BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
Go Back   6Post.com | BMW 6-Series Forum > BMW 6 Series Forum > BMW M6 Forum (F12 / F13)

04-13-2018, 02:40 AM   #1
Morteng70
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 E60/M6 GC/M550i/M850/M3 Com

M6 F06 Catless DP or resonators delete...??

Dear members hope to get some help from you...I am about to made up my mind for a new exhaust, I have listen to youtube videos for several months now, nearly going crazy, there are so many good options.....I have landed on the Eisenmann Sport (I will not go with Race!) and then I cant decide between going catless DP or res delete, I will not do both to begin with...witch set up would give the best sound/loudness in your mind, thanks for feedback.

Morten
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 06:04 PM   #2
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silverstone Metallic F06 M6 Gr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morteng70 View Post
Dear members hope to get some help from you...I am about to made up my mind for a new exhaust, I have listen to youtube videos for several months now, nearly going crazy, there are so many good options.....I have landed on the Eisenmann Sport (I will not go with Race!) and then I cant decide between going catless DP or res delete, I will not do both to begin with...witch set up would give the best sound/loudness in your mind, thanks for feedback.

Morten
If you don't care about smog, voiding your warranty, and a check engine light get the downpipes. They are proven to make more power and will definitely make more noise. The resonators will free up some sound, but not drastically. The only way to really optimize the downpipes and get rid of the check engine light is a tune.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 01:04 PM   #3
Morteng70
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kong24680 View Post
If you don't care about smog, voiding your warranty, and a check engine light get the downpipes. They are proven to make more power and will definitely make more noise. The resonators will free up some sound, but not drastically. The only way to really optimize the downpipes and get rid of the check engine light is a tune.
Thanks well, there is no warranty, I will get ECU tune anyway....its more the smell I am thinking about, I have never done catless before so I dont know what to expect....but going res delete.....I have options, res delete on the OEM exhaust with Eisenmann Sport mufflers or Eisenmann mid pipe section (non resonators) and Eisenmann Sport mufflers....will there be more sound with the full Eisenmann exhaust or will they sound similar..?

If more sound is needed I must consider catless..but then add 300cell high flow cats somewere down the piping to prevent the smell...

Morten
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 01:08 PM   #4
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks well, there is no warranty, I will get ECU tune anyway....its more the smell I am thinking about, I have never done catless before so I dont know what to expect....but going res delete.....I have options, res delete on the OEM exhaust with Eisenmann Sport mufflers or Eisenmann mid pipe section (non resonators) and Eisenmann Sport mufflers....will there be more sound with the full Eisenmann exhaust or will they sound similar..?

If more sound is needed I must consider catless..but then add 300cell high flow cats somewere down the piping to prevent the smell...

Morten
I have a full eisenmann race system with no resonator midpipes and stock cats. It's really loud lol.. In terms of smell, friends with m5 and catless dp say smell is not bad.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 01:30 PM   #5
Morteng70
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I have a full eisenmann race system with no resonator midpipes and stock cats. It's really loud lol.. In terms of smell, friends with m5 and catless dp say smell is not bad.
Dear God, that would be loud like the valve system on the Sport version...but still, the full exhaust would be louder than just res delete on the oem exhaust....??
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 01:37 PM   #6
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Dear God, that would be loud like the valve system on the Sport version...but still, the full exhaust would be louder than just res delete on the oem exhaust....??
Yeah it's pretty loud.. I'm gonna do downpipes eventually once I get a full ecu tune. I'll probably have a shop weld in a set of meisterschaft electronic valves once I get the DP in. My wife drives the m6 more than me, and she already thinks it's wayyy to loud with stock dp haha. Not for the faint of heart
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #7
Morteng70
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah it's pretty loud.. I'm gonna do downpipes eventually once I get a full ecu tune. I'll probably have a shop weld in a set of meisterschaft electronic valves once I get the DP in. My wife drives the m6 more than me, and she already thinks it's wayyy to loud with stock dp haha. Not for the faint of heart
I hear ya I have mine stored through the winter as I live in Norway, but I take it out once in a while during dry sunny winter days...the turbo really likes cold temperatures, goes like hell, no need for air scoops here About to install K&N filters this week, order the Eisenmann full system this week and also doing a ceramic pro paint protection so the beast is ready for summer
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 02:00 PM   #8
kong24680
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I hear ya I have mine stored through the winter as I live in Norway, but I take it out once in a while during dry sunny winter days...the turbo really likes cold temperatures, goes like hell, no need for air scoops here About to install K&N filters this week, order the Eisenmann full system this week and also doing a ceramic pro paint protection so the beast is ready for summer
Very nice... I am planning on doing a ceramic coating soon as well. Unfortunately my m6 has been parked outside since I bought the car due to renovations on my home. Hopefully she will be back to her former glory soon!
Appreciate 0