BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

09-24-2023, 01:49 PM   #1
offpage
Rep
Drives: 2800CS / E46 M3

F12/F13 seat wiring for project car

Hi all!

I am working on a project restomod for an older BMW coupe and picked up a set of F13 seats because of the integrated seat belt and ability to fold forward - photo attached.

I am trying to put power to the seats to get the basic movements working, but can't seem to get it to work. I don't need all of the functions to work, but do need to be able to adjust the seats.

I thought I'd ask here in case anyone has experience or can point me to a resource for help. I'm SoCal and also open to working with someone locally if that is necessary.

I did find a post an another forum site where a user said they were able to get basic functionality by powering the pin 1 solid Red, and then all of the Brown and Red/Brown wires to -12v negative. But that hasn't worked for me.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2024, 08:23 PM   #2
dennisb
Registered
Rep
Drives: F13

Hi, any luck?

Hi, I'm working on the same seats at the moment. I did connect 2 big red wires and two small red wires together to 12+ and 2 broun (big) and two smaller brown wires to 12-. It was working. Now I'm trying to see if they got a timer or if it's my battery dying.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2024, 11:47 AM   #3
offpage
Rep
Drives: 2800CS / E46 M3

I got them to work temporarily by connecting those wires. The seats need to be upright. I believe that without a can signal, they time out and then stop working. Still working to find a way around this, I am in the middle of trying something that I can post if it works or not - but if anyone else solves this before me, please let me know - thanks!
Appreciate 0