BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > General 6-Series Coupe, Convertible, and Gran Coupe Forum

04-19-2013, 10:52 AM   #23
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day
Hey Andreo,

I tried to test my lights to see if I has the same results you did, and I did not notice my lights doing the same thing yours are doing... I am wondering if a trip to the service center is in order...? My test was stopping at a furniture store on the way to work this morning. The furniture store is closed that time in the morning, so the parking lot was empty, so I could use their huge windows as a mirror for the headlights.
I notice that when the headlights are firsr activated, the is a cool leveling motion that takes place. But there was absolutely no movement of the headlights when I turned on the foglamp LEDs. In fact once my headlights were on, there was no agdjutments or movements to them no matter what position I put the headlight switch in... so I'm not sure if that is how it is supposed to be, or if something isn't working right on my car. I do have the adaptive LED stampped on the headlight housing, and also the M Sport package so I'm not sure if any of that makes a difference.
BTW, I have to say that this car is simply amazing. Today is the first time I drove it in two weeks and I didn't want to stop, lol. I am currently running possible usable excuses I may be able to use to skip out of work just to go for a drive! I have problems.... lol.
Oh yeah, the 6'er looks incredibly aggressive from the reflection I was using in that window... on coming drivers must be thinking "what the hell is that!"...
..not may 6 series running around my neck of the woods... yet... but that was the same when I first picked up my X6 all those years ago... now X6's are all over the place...
I will take a video and post it for you folks to see tomorrow. The mechanical movement within the light assembly is quite apparent as soon as I turn on or off the fog lamps. It is most puzzling that no one else is experiencing this. Perhaps my car may be behaving abnormally.

:
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #24
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreo View Post
I will take a video and post it for you folks to see tomorrow. The mechanical movement within the light assembly is quite apparent as soon as I turn on or off the fog lamps. It is most puzzling that no one else is experiencing this. Perhaps my car may be behaving abnormally.

:
I haven't tried it yet, but it could just be a region thing. Headlights do usually perform differently for different countries.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 11:51 PM   #25
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
BTW, I have to say that this car is simply amazing. Today is the first time I drove it in two weeks and I didn't want to stop, lol. I am currently running possible usable excuses I may be able to use to skip out of work just to go for a drive! I have problems.... lol.
Oh yeah, the 6'er looks incredibly aggressive from the reflection I was using in that window... on coming drivers must be thinking "what the hell is that!"...
..not may 6 series running around my neck of the woods... yet... but that was the same when I first picked up my X6 all those years ago... now X6's are all over the place...
I don't think you have problems. The car elicits the behavior you're experiencing. I've had my car for nearly 15 months, and I'm still burning tanks of gas for the fun of the noise and experience. I still look back at my car every time I leave it in the morning and at night.

Dry twisty roads, Sport Mode, and a lead foot are all you need. Wet twisty roads, Sport+, and a lead foot are even more fun... until it goes oh so terribly wrong. Luckily I haven't experienced that (outside of a nightmare or two ).
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #26
andreo
BMW Enthusiast
Macao
Rep
Drives: Citrin Black 650i Coupé (F13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreo View Post

:
I started another thread on this topic and posted the link to the video there.

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=830621

Last edited by andreo; 04-20-2013 at 01:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #27
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern6er22
Quote:
I don't think you have problems. The car elicits the behavior you're experiencing. I've had my car for nearly 15 months, and I'm still burning tanks of gas for the fun of the noise and experience. I still look back at my car every time I leave it in the morning and at night.

Dry twisty roads, Sport Mode, and a lead foot are all you need. Wet twisty roads, Sport+, and a lead foot are even more fun... until it goes oh so terribly wrong. Luckily I haven't experienced that (outside of a nightmare or two ).
you said it. I always look back at her as well. Once in a while, I even sneak a peak at her out the window. You can tell you made the right choice if you still feel the same way you did on day one, even after 15 months. I know you are a huge contributor to this forum, and many of us respect your knowledge and insight concerning the ultimate driving machines. Stay safe on the roads and enjoy in good health!
      04-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #28
southern6er22
Southern6er22
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 650i xDrive M Sport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Stay safe on the roads and enjoy in good health!
You too!
Appreciate 0