BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

06-10-2016, 10:10 AM   #1
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 991S & 2013 M3 CP

Interior Trim Removal DIY - Looking for help

Hey guys,

I purchased the Carbon Fiber trim for my M6 that came with the wood trim thinking that all the pieces would pop out easily like they did in my M3 that I have CF trim in. Unfortunately when I went to remove the first piece of trim it was very difficult to even get started with the trim removal tools (I can pop the pieces out of the M3 by hand). Thinking that it was installed the same way as the M3 I forced the rear drivers side trim piece off, and I found that I had broken the part of the trim off the back where it actually SCREWS IN FROM BEHIND THE DOOR PANEL!

Here you can see on the old piece of trim where the part that the screw goes into from behind the door panel is broken off of the trim piece and is still attached to the car:

And here you can see on the new piece of CF trim where it is supposed to screw in as well as the part from the old trim that I can not get off of the door without taking the panel off:

So my question is - has anyone ever done this themselves, or if possible is there a DIY? I have searched for hours and can't find anything, but was hoping to find some help before I give up and take it to my indy to install. I am wondering if there is anything I am missing (a more simply way to swap these out), or if not if anyone has any advice on door panel removal, and even more so on how the hell the dash pieces are supposed to be put in! Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2016, 09:35 AM   #2
6coupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6 GC

Please keep this post updated if you find or worst case make a how-to, as I was wanting to have my silver trim sprayed piano black, so would have to go through the same process. As it looks to be quite extensive including full pnale removals, I'm hesitant as I don't want to end up with squeaks or rattles after the trim has been removed/refitted.
Appreciate 0