almost stifling for innovation for a while which is a shame but maybe a necessary evil to ensure it stays sustainable.

Oh and Andretti should absolutely be given a chance to compete in F1, all the rest in any other industry would be classed as anti-competitive and would be fined for such protectionistic behaviour.
Appreciate 1
minn1914070.50
      03-15-2024, 06:42 AM   #855
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
The best car The best car

Sorry, had to.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 07:19 AM   #856
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post

Sorry, had to.
So then I guess Checo finished all those races 2nd if it's determined by the best car?
I think he only got 3 2nd places in that streak, only one more than Hammy, but just as much as ALO and LEC and 3 less than Norris.
It's indeed by far the best car when Max drives it.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 03-15-2024 at 07:25 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick61285.50
      03-15-2024, 08:36 AM   #857
Autobacs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X6M

Garage List
Quote:
With money , you can get anything my friend
The Beatles disagree with you and millions of others too. That is why "Can't buy me love" became one of their hits.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2024, 08:48 AM   #858
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
So then I guess Checo finished all those races 2nd if it's determined by the best car?
First, I have never liked Checo, and whenever he finally leaves it won't be soon enough.

Second, we all know the truth; that Max is always compared to Lewis when it comes to skill, and with equal time in equal cars we'd know the truth, but until that time it is what it is.
Appreciate 2
GuidoK11033.00
a5m618.00