BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

11-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #1
Hargreaves
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7

Solved my Cup Holder Issue

Repost - Sorry made a newbie posting error yesterday and put this in the general forum!

So an update - 2,800 miles in and I am pleased to confirm that the more and more this engine opens up it is an absolute beast!

Anyway, one small issue was resolved today. I have been struggling with the over generous size of the cup holders in the front. I know, I know, not a massive issue but enough to cause me to do some research. Now in the UK I am yet to find a cup that is large enough to fit in the cup holder without space around the sides and its far too big for a can of drink, especially those energy ones that I need to keep me going.

So after some research on this site I ordered PART NUMBER: B51.16.9.239.365 - 334351 Insert for £22.34 which is the Insert for one of the Special Packs for the X3.

What I hear you ask? An X3 accessory? Well, it's basically an insert that sits in the Cup Holders that looks pretty and makes the gap smaller. So, the question I had was it going to fit without stopping the lovely cover from closing. The answer? Success!!

Thought I would post this trivial, but important! matter for fellow UK drivers!

Pictures attached.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #2
parm
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M50d

Nice car!!! You have good taste sir!! (Identical to mine!!)

Mine is soon to be wrapped matt alu blue with some 3D design bits. I've only done 600miles but good to know its even more ridiculous with more miles!!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
RichardP
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 M5 & M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
2013 BMW M6 Gran Coupe  [10.00]
1980 E26  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [10.00]
Interesting find, even though I'd never let anyone in the car with a drink so cup holders are not my top priority!

I'm on 1950 miles now, not far behind you and just starting to open her up a bit more, even keeping mainly to less than 5K rpm and not pushing the accelerator to the floor it's a seriously fast motor.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #4
Hargreaves
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7

Hi parm,

Thank you :-) I am VERY pleased with her.

I would love to see pictures of yours when it is wrapped! I love the colour of 'ours' and would be nervous of any changes but can't wait to see how it looks when it's all complete. Intrigued by the 3D effect as well!

As far as the engine is concerned in the last week I have either become more confident or she has opened up. It really does pull in a ludicrous way and the power just never seems to stop being on tap. I am still not confident enough to 'play' with her or really chuck her into corners but with the damp roads and the narrow lanes around me I am sure that it a good decision.

I've also added the Media iPhone 5 adapter today - works well and allows for more music choice without loading CD's and so on. The Connected Drive apps also work well to check out Twitter and Facebook whilst on the go (I am so Social!)

I've just got to work out how to get the Voice Dictation service working and the Mail coming through. I've got the text messages coming in and like that I can have them read out but still some research for me to do on the others!

She really is a beauty to drive, a stunner to look at and also very humbling listening to others comment on how they wished that they had one.

I am a very happy chappy :-)

Attached a few extra shots of her for you - SNAP!
Attached Images

Last edited by Hargreaves; 11-27-2013 at 02:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #5
jcbh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hargreaves
Repost - Sorry made a newbie posting error yesterday and put this in the general forum!

So an update - 2,800 miles in and I am pleased to confirm that the more and more this engine opens up it is an absolute beast!

Anyway, one small issue was resolved today. I have been struggling with the over generous size of the cup holders in the front. I know, I know, not a massive issue but enough to cause me to do some research. Now in the UK I am yet to find a cup that is large enough to fit in the cup holder without space around the sides and its far too big for a can of drink, especially those energy ones that I need to keep me going.

So after some research on this site I ordered PART NUMBER: B51.16.9.239.365 - 334351 Insert for 22.34 which is the Insert for one of the Special Packs for the X3.

What I hear you ask? An X3 accessory? Well, it's basically an insert that sits in the Cup Holders that looks pretty and makes the gap smaller. So, the question I had was it going to fit without stopping the lovely cover from closing. The answer? Success!!

Thought I would post this trivial, but important! matter for fellow UK drivers!

Pictures attached.
Wow! It is so funny - I have been also looking for something to make the cupholders smaller...this should do the trick. I have no idea why they would not make them adjustable - Porsche has a great system - they should copy them. Many thanks!
Jeff
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #6
parm
Private First Class
Rep

Good man! I agree it's an awesome car, unfortunately min ad dust under the paint when it was delivered so its back at BMW hq being rectified. I'm actually only having the 3D rear diffusor fitted as i think any more may ruin the design. Saying that when it hits the run in service I may go for the m performance exhaust but my wife may kill me if I spen £6500 plus fitting to make it louder.

It is a handful when even damp but tbh I like my car aggressive otherwise I would have stuck with the RS6 I had on order!!!

Enjoy the car and ill hopefully get some pic up in feb when it's wrapped
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
parm
Private First Class
Rep

I believe theses cars are faster in silverstone II
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
parm
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hargreaves View Post
Hi parm,

Thank you :-) I am VERY pleased with her.

I would love to see pictures of yours when it is wrapped! I love the colour of 'ours' and would be nervous of any changes but can't wait to see how it looks when it's all complete. Intrigued by the 3D effect as well!

As far as the engine is concerned in the last week I have either become more confident or she has opened up. It really does pull in a ludicrous way and the power just never seems to stop being on tap. I am still not confident enough to 'play' with her or really chuck her into corners but with the damp roads and the narrow lanes around me I am sure that it a good decision.

I've also added the Media iPhone 5 adapter today - works well and allows for more music choice without loading CD's and so on. The Connected Drive apps also work well to check out Twitter and Facebook whilst on the go (I am so Social!)

I've just got to work out how to get the Voice Dictation service working and the Mail coming through. I've got the text messages coming in and like that I can have them read out but still some research for me to do on the others!

She really is a beauty to drive, a stunner to look at and also very humbling listening to others comment on how they wished that they had one.

I am a very happy chappy :-)

Attached a few extra shots of her for you - SNAP!

Awesome pcs by the way, forgot to mention I've orderd some RPI intakes from the states, only £160 let you know how I get on.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #9
RiverRunner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Gran Coupe

Garage List
I like your solution. I've had a few close calls with cups falling over and I'll look for that insert in the US.
2019 Porsche 911 Turbo 991.2
Appreciate 0